Any condemnation since Sunday on the life threatening gesture?

The club could have killed the mhedia fuelled Alfie story by simply pointing out Alfie done the exact same gesture walking toward his own players after we scored in a European tie - meaning game over!

They could have pointed out this story was simply hate filled bigotry by those who are avoiding the fact there is footage around social media highlighting this fact.

Instead of calling these biased bastards out they let the tim press build hate on Alfie for weeks. The man who should have been in the press after that game was the cheat Clancy. Our club simply rolled over and ensured the whole narrative turned into a negative anti-Rangers story.
How do you make a partisan media print stories you want them to and keep them constantly going day to day?
Seriously? I don't think we can get the media coverage you seem to think will be afforded to us.

The club could have killed the mhedia fuelled Alfie story by simply pointing out Alfie done the exact same gesture walking toward his own players after we scored in a European tie - meaning game over!

They could have pointed out this story was simply hate filled bigotry by those who are avoiding the fact there is footage around social media highlighting this fact.

Instead of calling these biased bastards out they let the tim press build hate on Alfie for weeks. The man who should have been in the press after that game was the cheat Clancy. Our club simply rolled over and ensured the whole narrative turned into a negative anti-Rangers story.

we still have people who think that dignified silence is the way forward.

“Not the Rangers way“ they cry. And next week we will be getting shafted again by the same refs and the same people.

Why? Because they know they can with impunity!

One instance is a guy laying prone on the turf with an injury signalling 'his' game is over. The other instance is a guy who has just been red carded in the last minute of a derby game walking off the pitch signalling to the opposition fans that 'the' game is over. Although both are trivial and not worthy of media hysteria, lets not pretend they are the same thing. Alfie's gesture although not sinister in any way was a get it right up ye to the poet fans.

Trying to claim the two are the same is pathetic in the extreme.

Absolute BS. You are totally missing the reason of the thread.
Why attemp to smear Alfie, both actions meant its over?
One had weeks of unjust vitriol the other will have nothing.
Reading your post it seems you are firmly in the former camp?

Absolute BS. You are totally missing the reason of the thread.
Why attemp to smear Alfie, both actions meant its over?
One had weeks of unjust vitriol the other will have nothing.
Reading your post it seems you are firmly in the former camp?
Wind your neck in and read the thread. Plenty of blowhards have already responded to my post in the same way you have. If you choose to interpret what I said that way then fine.

Where they looking seriously looking at Morelos and Kent's gesture still,I do hope they are they wont now if they where.

It's the next step that needs to be taken!(let's hope it's not caving in refs widows or threatening people), but it ain't going away,and it's so frustrating,we are not getting anything near a level playing field!
God forbid the conspiracy word, but it damn feels and looks like it!
Mhedia and jhournalists were ALL over Alfie's incident, while we had one journalist comment the possibility of us being refereed differently.
We need some direction here,we and our club need some professional solutions., cause it
ain't going away.

Wind your neck in and read the thread. Plenty of blowhards have already responded to my post in the same way you have. If you choose to interpret what I said that way then fine.
Deluded and then some, theres a word that rhymes with expat that fits you perfectly.

You are no Rangers fan.

Ps are you Sutton or Hartson?

Deluded and then some, theres a word that rhymes with expat that fits you perfectly.

You are no Rangers fan.

Ps are you Sutton or Hartson?
Thankfully I’m secure enough in my convictions to not give a shit what you think about my qualifications as a fan.

RANGERS have lost their battle with the SFA over the controversial gestures made by Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent in the last Old Firm clash.

SunSport Online can reveal the Ibrox club have been hit with a £10,000 fine after an independent panel studied Morelos' 'throat' gesture and Kent's 'gun' goal celebration at Celtic Park in December.

Both Morelos and Kent escaped SFA bans in the wake of the derby.

But SFA Compliance Officer Clare Whyte included the incidents in an overall club conduct charge.

Gers were fighting to clear their players' names at a Hampden hearing late on Tuesday night after the initial meeting had been adjourned last week.

They argued Kent didn't incite trouble and claimed Morelos was merely signalling it was game over after he'd been sent off in the game.

Gers also pointed to the racist abuse the Colombian was allegedly subjected to.
But after hours of lengthy legal discussions at the national stadium the panel ruled against Gers.
And we can reveal they have been hit with a £10,000 fine for the two derby flashpoints.
The punishment also refers to the behaviour of coach Michael Beale who was involved in a touchline fracas during the game.
Gers could appeal the punishments imposed with the outcome of the hearing set to be officially announced later today.

They have previously slammed the SFA process with a stinging statement released when the charges were first brought.

One instance is a guy laying prone on the turf with an injury signalling 'his' game is over. The other instance is a guy who has just been red carded in the last minute of a derby game walking off the pitch signalling to the opposition fans that 'the' game is over. Although both are trivial and not worthy of media hysteria, lets not pretend they are the same thing. Alfie's gesture although not sinister in any way was a get it right up ye to the poet fans.

Wow....I mean wow...don't listen to yourself mate it's not good

Do you mean in the same way you interpreted Alfie to mean get it up ye instead of it's finished/over, as you afforded the mentally challenged - The irony?

Blowhards eh ...Very sanctimonious trait you seem to have there fella?

Thankfully I’m secure enough in my convictions to not give a shit what you think about my qualifications as a fan.
You'll be delighted we got fined today then mr security.

You're no Rangers fan with the opinion you have on Alfredo and Taylor.

Go and watch the video again, he didn't make any gesture to any fans and for you to say he did is shameful.

Rangers fan my arse.

Do you mean in the same way you interpreted Alfie to mean get it up ye instead of it's finished/over, as you afforded the mentally challenged - The irony?

Blowhards eh ...Very sanctimonious trait you seem to have there fella?
He also states Alfie made the gesture to their fans, hes no fan of Rangers mate.

A troll maybe, but no Rangers fan.

Taking the pish,if not get a grip.

Not disputing the unbalanced reporting mate, just think trying to make a case for Taylor doing something untoward at the weekend is a stretch.
Maybe it's not about making Taylors gesture untoward it's about highlighting two players making very similar gestures, the difference as to what context the gestures are taken depends on what team he plays for.

All Rangers supporters want is to be treated equally and it is definitely not happening.

Lets see if the compliance officer cites the Celtic player.

They could have.
They elected to employ the old dignified silence tactic.

Right now we have a situation where two parties are guilty of using the same gesture,we need an explanation of the rules and how they came to their conclusion that one party is to be disciplined and the other not.Its chip chip away at us ,as someone said on another thread the constant negative drive is having the desired affect.

It’s ok when a mentally challenged does it Ssshhhh... I will be surprised if anything happens nothing to see ... sweep sweep ...

How do you make a partisan media print stories you want them to and keep them constantly going day to day?
Seriously? I don't think we can get the media coverage you seem to think will be afforded to us.

I think it’s pretty simple. Just call them out.

Look how easy it was for the manager to get the ref on Sunday all over the back pages. You call Clancy biased (which they should have done) and there would be immense pressure and scrutiny on him. Instead he got a free ride.

I think it’s pretty simple. Just call them out.

Look how easy it was for the manager to get the ref on Sunday all over the back pages. You call Clancy biased (which they should have done) and there would be immense pressure and scrutiny on him. Instead he got a free ride.
Yes but the story just disappeared the next day because the media have no appetite for carrying it on.

If that was the other way round we would still be hearing about it, and radio Clyde would be devoting a full programme to highlight the difference in standards.

The media would wheel out everyone and their dog to comment on the situation.

We come out with a statement saying we believe Clancy is a cheat and you already know the media narrative. It would be to ridicule us for "paranoia" and to abuse us for putting the poor referees under undue pressure.

So I don't think you are appreciating how difficult a task this will be.

I mean do you think that the media would have given us fair coverage and still be pushing the Clancy cheated line to still keep the story relevant weeks later?.

Yes but the story just disappeared the next day because the media have no appetite for carrying it on.

If that was the other way round we would still be hearing about it, and radio Clyde would be devoting a full programme to highlight the difference in standards.

The media would wheel out everyone and their dog to comment on the situation.

We come out with a statement saying we believe Clancy is a cheat and you already know the media narrative. It would be to ridicule us for "paranoia" and to abuse us for putting the poor referees under undue pressure.

So I don't think you are appreciating how difficult a task this will be.

I mean do you think that the media would have given us fair coverage and still be pushing the Clancy cheated line to still keep the story relevant weeks later?.

When I said call them out I was also talking about the mhedia. For example Leckie slaughtering Morelos. Release a statement hinting at racism, put him in the news. Celtic done all this groundwork many years back when they used to wheel out their little lawyer in front of the cameras.

Now they don’t need to produce a lawyer - as Leckie and co would never do a similar hatchet job on a Celtic player. That’s because they know what will happen - Celtic will make you the news, and try and finish your career.

Call out the mhedia about double standards. Give examples of it.

This isn’t all about everyone in the mhedia being Celtic fans. It’s also about the environment, perception, and what’s allowed. Only the club going to war can change this landscape.

Last edited:
Back