Alfie

No,
Your last question is a mystery

And no he’s not a whipping boy. Folk are calling it as they see it.

Some including you it seems, appears to get uptight at anyone daring to criticise him
I'm saying to you and others we play as a team and 1 player should be be singled out for abuse if we don't win a game. My last point is obvious, if Alfie was as bloody awful as you're suggesting, Why didn't he get hooked at half time?
We are a team and play as a team, it's a collective responsibility for results or should be...

Bang on. The only way rangers will be sustainable long term is by player trading.

I remember being in Rotterdam when he scored two amazing headers and thinking that he had the potential to kick on and really go to a big club in a big league. Looking at him now you just can’t see who would want to sign him
it has to be the way, some fans may not like it but we can’t rely on European money and the directors pockets cause that isn’t sustainable as. Only thing is that guaranteed, we need to sell and sell before we get to another Alfie or even a Goldson situation.

The game could have been finished at 1-0 If we had defended the corner,
How many times have we seen this happen before? We have struggled to see the game out,
FFs we even let a goalie run up and score against us.

No game is ever finished at 1-0. So many going on about the defending. We defended fine apart from once (including saves from Greegs). We missed many times more chances to make sure that one defensive error didn’t matter.

Scoring goals from all those chances prevents a defensive error from mattering. Amazing how many expect our defending to be perfect but accept striking being sub standard.

No,

I'm saying to you and others we play as a team and 1 player should be be singled out for abuse if we don't win a game. My last point is obvious, if Alfie was as bloody awful as you're suggesting, Why didn't he get hooked at half time?
We are a team and play as a team, it's a collective responsibility for results or should be...
He should have been off at halftime you could see once again he was nowhere near it today.
Gerrards subs were weird as well but so often are.

He might have added more quality to his link up play but he is a shadow of the player he was a couple of seasons ago. He doesn’t bully defences anymore and has lost his explosive power and finishing

He maybe just needs another challenge, with 1 year left in the summer Wilson needs to be getting us a good fee for him.

I actually thought Morelos was underrated last season. He was involved in lots of good attacking play and we weren’t reliant on him for goals like the season before.

But there’s something not right with him just now and he played a big part in the result today.

Being picked on past glories now, hasn’t kicked his own arse all season and is an absolute shadow of what he was a couple of seasons ago.

Problem is there is no one challenging for the shirt, Roofe has been in and out and offered not very much, Sakala similarly hasn’t done enough with the game time he has had.

Morelos’ goal scoring record isn’t good enough for a striker playing for this team with the amount of chances we make.

Nonsense, if he had kicked it properly on target it would have gone in.

You're saying he missed it because he was overweight? B-D
You asked me for an example of his fitness impacting play...I give you it then you say I'm saying it caused the miss?

Weird.

Bad day at the office for him, It happens to the best of them.
If you have as many bad days at the office as he has you'd be moved on. He's the 'sacred cow' in the fans eyes and nothing bad can be said about him. However, I'd have sold him a good while ago.

He can't hit a barn door, but might turn a corner - doubtful though. If he does, and I hope he does, then it's overdue by a long way.

I think Morelos has been poor this season. The only thing he seems to pull off each game is a long switch. He's mastered that.

Whilst our options remain sakala or bacuna he'll always be the first name down.

Bang on. The only way rangers will be sustainable long term is by player trading.

I remember being in Rotterdam when he scored two amazing headers and thinking that he had the potential to kick on and really go to a big club in a big league. Looking at him now you just can’t see who would want to sign him
I remember really getting on board with how good he was after this game.

We would've still won the title if we cashed in on him last year. If we were offered £10m+ it looks like a catastrophic decision in hindsight...but the risk with his form, fitness & attitude had always been there.

Hanging on in the hope of a bigger fee is fine if you're dealing with a consumate Pro

No game is ever finished at 1-0. So many going on about the defending. We defended fine apart from once (including saves from Greegs). We missed many times more chances to make sure that one defensive error didn’t matter.

Scoring goals from all those chances prevents a defensive error from mattering. Amazing how many expect our defending to be perfect but accept striking being sub standard.
Ill kindly disagree with you, mate, Greegs made 2-3 great saves/blocks to keep us in the game, BMs run right through the defense, thankfully shagger saved us, again.

How many times have we failed to run the clock down? We even let the opposition's goalie score against us in the dying minutes.

If you have as many bad days at the office as he has you'd be moved on. He's the 'sacred cow' in the fans eyes and nothing bad can be said about him. However, I'd have sold him a good while ago.

He can't hit a barn door, but might turn a corner - doubtful though. If he does, and I hope he does, then it's overdue by a long way.
How come it hasn t been mentioned until today?

How come it hasn t been mentioned until today?
It's been spoken of on here many times, just that he's the sacred cow and dissenting voices are quickly quashed.

You obviously can't see past Alfie. 2 goals in 8 games for your No. 9 isn't a great return, no matter how it's spun.

What’s the reason he’s not firing at the moment do you think? 1 league goal in 3 months now. I lost count of the chances he passed up today.
he's been missing them for years now, the league cup final a couple of year ago, think it was his first old firm home game open goal and he hits the pot from a couple of yards out which would have levelled the score, he needs to give us goals and soon

There are some direct parallels with him and Edouard. At one time unplayable, setting the place alight and could have easily moved for a hefty transfer whack.

Lost interest, had his head turned, saw a future away from Glasgow and went into games half-heartedly, giving it 50% at best.

Will eventually transfer for half of what we could have got for him, and a player whom we once held in god-like reverence, we'll be glad to see the back of.

It's a funny old game.

It's been spoken of on here many times, just that he's the sacred cow and dissenting voices are quickly quashed.

You obviously can't see past Alfie. 2 goals in 8 games for your No. 9 isn't a great return, no matter how it's spun.
I can see past him, i also respect the different role he’s been playing for a while now.
Our defense was awful today, shagger made 2-3 great saves to keep hearts out, until the end that is

Alfie was woeful today. I felt he should have come off but equally can see why the manger keeps him on as he can pop up with goals. I do think he’s off the boil just now, and no player should be undroppable.

He's playing far too deep and I feel like he's forgotten what it means to be a striker, far too much focus on his 'hold up play' he needs to be attacking the defenders and scoring goals.

From mid to front we need to be more adventurous, we're far too pedestrian and focused on retaining possession and passing it back to the keeper when we're on the opposition 18yd line.

He's a shadow of the player that terrorised Feyenoord & Porto amongst others.

He's sluggish, looks immobile, his control & touch were awful - virtually nothing stuck when it was played to him - he doesn't look sharp at all.

I despair when I see him out on the wing & I couldn't give a toss if he's added the "cross field ball" to his repertoire - he needs to be in the box, between the sticks & putting the ball in the net on a regular basis. If he's not doing that he's not doing what the club needs him to do.

What’s the reason he’s not firing at the moment do you think? 1 league goal in 3 months now. I lost count of the chances he passed up today.
Too many nights out in sanctuary and not working hard enough on the things he needs top be doing.
He knows he'll play regardless.

Too many nights out in sanctuary and not working hard enough on the things he needs top be doing.
He knows he'll play regardless.
Correct, we have to play him to command a transfer fee that we would accept. In hindsight should have gone at the end of the season but monies for champion league groups has clouded our judgement and kept Alfie, hopefully he returns to his best soon.

I think the bottom line is the wee man wants away soon he doesnt see his future with us its really that simple hes gone stale love him to bits but a big offer comes in let him go.

He's a shadow of the player that terrorised Feyenoord & Porto amongst others.

He's sluggish, looks immobile, his control & touch were awful - virtually nothing stuck when it was played to him - he doesn't look sharp at all.

I despair when I see him out on the wing & I couldn't give a toss if he's added the "cross field ball" to his repertoire - he needs to be in the box, between the sticks & putting the ball in the net on a regular basis. If he's not doing that he's not doing what the club needs him to do.
This off the ball/creating stuff for others narrative has only been factually correct in an all too small fraction of the games he's played since 2019.

I absolutely believe the obsession behind the scenes and in our fan base with getting a top fee for him has had an adverse effect on his development.

He won't become the player we once thought he would be because he is hand on heart less of a player than he was 2 years ago, which is mental.

If we sold him for £8m in August, there would've been protests for days on Edmiston Drive.

Irony is that would've been cracking business. For me, there is no more of a player in Morelos at our club than there already is - he *may* improve later in his career, but it won't be with us.

He looks tired. A sort of apathy about his play. His demeanour pre match is also quite telling. He's slovenly for want of a phrase. You see him trudging around. He's well off it this season. It's almost as if he's fallen out of love for us.

Back