Always a player from our European opponents that we would snap up

Davie_Mitchell

…or we’re quite impressed by, but not tonight. Not one of that USG mob would do for us. They had a couple of tricky forwards, but no better than anything we have. Their captain was OK I suppose, but Arfield is better and he’s playing a blinder as a squad rotation player. I didn’t think much of the goalie. If McLaughlin did that for our third then he’d be hounded.

…or we’re quite impressed by, but not tonight. Not one of that USG mob would do for us. They had a couple of tricky forwards, but no better than anything we have. Their captain was OK I suppose, but Arfield is better and he’s playing a blinder as a squad rotation player. I didn’t think much of the goalie. If McLaughlin did that for our third then he’d be hounded.
Keeper was dreadful at the winner. Happy days

They can go back to whatever rock they crawled out from, never heard of any of their players before this tie, never heard of the club and they tried to prance around like they were superstars and got their arses handed to them.

Supposedly Boniface, who they signed from Bodo/Glimt is quite good.

Looked up their three english players... they were signed from Accrington Stanley, Chelsea youth and Portsmouth.w

They were a physical team - which surprised most of us I guess. The type of team you hate though - they could dish it out but quickly went to ground when it was the other way round.

Had a few decent players in midfield in the first leg but they never got a sniff tonight so hard to judge.

I thought the no 94 gave Tav two tough games. Apart from him I wouldn't take a 2nd look at any of them

My favourite was the hjk Helsinki player we had threads on after one decent showing in a friendly. Had a minor meltdown on here pointing out he barely played for them and had been put on loan at amateur level.

They were utterly dreadful, didn't come to play football they spent the whole game cheating, time wasting and moaning about nothing. A dreadful nothing team with nothing players. Especially that absolute tit of a captain of theirs.

They had the equivalent of our night against them last week.

If someone saw our performance they wouldnt want to sign anyone.

They have quality players, hence they finished top of their league last season

They were honking and they (eventually) got put right back into their wee box.

They didn't finish top they finished second. There 2 best players from last season went back to Brighton and they lost there manager to Anderlecht. They are pish ;).

They didn't finish top they finished second. There 2 best players from last season went back to Brighton and they lost there manager to Anderlecht. They are pish ;).
You do us a disservice. Good team outplayed by us :)

They finished top of the league after the round of fixtures. They lost out in the mental playoff idea for the title. These guys were no mugs

Their 3 best players from last year are all away.

You do us a disservice. Good team outplayed by us :)

They finished top of the league after the round of fixtures. They lost out in the mental playoff idea for the title. These guys were no mugs

I honestly don't think I do, I thought we played well tonight of course but we absolutely should be beating teams like USG we were woeful in the first leg. PSV now that's a big step up but I recon we can still do it.

Their number 94. Lapoussin looked a decent player. Gave Tav a couple of tricky moments over the two ties, especially over there.
And would be our first player from Madagascar!!!

It seems that when what would be considered wee teams have a great season or are on a great run that belies their status, as well as having a particular system of play that is hard for them to change, there are usually one or two talisman types that spur the rest onto playing at their max. This is not sustainable and we saw that last night when their captain and the boy covering Tav were nullified, the rest of them were less confident and less aggressive (fouls aside).

Agree. Started to get annoyed with how much Teuma was being allowed to play. He's still an arse though.
Now the dusts settled and the ties won, can’t blame him at all for his underdog speech etc. on the field they were diving bassas tho

Thought their keeper was excellent minus the howler at the end. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet and commanded his area well (most of the time).

Their captain was a cheating ladies front bottom who just dived and fouled him way through both games.
To be fair you could say that of most of their side. Just a bunch of cheating bast@rds, very reminiscent of the scum in the east end, with whom they have a speshul relashunship.

Back