Alfie to Everton?

2 things, we need Alfie for 55, in the summer I'm resigned to him leaving, never hid his ambition to play in a bigger league, would love him to stay longer, but it is what it is.

Secondly, his missus needs to have wee Alfie in Scotland so we have a shout in about 20 years at having a decent striker at international level...

It's a gamble but the reward could be huge.

we don’t have the financial luxury to take such a gamble.

although I understand your logic... it’s not that simple.

We need to keep him in January. As said above of he can achieve close to 50 goals got the season there will be loads of interest at higher value in the summer and we’ll have the league trophy back at Ibrox.

Its actually depressing that any half decent player coming into our game gets snatched away from us, (and them tbf), i understand it will always be that way until the embarrassments of the sfa broker a decent tv deal and income. I wont hold my breath

I would be really surprised if clubs at that level in the EPL aren't all looking at him. The more teams interested the better, get the price up! But only for a summer sale, please.........

There’s been rumours now of Man U ,Everton ,Crystal Palace etc which I think is all good because it’s price conditioning him for that eventual sale ,the numbers getting tossed around also price condition him so if people want to talk £25m £30m or upwards then it can only be good for him and the club when that move does happen ,which it will but not in the jan window ,end of the season unless the gaffer could use the cash to go get someone else but for me he’s largely irreplaceable,I think we would need to change the team set up from mid - front ,Defoe can’t do what Alfie does and bully a whole defence he would need a partner 100% ,a number 10 .

He's going NOWHERE until we've won the league Number 55 only then will he get his dream move 55

has no price,he's not for sale untill the summer at the earliest.

if hes going it will be in the summer, SG would not sanction his sale while chasing the title and cup. I'd like to think that Rangers would add a sell on clause onto any deal as once hes down in england where we expect him to go and his stock rises, the transfer fee to a bigger club could more than double what we expect to reaonably get for him . we would get a few more £M out of it

I love the lad, he's maturing into a fantastic player and when we do sell him, because reality is a bitch, it better not be for anything under 35 million...........

Never gonna happen but can't argue with your logic!!
I agree. The big problem with it is replacing the player you loan out for that season, as well as the risk that it just won't go well obviously.
But imagine Celtic had done it with Van Dijk?

Look at the amount of money Christian Benteke has gone for. £32.5m to Liverpool and then £32m to Crystal Palace.

I know this is going to sound crazy but when the time comes what we should do is loan Alfie to an EPL side for a season instead of selling. The simple fact is there is a ceiling on how much they will pay for a player who plays in Scotland. 15-20 goals in the EPL and you can pretty much double your money. It's a gamble but the reward could be huge.

You're right...

That is fuckin crazy!

The thing is, if anyone is watching him this season they’ll realise they have to make their move now, he’s been incredible and is continuously improving.

If a ‘middle of the road’ club like Everton bought him a top level team, will end up buying him in a season or 2 for double what they would from us.

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if he go’s straight from us to a top level side, like Man Utd (I realise they’re not exactly playing top level just now but you know what I mean).

I’m actually shitting it for January, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get an offer that would be too much for us to turn down.

People are having a pop at indykalia being the source. AT the end of the day it’s not beyond the realms he would be talking to Everton? Whether you believe him or not it’s worth a discussion

I think we will get a few offers for him in January but unless he throws his toys out the pram he won't be going anywhere. For me if he keeps up his level of performance he could be part of the Liverpool squad. Not saying a first choice but certainly part of the squad.

People are having a pop at indykalia being the source. AT the end of the day it’s not beyond the realms he would be talking to Everton? Whether you believe him or not it’s worth a discussion

the legitimacy of the source is questionable - at best.

what’s heartening you see though, is with 290k followers, he/she has a large following, yet nothing negative being said about Morelos/Rangers.

One Everton fan saying he’d be delighted to get him, but doesn’t trust the source.

Others asking why he’d leave a big club like Rangers to go to a small club like Everton.

good to see.

How can he be talking to them though? Only way a team can officially talk to him is if they make a bid and we accept

These pages are ran by absolute virgins that make up a load of shite.
These virgins have taken over the social media coverage of football nowadays, the kind of folk that still watch wrestling. I absolutely include CJ Novo in that group.

Who is that absolute weirdo that does Man United stuff? Goldbridge or something?

Last edited:
I just cant see the board accepting a bid in January! It's going to be hard enough trying to win the league with him.

Also think he'll be happy to stay until the summer. European football after christmas, league winner and a real chance of leaving a Rangers hero.

If theres bids in January, there will be more in the summer.

No offence to the OP but these unsubstantiated rumours re Alfie should not be allowed on here, in my opinion.

They're all out there to unsettle us on the run up to the winter break.

Oh aye, I can imagine Gerrard and co won't be able to sleep on the back of a fanny posting a tweet and then a group of folks wasting time during their lunch hour at work talking about what a daft tweet is.

Its actually depressing that any half decent player coming into our game gets snatched away from us, (and them tbf), i understand it will always be that way until the embarrassments of the sfa broker a decent tv deal and income. I wont hold my breath

I wouldn't say he's being snatched away mate. He's played for us for 2 and a half years.

I was gutted when the likes of Jelavic, Boumsong and Cuellar all went for (then) decent fees because we barely got to see them play for us.

Alfie will go in the summer, I am sure and for us to have kept him and benefited from his goals for 3 years, is great.

I just cant see the board accepting a bid in January! It's going to be hard enough trying to win the league with him.

Also think he'll be happy to stay until the summer. European football after christmas, league winner and a real chance of leaving a Rangers hero.

If theres bids in January, there will be more in the summer.

They board, Gerrard and Wilson are clear that nobody's going anywhere in January.

That said, if someone offers stupid money, that player is going...

Alfie is worth more to us as a league challenger than say, a £15m bid. But a £50m bid? (Hypothetical, nobody's going to pay £50m)

They board, Gerrard and Wilson are clear that nobody's going anywhere in January.

Alfie is worth more to us as a league challenger than say, a £15m bid. But a £50m bid? (Hypothetical, nobody's going to pay £50m)
Absolutely mate, even at 30 million I think he'd be a bargain for someone. I'm convinced he'll be here until the summer, the board and Gerrard are building something special and he's vital to what we're trying to achieve.

Hopefully he keeps playing the way he is, few more goals at international level, leaves in the summer with our best wishes

Hate these threads - anyone saying he’s off in January is effectively calling our manager and performance director liars. TBF this one doesn’t specify when Everton want him, but then it doesn’t offer anything in the way of credible information. In other words ‘look at me, look at me’.
Mate it’s football, it happens.
I don’t think anyone’s calling them liars but money certainly talks and we have one of the most exciting players Scotland’s seen for years. Until the January window closes and Alfredo lines up for us in February I personally won’t be taking anything for granted.

I can’t express enough how bad a source indykalia is

pretty much, if you look at replies to his "scoops", it's generally people going on asking if somebody in KFC told them as the source as it seems most think it's just a guy who works there and just posts a load of pish

gets a few things right but 99% of the time wrong. Most of the time the things right are because other sources have reported them so they are copying the work for likes

Probably, but I'd say he's going to have to prove it at a higher level for a while before he gets that sort of move.

Everton would be a great move for him. I'd also love to see him and Richarlison fighting for huffiest-looking expression.

I agree with your general point and that is how it normally works if a top tier club is looking to sign a boy like Alfie. But one of their fans on redcafe who was in favour of signing him made a good point, which was that they need to start taking a chance on players like him earlier because when the Van Dyke’s and McGinn’s go to lesser clubs like Southampton and Villa first, it just means United have to pay about 6 or 7 times that amount when they actually decide to go for them.

It’s true, these goes transfer for £5-12m and after a few good games in the EPL they’re slapped with a £50-70m price tags.

How can he be talking to them though? Only way a team can officially talk to him is if they make a bid and we accept
I think it’s naive at best to think that conversations aren’t happening all the time between clubs with assets to sell

Tbh I've said it a few times on here but we could get £50m offers if the team is right.

If that Man united interest is accurate there is absolutely no reason we can't rinse them for 50M

However I still think he's here till summer, after that I don't think we will have any choice but to let him go. The offers are gonna be too huge to turn down especially if we go quite far in the knockout stages of EL and he scores a few goals.

Tbh I've said it a few times on here but we could get £50m offers if the team is right.

If that Man united interest is accurate there is absolutely no reason we can't rinse them for 50M

Very true mate. Stranger things have indeed happened in the English market but I think £25m is more realistic.

If we look at the English Championship, only 6 players have left for more than £20m:

#PlayerAgeSeasonNat.JoinedFee
Moussa Sissoko
Central Midfield
2716/17£31.50m
Jordan Pickford
Goalkeeper
2317/18£25.65m
Georginio Wijnaldum
Central Midfield
2516/17£24.75m
Ryan Sessegnon
Left Midfield
1919/20£24.30m
James Maddison
Attacking Midfield
2118/19£22.50m
Darren Bent
Centre-Forward
2307/08£22.28m

Even out of the above 6, 4 were from relegated teams: Bent, Sessegnon, Wijnaldum, Sissoko.

Almost all of the 'stupid money' EPL transfers have come from other cash-rich leagues: Spain, France, Italy and Germany.

I agree with your general point and that is how it normally works if a top tier club is looking to sign a boy like Alfie. But one of their fans on redcafe who was in favour of signing him made a good point, which was that they need to start taking a chance on players like him earlier because when the Van Dyke’s and McGinn’s go to lesser clubs like Southampton and Villa first, it just means United have to pay about 6 or 7 times that amount when they actually decide to go for them.

It’s true, these goes transfer for £5-12m and after a few good games in the EPL they’re slapped with a £50-70m price tags.

I don’t get why we automatically assume Morelos would have to go to a mid level team either.

He is a full international, his goal scoring record is phenomenal, not just in Scotland but in Europe too, and against very good sides.

I was slagged off for pointing this out last season, I think having watched both Alfie is every bit as good as Jovic who ended up at Real Madrid for 52 million.

I’m not saying he’d get a move as good as that, or that we’d get anywhere near that fee playing in Scotland as opposed to the Bundesliga where Jovic played, but a struggling Man Utd isn’t so far fetched a destination for Morelos.

I’d hate to see him go to Palace or somewhere, he deserves a bigger stage.

Very true mate. Stranger things have indeed happened in the English market but I think £25m is more realistic.

If we look at the English Championship, only 6 players have left for more than £20m:

#PlayerAgeSeasonNat.JoinedFee
Moussa Sissoko
Central Midfield
2716/17£31.50m
Jordan Pickford
Goalkeeper
2317/18£25.65m
Georginio Wijnaldum
Central Midfield
2516/17£24.75m
Ryan Sessegnon
Left Midfield
1919/20£24.30m
James Maddison
Attacking Midfield
2118/19£22.50m
Darren Bent
Centre-Forward
2307/08£22.28m
Even out of the above 6, 4 were from relegated teams: Bent, Sessegnon, Wijnaldum, Sissoko.

Almost all of the 'stupid money' EPL transfers have come from other cash-rich leagues: Spain, France, Italy and Germany.
Personally I think the bidding starts at around 30m and he will go for around there

However if a big rich team like United is genuinely showing interest we absolutely have to slap a ridiculous price tag on him and hold out because United are desperate they will cave in. Even £50m for Morelos is a steal for a striker at a big team like that. It all comes down to who's interested really, if a big rich team is interested - £50m slapped on, if it's just 'meddling' prem league teams like Everton or Villa then 30M would do the job.

But I don't think those transfers really say much. Championship teams aren't getting Europe experience against the big teams and tbf, Rangers would beat every single championship team more often than not. But transfers are a combination of so many things tbh and of that list the only 'rich' team would be Liverpool really.

I don’t get why we automatically assume Morelos would have to go to a mid level team either.

He is a full international, his goal scoring record is phenomenal, not just in Scotland but in Europe too, and against very good sides.

I was slagged off for pointing this out last season, I think having watched both Alfie is every bit as good as Jovic who ended up at Real Madrid for 52 million.

I’m not saying he’d get a move as good as that, or that we’d get anywhere near that fee playing in Scotland as opposed to the Bundesliga where Jovic played, but a struggling Man Utd isn’t so far fetched a destination for Morelos.

I’d hate to see him go to Palace or somewhere, he deserves a bigger stage.

Ehhh doesn’t surprise me, we’ve still got people on here who talk him down. Some absolute weapons who wanted him sold for £2m and one point and clearly still hold some sort of weird grudge because he’s made them look like mugs, same with those who wanted him papped straight out the door after the piggery last season, though that was much more understandable to be fair.

Back