B team Vs Broomhill tonight

Seen our line up before hand and thought we looked a bit depleted but that's a fantastic result and opponent.

Looking forward to wee Ferry's meltdown on the YouTube documentary they do.

I was at the same - OGB didnt even belong on the same park as the B team first half. Huge gulf in ability and, most tellingly, fitness. OGB looked absolutely knackered and every inch a part time over 35s team.

Standouts from the B team - Numbers 3 (honestly ran the show, unbelievable performance), number 4 (could tell this game wasnt even a challenge for him), numbers 6 and 11.

Like most, I'm looking forward to the OGB reaction from this as they didnt come close to competing and their 2nd goal was a total fluke that wouldnt happen 99/100 times.

No mate. I’m surprised at those heights , but Lovelace is built like Hoss Cartwright and Lowry is like Twiggy.
At 5.11 Lowry can hardly be described as small whatever his BMI is, similar to Hagi who is even taller, and consistently get's the ''wee man'' handle.

I was at the same - OGB didnt even belong on the same park as the B team first half. Huge gulf in ability and, most tellingly, fitness. OGB looked absolutely knackered and every inch a part time over 35s team.

Standouts from the B team - Numbers 3 (honestly ran the show, unbelievable performance), number 4 (could tell this game wasnt even a challenge for him), numbers 6 and 11.

Like most, I'm looking forward to the OGB reaction from this as they didnt come close to competing and their 2nd goal was a total fluke that wouldnt happen 99/100 times.
Can you put names to 3 and 4?

The youngsters looked good on the highlights.

At 5.11 Lowry can hardly be described as small whatever his BMI is, similar to Hagi who is even taller, and consistently get's the ''wee man'' handle.
That’s what you aren’t understanding, it’s nothing to do with their height it’s their willowy build.

A guy at 5 ft 8 built like a tank still gets called “ big man”.

No mate. I’m surprised at those heights , but Lovelace is built like Hoss Cartwright and Lowry is like Twiggy.
Don't know where those heights came from but think there's been a couple of growth spurts since then. Lovelace is much taller than 5'8 and I think Lowry is taller than 5'11 now as well.

That’s what you aren’t understanding, it’s nothing to do with their height it’s their willowy build.

A guy at 5 ft 8 built like a tank still gets called “ big man”.
At 5ft 9 myself, I,d be delighted to be described as big man, but it,s never happened. Sadly.

Obviously want us to beat broomhill , but don’t get the posts hating them aye they are both ex Celtic but the podcasts are pretty watchable and have Kevin Kyle and Andy Halliday on which completely balances out any Celtic mindedness , fair play if they are going to put time and money into a lower division club in Scotland as the standard is needing dragged up massively across the board
I don't see how Kevin Kyle is a scum supporter as well and does not hide it.

It's Jeremy Kyle type audience it attracts, started off well but has gone rapidly down hill.

Could use Pollok yeah their ground meets license requirements but comes down to whether Pollok would let us or club want to use it.

and I doubt they would, and I would agree with that.

Newslandfield is a great surface and the volunteers work hard to maintain it, they shouldn't be burgeoned by a Rangers B Team playing on it.

Wouldnt take much to upgrade auchenhowie to meet LL standards. Would make sense to play there

No point when it's only a temporary measure. Until its a full time event for the B team and can get promotion etc there's no point in doing it. There's not much space to add additional parking to the area either with tennis club next door and a housing area across the road. The club would probably need to dig at least 1 or 2 pitches up to be able to add parking.

Was interested to see how OGB would shape up. He is basically trying to play like the tims with lower level players. The amount of space they were giving up wide and then the laughable attempts to play a high line in the first half were amusing.

Our boys were brilliant mind you.

Guys like Si Ferry and Slaney have a decision to make. Either chuck the podcast and have a real crack at becoming respected football managers/coaches or bin the football side and continue to have a laugh and take the piss on the podcast.

I saw the clips they put out of slaney doing a Ronaldo style interview and it was cringey as fcuk to be honest.

How can anyone take them seriously in football when they get up to that nonsense on the side?

Anyway I digress completely, well done to the young bears beating the IRA select.

I know what you're saying but if you've watched any of their documentaries that they've put out about their journey so far at Broomhill then you will see how serious they do take the football side Ferry especially. Slaney is a clown but think most of it is an act with him half the time.

The podcast is helping them get fans through the door to watch them like 1600 at their cup tie on Friday 1500 for Hearts B, 1200 for Brora Rangers etc so the podcast is helping them on the football side.

Was interested to see how OGB would shape up. He is basically trying to play like the tims with lower level players. The amount of space they were giving up wide and then the laughable attempts to play a high line in the first half were amusing.

Our boys were brilliant mind you.
They were trying a high press with 1 player, the rest of the team sat deep even when we had the ball 30 yards out with the CB's they wouldn't press. Like I said the fitness levels from OGB were non-existent. I was actually shocked at that given I had just watched Pollok take Ayr to a close game the night before and there's 4 leagues between them.

Lyall 2nd goal is a cracker did their 2nd goal take a deflection it's hard to tell from footage?
It looked like Lewis had just taken a step to the right, anticipating Semple to come across it rather than hit it straight through bodies and couldn’t react in time.

I know what you're saying but if you've watched any of their documentaries that they've put out about their journey so far at Broomhill then you will see how serious they do take the football side Ferry especially. Slaney is a clown but think most of it is an act with him half the time.

The podcast is helping them get fans through the door to watch them like 1600 at their cup tie on Friday 1500 for Hearts B, 1200 for Brora Rangers etc so the podcast is helping them on the football side.

I've watched the documentaries and I agree they take it seriously within the confines of their football responsibilities. What I'm saying is that when they get up to the podcast nonsense on the side, some of which I enjoy BTW, I don't think it's a particularly good look for them on the football side.

In those documentaries Si has had a go at his players about wanting to play at the top level. I assume he'll have similar amibitions to manage at a higher level but what chairman or professional outfit is going to take a manager who gets up the nonsense those two do on the side?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and TBH I don't exactly see them managing at a higher level anyway.

I've watched the documentaries and I agree they take it seriously within the confines of their football responsibilities. What I'm saying is that when they get up to the podcast nonsense on the side, some of which I enjoy BTW, I don't think it's a particularly good look for them on the football side.

In those documentaries Si has had a go at his players about wanting to play at the top level. I assume he'll have similar amibitions to manage at a higher level but what chairman or professional outfit is going to take a manager who gets up the nonsense those two do on the side?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and TBH I don't exactly see them managing at a higher level anyway.
Their best chance of managing at a higher level is continuing to grow their current club.

No doubt they get better exposure than any other team in that league who can gain promotion.

That should get them more money, better players, and if they continue to progress they could find themselves in League 2 quite soon.

Nobody in their right mind would take them on to manage a professional football team.

Their best chance of managing at a higher level is continuing to grow their current club.

No doubt they get better exposure than any other team in that league who can gain promotion.

That should get them more money, better players, and if they continue to progress they could find themselves in League 2 quite soon.

Nobody in their right mind would take them on to manage a professional football team.

Would agree with that mate.

Yeah agree with that about the nonsense at the side but think chairman of a league side would look at the money they would make from it all which would probably outweigh the nonsense. It will be a long time before they're managing a league side that's for sure probably better off staying where they are if they want to get to that level.

Obviously want us to beat broomhill , but don’t get the posts hating them aye they are both ex Celtic but the podcasts are pretty watchable and have Kevin Kyle and Andy Halliday on which completely balances out any Celtic mindedness , fair play if they are going to put time and money into a lower division club in Scotland as the standard is needing dragged up massively across the board
Their exclusive access to lennoxtown tells its own story.

Ta*gs.

Imagine thinking a former Rangers player prefers us to them and getting it wrong. What an embarrassment.

Only takes listening to him for 5 seconds to work it out.

Right up there with the biggest throbbers to have ever played for us.

Those roasters at broomhill like to portray themselves as some sort of big side that everyone is out to beat. They are sitting mid table in the lowland league and are being scudded quite often off youth and university teams. I don't really think most sides in that league give a furk about them or see them as anything more than a circus act.

The FF Open Goal fan boys will be a troubled bunch tonight.

Open Goal, made by tims, for tims.

Only seems to be the Rangers Da's who get raging about a podcast that they claim they never listen to.

The entire existence of OG Broomhill is a publicity stunt. You could get behind it if they were trying to do something genuinely unique with youngsters/local players etc, but signing the likes of Slane and Broadfoot is a bit of a nonsense.

All so they can get some "what was that like eh?" stories in future editions of their by tims for tims podcast.

Wrong.

Signing Broadfoot actually shows their ambition since he was still playing in the Scottish Championship last season.

In fairness Si Ferry said before that they'd struggle to compete with Rangers & Celtic in the league, largely down to the fact that they're all full time footballers. Makes a huge difference in terms of fitness/sharpness.

Back