Another €5 million in the Kitty

Shift a midfielder and sign a proper quality replacement.

A younger & better Arfield would be ideal.

Can we sign another quality midfielder with that?

Love Tillman but he won’t go 40-50 games this season.

Thought McLaughlin did really well tonight. Still think we need a quality box to box midfield
Don’t think box to box is needed but more of a creative player besides Lundstram. We have the options at ten or wide now. And feel we still need a better keeper.

Scary how much more you make from the CL compared to the EL, which is why we need to beat PSV, we cant let the mentally challengeds pocket this alone

It's not 5 million for this round but 5 if we get knocked out at the play offs, 12 if we go through.

Roughly 7.5 Mill over the 2 legs IF we go out at the playoffs.

Starting midfielder with something about him please. Much needed.

I am not sure how many touches Arfield had tonight - I can really only recall the shot on goal but the game bypassed him when he should have seen plenty of the ball.

We have a chance against PSV but will start underdogs. If we do fall there we can hold our heads high, losing to this mob and the £5m associated with it would have been totally unacceptable.

Disclaimer is all my rationality will disappear once the PSV game approaches!

would like to think Lowry and king will get some game time in the coming weeks and hagi back in October. I would be happy to sit on any potential European money and do something in Jan if needed…. Excluding replacing any outgoings.

Still need to shift Roofe & Sakala if they aren't going to be involved. Katic too.

I think ppl need to remember the wage bill will still be quite high.

Maybe need to speculate to accumulate. Don’t mean going mad but if management have a player in mind maybe better signing him asap especially if he helps is progress to CL group stage

Our European squad is already pretty bloated with players going to be unhappy with being omitted. And extra body through the doors would mean an extra current player disappointed at being left out.

But it does mean if we DO sell a Kamara, Sakala or Roofe, our position to replace them is all the stronger.
We will loose quite a lot next summer at the latest.
Contracts end for arfield, mcgregor, davis and helander , thats massive in wages.
Jack is entering his last year as well.
We will need a top class goalie maybe around the age of 26-28.
I hope simpson, roofe and sakala leave as well.

ofpsons
We will loose quite a lot next summer at the latest.
Contracts end for arfield, mcgregor, davis and helander , thats massive in wages.
Jack is entering his last year as well.
We will need a top class goalie maybe around the age of 26-28.
I hope simpson, roofe and sakala leave

Simpson is away already mate. Cardiff for an undisclosed fee. Not that he was anywhere near the euro squad.

Never even new that, a total waste of a wage.
Yes. But not a bad gamble of a signing. Free transfer, not a huge earner in all likelihood, and had potential.

Played a small part in bringing in 55, was a part of the record breaking defence that year, and if you are going to be kept out of a rangers team, to be kept out by Goldson, Helander, Bassey and Balogun is pretty respectable. If he'd been a £3m signing who couldn't displayed Karl svenssen or Russel Martin, THAT would have been embarrassing. Simpson, will always be a small part of something huge, but otherwise a forgettable bit of insignificance. No I'll will. And since Wilson has probably stuck in some incentives in the deal, I genuinely wish him all the best in the future!

Still a potential £30-40m to be made from winning this play-off round and now even in the worst case scenario it's a £5m parachute payment, £1-2m in gate money/TV and top seeding in the Europa league group which pretty much means guaranteed European football into next year.

Win the play off and the club is in the strongest position it's been in financially maybe ever. That's why we need to strengthen rather than risk losing out on that massive cash reward.
If we invest now and the new player(s) do not add anything in 7 days time , is it then a firesale to bring our costs back into ljne with the budget we have?

You're right.

We either get €5m for losing or the Champions League group stage participant money.
Aye I thought so but wasn’t 100%. I’d imagine there’s some kind of nominal bonus we get for each tie but nothing like the 5m

Back