Aribo-Outstanding

When he went into the middle of the park today we lost control of the game, should have kept him up top right where he was much more effective, in saying that, he gets into some fantastic positions and then always wants to cut back and play a ball into feet, only 1 assist in 9 games is poor. He has scored 2 goals which is ok I suppose but not great

Lundstam was by far the best player today
Our great failing, and Aribo is our biggest culprit with Kamara not too far behind.
Although, with Kamara, it’s usually outside the box.
Even the very last incident yesterday.
Twenty yards out, deep into stoppage time, and he still couldn’t find it in himself to shoot.
He and Aribo.
It’s beyond funny.
Actually, it’s worse and I’ll tell you why.
It’s incompetence, it’s lack of brain power, an inability to consider the options quickly enough.
How else can you explain how a player with so much talent can want to take so many touches only eight yards from goal, TWICE in a minute?
This happens way too often now.
Not the twice bit, but the rest of it.

Was anybody else perplexed by Joe being taken off today ?

I thought he was immense best player on tje park by a mile. This kid has the lot and him and Lundstram didn’t deserve to be on the side who lost that late goal. Both exceptional.

The strikers need to start doing what they are highly paid for and scoring goals. Wright , Sakala Morelos and Roofe this season nowhere near the numbers we need at our club

Gerrard messed up the changes which led to us losing our domination of the match.

When we were playing good football in first half it always broke down when Aribo got it, he has all the ball skills in the world but has zero match awareness, hagi was superior in the first half in the 10 and then Gerrard switched to the 4-3-3 as usual! In the stands and the match forum most were saying take aribo off at half time so dunno where he was outstanding, one late burst just before he came off.

He was good however I won’t have anyone being called outstanding in a home draw v a newly promoted side
Silly comment.
This newly promoted side, what a stupid put down, are doing not too bad.
Second in the league and undefeated is a much more pertinent view to take after nearly a quarter of the season.
I’d understand your disparaging comment after two games but not after nine.

We can look for excuses but at end of day if Alfie takes his chances we win. Subs are debatable.. Aribo going off was a strange one for me, Davis coming on at that stage of the game was stranger.
You didn’t see Davis coming on to help see the game out?
Now, that is beyond strange.
I’d have bet my house on it.

You didn’t see Davis coming on to help see the game out?
Now, that is beyond strange.
I’d have bet my house on it.
If Davis hadn't been awful for weeks it would have made sense. Yesterday all it did was move Lundstram out of the position he was playing well in to accomodate him.
As for Aribo he played well but had been travelling a lot and was on a booking, so could see the substitution.

As good as Aribo plays, he still takes too many touches. He could have put Kamara through on a counter and he took one too many touches and Kamara went offside. He would have been one on one against Gordon.
That sums him up, too many touches.
Not sure putting Kamara through one on one would’ve been the answer though.
Kamara would’ve found a way not too shoot either.

Our great failing, and Aribo is our biggest culprit with Kamara not too far behind.
Although, with Kamara, it’s usually outside the box.
Even the very last incident yesterday.
Twenty yards out, deep into stoppage time, and he still couldn’t find it in himself to shoot.
He and Aribo.
It’s beyond funny.
Actually, it’s worse and I’ll tell you why.
It’s incompetence, it’s lack of brain power, an inability to consider the options quickly enough.
How else can you explain how a player with so much talent can want to take so many touches only eight yards from goal, TWICE in a minute?
This happens way too often now.
Not the twice bit, but the rest of it.
Got to agree with a lot of this. Aribo is so one footed that he often just runs out of options of what to do. An exciting player but not a real goal scoring threat because of his inability to use both feet.
Kamara on the other hand seldom passes the ball from side to side. It’s mostly short passes. His goal return is poor for such a good player.

I just rewatched the first half to see where this was coming from as in the stands I thought he was sloppy, Wright was even more involved in our good play than aribo

He was good however I won’t have anyone being called outstanding in a home draw v a newly promoted side
Calling Hearts a "newly promoted side" is factually correct but remember they're behind us in the table, clearly a decent side.

Calling Hearts a "newly promoted side" is factually correct but remember they're behind us in the table, clearly a decent side.
Unbeaten and arguably been the best team in the league to date so far, we are a bit fortunate to still be ahead of them based on theirs and our performances so far

Thought he had a poor first half, kept giving it away and or slowing us down in the build up.

Second half he was very much improved. Was baffled he took off him and Hagi who had also improved in the second half.

The order and timing in which he brought Bacuna, Roofe and Davis on yesterday completely hindered us. Roofe should have been on at half time.

From the small sample we’ve seen of Bacuna I certainly don’t see him as one of the two wider 10s as he offers very little in the wide areas.

If he plays he has to play as one of the 3 midfielders however it’s clear the management don’t trust him enough to the donkey work in the opposite direction.

The few minutes he played in Prague he was the only one out the midfield 3 who tried to ‘break the lines’ on the deck with his passing.

I personally wouldn’t have took Aribo off yesterday.

Sakala for Wright was the sub all day for me for pace in behind.

Both Aribo and Kamara were outstanding today.

if that is the level of outstanding we will be winning nothing this season.

Both them faded really bad but then again they had been away on international duty. Both them are also far too indecisive in and around the box.

He was excellent. We dipped when he and Hagi went off.

Neither often play 90s though

And Aribo was in Africa playing.

I like Joe Aribo but I really don't think he has progressed since leaving Charlton in becoming a better player
He is a good player but not a top player
I watch him closely as I get criticised for my opinion on him but he’s not good enough, decent with ball at his feet(cage or futsal style) but can’t play football tactically and isn’t on same wavelength as like of davis kamara hagi who are all a few passes ahead of the game

From the small sample we’ve seen of Bacuna I certainly don’t see him as one of the two wider 10s as he offers very little in the wide areas.

If he plays he has to play as one of the 3 midfielders however it’s clear the management don’t trust him enough to the donkey work in the opposite direction.

The few minutes he played in Prague he was the only one out the midfield 3 who tried to ‘break the lines’ on the deck with his passing.

I personally wouldn’t have took Aribo off yesterday.

Sakala for Wright was the sub all day for me for pace in behind.
Sakala for me should definitely have come on for Wright. Hearts pushing forward was crying out for someone with pace to get in behind.
Don’t really understand our substitutions yesterday

Could watch him all day, fantastic on the ball an absolute joy

But there needs to be an end product and that is a genuine concern all over the park right now

He was excellent. We dipped when he and Hagi went off.

Neither often play 90s though

And Aribo was in Africa playing.
I think that is part of the problem. The coaching staff spend too much time managing minutes rather than managing the actual game we are playing.

Last edited:
Could watch him all day, fantastic on the ball an absolute joy

But there needs to be an end product and that is a genuine concern all over the park right now
I find him frustrating to watch, he has ball skills like a typical cage baller but his vision, passing and general play isn’t great

Back