Allan, Taylor and Morgan

i see they watched Shankland yesterday. He may be number 4 on the list.
dont remember us being linked with Morgan though

And that's really saying something given some of the shite they have been coming out with.
Yep and also the caller stated that he wouldn’t take any Rangers player in their starting eleven. Less than 2 hours after being well beaten and their supposed star players hardly getting a kick :D

We were linked with Taylor when we were 'struggling' at left back and the Barasic critics were in full swing. Oh how times have changed, always stood by Borna, I remeber being at killie first game of the season, and some of the shouts coming from the terrace that day were just idiotic and people looking for someone to blame.

Also reading about Shankland aswell the soap dodgers have been watching him yesterday at scottish cup tie, could this be a repeat of Allan, Taylor and Morgan?

At the time I would have taken Allan. Wouldn’t touch him now though, don’t think he is good enough for our bench now. Taylor I would have liked in as a back up to Barisic but not for the price the tims paid. All three have made their decisions signing for them, so I wish them nothing but failure in their football careers

The Taylor one is the strangest out of them. £2m for a jobber full back was crazy money. It's not as if there was a bidding war going on for him.

Players that the filth signed mainly due to thinking it was players that we'd be after?
None have had a run in their team, so seemed strange that they put so much effort into signing them.
All grew up Rangers fan (as far as I'm aware)
Imho...none other than Allan (at that time) would have improved us.

Just a thought, is this something Lawwell would do?

...and trying to get to x250 posts

Not long to go now :)

They've always had a bit of a scattergun approach to transfers, the number of players they've signed in the last 10 years is horrendous.

Allan at the time would have been an improvement on our midfield, and might even have gone on to be better than he is now. Ruined it for himself imo. He can rot away at hibs now

i think the agents give it 'THEY're interested' when dealing with us or the other way about when its the tims doing the player purchases, so they can bump up the prices/wages/comission on offer

Taylor must wonder why he can’t get a game behind a left winger getting shoe horned in at left back.

he may not be a world beater but he is certainly a better left back that Hayes.

Allan would have been a good signing at the time. I still think he would have done a good job for us but he ruined it by signing for them.

I’d say they done it for Allan but not the other two. Morgan looked like a really good prospect and they needed a left back after Tierney left and Taylor (at that point) appeared to be the best in Scotland.

Scott Allan split our defence in two earlier this season, he genuinely is a gifted number 10 - the kind of player I think we are actually missing from the squad, one that can play that match winning pass.

GL577771.jpg

Scott Allan split our defence in two earlier this season, he genuinely is a gifted number 10 - the kind of player I think we are actually missing from the squad, one that can play that match winning pass.

It was a great pass but Jesus Christ it's been talked about as if it was KDB. Niko Kranjcar regularly played amazing passes with us but was done. There is more to game than finding one pass a match. It's part of the reason we destroyed them twice.

It was a great pass but Jesus Christ it's been talked about as if it was KDB. Niko Kranjcar regularly played amazing passes with us but was done. There is more to game than finding one pass a match. It's part of the reason we destroyed them twice.

Of course there is, but, if you put him in a better team, and afford him more of the ball, I am sure he would produce. I am not saying sign him up, I am saying that he isn't a bad player - and we need a player of that style - not particularly Scott Allan. I am sure he also did it a few times whilst on loan to Dundee against us as well on a side note.

I was the same. Was gutted when he signed for they bastards.
I was actually on my way on holiday and I think someone who was "ITK" said it was pretty much a done deal and he was signing for us, so I'm telling taxi driver (celtic fan) we have basically signed him and what a player he is

3 days the tims announced him and thankfully that taxi driver never brought me home

Still had at least a year had only been with us for 1 season.

Ahh well then yeah we shouldn't have let him go. We have had so many average players coming and going it's easy to get mixed up.

Also, our central defence now is probably the most improved position since those days. You were hiding behind the couch any time the opposition came in to our half.

Quite happy none of them have signed for us. Going to C*ltic hasn't improved any of their careers, although I'm sure it will have helped their bank balances.

As s previous poster said they have still not got over Johnston .On a connected point remember when Brown and Thompson became available from Hibs everyone assumed we were getting Brown because of his alleged tattoo and Thompson who they claimed was a Celtic man when in fact he was 100% Hibs man was going to the mentally challengeds .
We got the better deal there in my view .
Also they haven't forgiven wee Fergus for signing for us and he done some damage to them so they hate him with a passion .

Yet he can't even get a regular game for Hibs and was dropped again on Saturday.

He's been in and out their ream all season mate.

He certainly wouldn't improve us.

Back