Ayr knock back bid of £150k for Shankland from down south

Bonnyloyal

Shankland bid rejected
August 7, 2018/in Main Slider /by commercial

To pre-empt any speculation in the media we can confirm that we have today received a bid of £150k from a club south of the border. Our board of directors rejected the bid.

Manager Ian McCall said :”Lawrence remains fully committed to this club as his performance on Saturday showed. He is contracted to Ayr United football club.”

My boss is an Ayr fan and says this boy is the difference between them holding their own in the championship and going straight back down. £150k does feel low for what he could bring in for Ayr as he’s probably a 30 goals in all competitions guy.

Think he scored 2 in the opening game against Thistle at the weekend.

Could Ayr come up to the spl? They seem to be on fire, this boy especially. Though so were Dunfermline at this point last season I'm sure

Does their stadium meet the criteria?

Seen that maybe trying to bump up the price with Dundee looking at him. Im from Ayr a lot of my mates are fans and they don't want the club to sell and value him at a lot higher than 150 or even the 250 Dundee are being talked off

Hope Ayr hold on to him tbh. There's no clear front runner for the championship in my eyes and while I don't think Ayr will win the league, with this boy in their side they could certainly make a good go of the playoffs

Again, the English trying to rip the utter piss when the likes of Waghorn going for £7M....:rolleyes:

Ayr could get promoted with him in the team. £150000 is a fortune to them but his record alone shows he’s worth more.
We tried with Nicky Clark and failed but this boy knows where the net is as well.

seen him at a few Rangers games decent guy. Surprised he never got a chance with the sheep.

Saw him a few times last season.

His goalscoring ability and Raith Rovers inability to score enough combined to help Ayr win the league.

He is a decent striker but not at our level, yet.

Good luck to him anyway.

WATP

I remember him playing against us for Queens Park, he was only about 17 at the time, you could tell he had something about him, good technique. Was blatantly a bear from his twitter, maybe toned that down when he went to the sheep

Could Ayr come up to the spl? They seem to be on fire, this boy especially. Though so were Dunfermline at this point last season I'm sure

Does their stadium meet the criteria?
It has a grass pitch and is a four sided stadium.
Already better than Hamilton.

Ayr could get promoted with him in the team. £150000 is a fortune to them but his record alone shows he’s worth more.
We tried with Nicky Clark and failed but this boy knows where the net is as well.
Ayr will struggle to avoid the relegation playoffs even with him. He basically dragged Ayr to the league title, plus Raith screwing up helped. The rest of the team aren't that great.

He had a great game against us last year
Also comes from good stock
maxresdefault.jpg

Ayrs my loval team and every ayt gan I know raves about him if ayr hold on to him they have a good chancr at promotion this year theubet been outstanding so far this season

Back