Postecoglou at Spurs

I really hope this fat gusset gets his jotters and f88ks off to another league somewhere overseas.

Sick of his sweaty coupon. But equally, it is quite interesting watching his fall from 'maverick manager with a great approach' to 'tactically naive Aussie grifter' in the eyes of the EPL media. They are never slow in identifying the weakest of the pack and dragging them down.

As for Spurs, more fool them for not identifying his abject European record as an alarm bell against his signing.

Read a few Spurs fans suggesting Son should be part of the clear out as he has too much scar tissue from previous regimes and isn't the right type of captain. Football fans, they're different but the same :D

Mentioned in the other thread that his reluctance to address the set-piece issue will kill him. He said he leaves it to Mason and Jedinak to handle- defence and attack- which feels outdated for how other elite clubs approach that side of the game.

James "Madders" Maddison has dropped off hugely as well.

He's a pretentious, obnoxious bastard who managed Celtic. Many reasons to dislike the guy.

Got lucky at Celtic in that he had the referees on his side, we lost Gerrard, GvB crumbled and we appointed Beale.

Thought he was the mutts nuts after wins at Luton and Crystal Palace. Celebrated like Champions. Weeks later and his Tottenham side were out of the title race.

His sides cannot defend - what are the stats, nearly 2 games conceded per game and 22/24 goals conceded from a set piece this season. Praised for his attacking style but that long gone out the window. Their play in the final third is chronic.

Tottenham fans are now realizing what he really is. A mediocre manager that cannot set up a team for the demands of English Premiership football, gaps all over the park, inability to play a high press and no shouting about stop passing it back will cover that up. It won't be long before he cracks in front of the media - the English media are on a completely different level to the ones up here. They can sense Postecoglou is about to snap and they will poke him until he finally does.

He'll have a rant and rave over the summer/start of next season, Tottenham will start the season poorly and he will be bagged.
So do you like him or not?

He's getting it tight from all corners today.

TalkSport right now 'Has Ange been found out'.

O'Hara: "This ain't Celtic. You can't only have one way of playing against the top teams".

Who would've seen this coming? :))
He’ll be back at peadodome before ye know it

I don't like him or Spurs but I think, if they finish 5th it's not a disaster. However, given they started well and how nauseating the media love in was, it's clear to see that there are doubts creeping in about his style on and off the pitch.

It seems like a complete culture clash to me. Spurs have invested heavily on their stadium and it seems like the fans are expecting them to be going after big stars to play in it. They're still miles off that though, they don't have anywhere near the pull of the big teams in the league and Ange doesn't seem like the sort of manager to try and go after big players either.

He seems to pride himself on picking up the under the radar players, I can't see that being the sort of policy that gets Spurs to the level they want to be.

A good bet for the first manager to be sacked next season. Managers really only last 18 months under Levy. An average start next season and he’ll be gone in September.

A lot of pundits had spurs collapsing down the table this season after bringing in Ange and selling Kane. He's done a decent job and will fancy his chances at improvement next season with a full summer to work with his squad without transfer speculation and a chance to sign a few players.

He's not Pep or Klopp, but he's a decent coach. If he was in charge or us or them this season the league would have been won by now.

A lot of pundits had spurs collapsing down the table this season after bringing in Ange and selling Kane. He's done a decent job and will fancy his chances at improvement next season with a full summer to work with his squad without transfer speculation and a chance to sign a few players.

He's not Pep or Klopp, but he's a decent coach. If he was in charge or us or them this season the league would have been won by now.
So you’d rather he was here in place of Clement?

Before the season started I genuinely thought that Spurs could be relegation candidates. We (Rangers supporters) sussed how his team plays. Up here he got very lucky as the other teams in our league did not have the quality of player to deal with them. He also got lucky with the departure of Gerrard from Ibrox. It is a different world down in the EPL. Basically his teams play a very high press and begin every game with a fast onslaught on the opposition to get an early goal, cause shock by doing that and then attempting from their to steamroll the other team. I was amazed that it took the other EPL clubs several weeks to work out how to counter those tactics. They now know how to play them and I think that the Tottenham fans are in for a very long season next time round.

A "Spurs" question I often ask.
It's purely a point of debate of course.
If they had kept (or been able to keep) Bale and Modric, would they have won the PL the year Leicester won it?
Nah they would've found a way to Spurs it up haha. Didn't they end up finishing 3rd in the end?

He's a decent manager, has performed well at every club he's been at, and 5th in your first season in the EPL with perennial 5-10 Spurs is pretty good.

I hope he continues to do well at Spurs then moves on to bigger/better things. I don't fear him, but equally, I recognize he's a much better manager than Rodgers so would not want him back at them.

He's tactility nieve to be successful in a top league I think he'll be gone by the end of the season teams are sussing them out chelsea will be better next season as will Newcastle and the top 3 I can't see how he improves them further

Spoke to a Spurs fan today, and he said he had a horrible feeling that Ange had been found out and would be gone by Xmas.

They finished 8th on 60 points last season. Currently sitting 5th, with 60 points accrued and 4 games to go. Probably unlikely that they will drop further. Fair to say they've had a better season than last but, given they had a very good start, its all petered out a bit.

Summer transfer market will dictate whether he sees through next season.

I don't think the summer transfer market will make a lot of difference. In my opinion it will be down to whether or not he either can or is prepared to change his tactics. If he doesn't then I think that Tottenham could be in trouble - from quite early on next season.

Taking my dislike of the big fat %^*& out of the equation, what exactly are Spurs meant to achieve that’s much better than fifth in the league?
league apart a would think they could expect to win some domestic trophies. a lot smaller clubs than spurs can do it.

I always expected spurs to be about where he has them tbh, they sold Kane at the start of the season and never really replaced him. Was always going to be a big miss. I would imagine next season they will be pushing for top 4.
dont think they will. a would expect better from man u and newcastle . both them and the top three just now should finish above them. they should be olooking to win one of the cups though.

Thought he’d struggle early doors with trying to get his system going. When he didn’t I thought maybe I was just wrong about him. Does seem to be coming undone now but if you actually look at it Spurs really don’t have many good players.

He won a watch when he was up in Scotland.
Media on his side, all softball questions, sycophants and bum licking. Refs assisting his team at every turn, Sfa helping his team, opposition barely trying a leg against his teams. Rangers in disarray. It papered over the cracks of how much of a whanker he is.

Thought I'd check for a bit of context, of the 27 pundits the BBC asked to predict the EPL top four, Spurs were in none of them and Kane was still in the squad at that time.

He won a watch when he was up in Scotland.
Media on his side, all softball questions, sycophants and bum licking. Refs assisting his team at every turn, Sfa helping his team, opposition barely trying a leg against his teams. Rangers in disarray. It papered over the cracks of how much of a whanker he is.
Paranoid lunacy.

The problem we had is, his board backed him in the transfer market and he outspent us each season by more than 50% of what we spent. The rest of the league were spending 500k and season he was spending 30m plus, the rest of the league cannot compete with that.

In England, he is at a middle of road team who don't have the most money or a big enough squad. It was quite clear they would burn out near the end of the season. His style will continue to get him pushing for top 6 but he will never get beyond that in the EPL playing the same way week in, week out. You need to adjust tactically in game.

What do you expect? He had media, tabloids, pundits, Sfa and match officials support up here so?

He's a pretentious, obnoxious bastard who managed Celtic. Many reasons to dislike the guy.

Got lucky at Celtic in that he had the referees on his side, we lost Gerrard, GvB crumbled and we appointed Beale.

Thought he was the mutts nuts after wins at Luton and Crystal Palace. Celebrated like Champions. Weeks later and his Tottenham side were out of the title race.

His sides cannot defend - what are the stats, nearly 2 games conceded per game and 22/24 goals conceded from a set piece this season. Praised for his attacking style but that long gone out the window. Their play in the final third is chronic.

Tottenham fans are now realizing what he really is. A mediocre manager that cannot set up a team for the demands of English Premiership football, gaps all over the park, inability to play a high press and no shouting about stop passing it back will cover that up. It won't be long before he cracks in front of the media - the English media are on a completely different level to the ones up here. They can sense Postecoglou is about to snap and they will poke him until he finally does.

He'll have a rant and rave over the summer/start of next season, Tottenham will start the season poorly and he will be bagged.
Since gubbing Villa to get within reach of a CL spot, they have played 7,only beat Luton and Forest, drew with West Ham and lost the other 4.

Back