Anyone know if NEH or new store or cafe is open on Sunday?

You'd have to expect it is but I don't know.

When you think about it though- what an effort to improve the non Matchday experience at Ibrox. The new restaurant looks lovely while we've now got a cafe and will have a museum soon enough.

It might take a while and be a bit of a distraction but it's good stuff.

I'd guess the Shop and Café will open every day and the Events space will open for, err, events - like Fanzone on match days.

Filled Ciabatta rolls.
Cheese and chutney toastie
Scones
Chocolate cake
Fruit loaf
Selection of traybakes
Rangers empire biscuits
Confectionery :D

Dearest place in Glasgow, but constantly mobbed, if you like a place you will pay for it, last time I noticed the prices it was about £3 for a bottle of Diet Coke
( I'm thinking of suing Coke for false advertising )
and £7 for the larger plate of Lentil soup
the actual prices of the cans of juice aren’t too dissimilar to many places and are a decent price point.

Just think that’s really expensive for a cup of tea :D

Pretty sure it’s 1300 for a standing event like a gig. Nearer 1000 seated I think.
Thanks mate. Was just trying to place where it’d fit in pecking order of Glasgow concert venues. Somewhere in between King Tuts and the Barras probably.

Doubt we’ll be seeing any household names playing there!

Thanks mate. Was just trying to place where it’d fit in pecking order of Glasgow concert venues. Somewhere in between King Tuts and the Barras probably.

You have the Garage, certain parts of SWG3, and QMU all around the 700-900 mark so it’s more in competition with those venues though they all have drawbacks. As someone who goes to a lot of live music, there very much a place for this size of venue, especially since the ABC burned down.

You’re right, that’s the gap in the market they are aiming for, and that was intentional I think. Rangers looked at the market and where there was a gap. I’m not familiar with the place but apparently NEH fills the gap that was left by the demise of a place called the ABC. Might mean something to you.

Dearest place in Glasgow, but constantly mobbed, if you like a place you will pay for it, last time I noticed the prices it was about £3 for a bottle of Diet Coke
( I'm thinking of suing Coke for false advertising )
and £7 for the larger plate of Lentil soup
As someone brought up going into Coai's when it was at corner of Millerston / Duke Streets in 60's that is f*** ridiculous to hear.

Off topic but I suppose that's what they meant when I read of the 'gentrification of Dennistoun'.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/glasgows-dennistoun-might-eight-coolest-22815250

Last edited:
I think the ' fanzone will only open on selected days as it would cost too much to open every day
For you to break even, how many customers roughly do you think you’d need a day, imagine that operation scaled up so much and I think you’re right. There probably won’t be enough demand for it to be open every day

What are the opening hours for NEH, is it just match days?

Also, has the Rangers Store in the corner of the Copland/SJ Stand now closed and relocated to NEH?

For you to break even, how many customers roughly do you think you’d need a day, imagine that operation scaled up so much and I think you’re right. There probably won’t be enough demand for it to be open every day
The only time we will be open will be for football or concerts, any other time would be a waste
We need 5 days to clean and prepare for a game at home

I was in for a short period on Saturday. Didn’t think there was enough seating in the cafe. Maybe for during the week but not on a match day. Went out on the balcony, that’s a pretty cool addition.

It would most likely be a good thing if the club decided to use all those social media channels which they have and announce what the opening hours are outwith match days, I know that’s hard for the club to do but you’d think with brand new complex which would have cost a fair whack then they might want fans to go and spend their money in it.

Could even put up opening times on the club website.

I’m no expert but

I was in for a short period on Saturday. Didn’t think there was enough seating in the cafe. Maybe for during the week but not on a match day. Went out on the balcony, that’s a pretty cool addition.
It has 30-40 seats which obviously will never be enough on match days but was absolutely fine yesterday afternoon when the place was moderately busy.
There is space to maybe put out a few more tables.
It is only the opening weekend so see how it develops.

Back