Are the players still training?

They now have time off until around 10th April. I spoke to Helander in airport on Thursday and he was flying home to Sweden. They are to try to report back around then and they will basically do a pre season. He said this is on assumption league games might continue from late May but it is obviously guess work at the moment.

I asked him about his injury and he said how annoyed he was as he is just fully recovered and back fit, then all this happens!

I was listening to 5Live in the car and they were talking to a Villa player (Connor Hourihane I think). Couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say they hope to be back in full training next week. Similarly all the 'pundits' going on about completing the season.

Too many in this country have yet to open their eyes and see what is unfolding before them.

A lot of players were allowed to return home to be with their families, you would think they would have their own routine to stay fit while home and would hope the guys that are still here are using the training center.

I was listening to 5Live in the car and they were talking to a Villa player (Connor Hourihane I think). Couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say they hope to be back in full training next week. Similarly all the 'pundits' going on about completing the season.

Too many in this country have yet to open their eyes and see what is unfolding before them.
They will be lucky to be back in full training by October. That is being optimistic.
The amount of ignorance regarding what is about to happen is staggering.

Alfredo must have travelled to Colombia, his Mrs just posted a photo of herself with the time as 1:18pm

This virus is only getting g started here. Eveyone in for a shock if think players will be returning anytime soon

There on a different planet if the think were starting training next week.
Maybe July if we are lucky
But impossible to say how long.

This virus is only getting g started here. Eveyone in for a shock if think players will be returning anytime soon

Scientists pushing for the social distancing to carry on till the end of the year. Might be back in time for season 21/22.

They will be watching their weight, diet etc but no training will be done before we get a date to play again I would guess

They will be watching their weight, diet etc but no training will be done before we get a date to play again I would guess

I'd be amazed if our players didn't have individual training plans that they'd be implementing on their own, with the data being monitored by our fitness coaches mate.

With everything else that’s been happening, I haven’t been in The Bear Pit much recently. With the SPFL seemingly still hopeful of completing the season in June/July, it got me wondering what the current situation is. Are they still using Auchenhowie as a group or even individually?
Should the league ever get the go ahead, it’s highly likely that the players won’t be anywhere near the level of fitness required to play matches at a high level.
Apologies if the info is common knowledge, as I said, I haven’t read an awful lot of content in The Bear Pit of late.
Will need another pre season after this.

I can’t see the players getting back into the country in April - this lock down of borders will be in affect till at least June I’d predict. Yet another reason why UEFA need to come out and give guidance to every league in Europe that the season is over and advise everyone what the approach is (void, current standings etc). It just seems insane to think the players will come back fit and heathy, have a few weeks preseason then play more than a game a week until it’s over!

exactly right mate, I doubt any football being played for at least 6 months, the news from Italy over the last 2 days is devastating

Back