Bacuna

Bacuna shows little more than Bongani Zungu showed.
Jury is still out on him, but I'm not sure he can be a starter in games.
I hope I'm wrong.

Honestly not impressed with him so far but he has not played much and many players take time to get up to speed playing for us.
Anyway he came on left side then was shuffled over to right side to accomodate a defensive holding on tactic (which he is NOT suited for) by the manager. Ridiculous.
So... blame lies with the manager. Very bad day at the office!!
Manager for me takes the blame , more than anyone on the park.

Like Zungu last season , Bacuna was a lazy last minute signing.
Known to Ross Wilson from his time at Huddersfield.
Not very imaginative really.

As usual people make decisions on a player way too early. There is potential there ,he looks like he can see a pass, shoot at moment appears to lack physicality and could improve his defensive side. Let's wait 6 months and see what happens. One of the best ever Rangers players ,who I had the privilege of speaking to yesterday, Alex McDonald took a good 6 months to settle. There are quite a few others in that category.

Bacuna is gash, completely ineffective in any game I've seen him. For dead wood like Wright to be selected in front of him tells us all we need to know.
Wright was selected because he is in a better place than Bacuna. Bacuna needs time and can't just be thrown on from the start.
We can judge him better when he is up to speed.

If our strikers could finish then Bacuna would be getting praised all through the forum.
Exactly.
Yet another player who is being damned because of the failings of his teamates.

Although it's fair to say that "the jury is still out on him", he clearly has an eye for a pass, had good pace and close control, and at least had a shot on target.

As said, if our strikers could have finished the chances he made for them, he'd have been praised to the heavens on here.
Our problems lie not with Bacuna, but elsewhere.

Wright was selected because he is in a better place than Bacuna. Bacuna needs time and can't just be thrown on from the start.
We can judge him better when he is up to speed.
Bacuna was thrown on right from the start against Sparta , another strange decision from the manager?

Exactly.
Yet another player who is being damned because of the failings of his teamates.

Although it's fair to say that "the jury is still out on him", he clearly has an eye for a pass, had good pace and close control, and at least had a shot on target.

As said, if our strikers could have finished the chances he made for them, he'd have been praised to the heavens on here.
Our problems lie not with Bacuna, but elsewhere.
It seemed he played better when he came in from the right, and his passes penetrated the opposition defence more.

Look, you’ve using a failing of the team to blast a player.
Ridiculous.
Surely it was not his fault the chances weren’t converted.
He done his bit.
By the way, it was 6-1 against Hibs and the being dispossessed criticism could be levied at Ryan Kent and Davie Cooper before him.
Such a stupid thing to post.
It won’t be you that he needs to prove anything to.
If you need to call people stupid for expressing an opinion you've already lost the argument.

No it won't, it will be the Rangers support, of which I am one, that he needs to prove himself to.
If you are happy with mediocre then that's an indication of your standards not mine.
If we continue in this form and and the dhims or Hearts leapfrog us, and they will, performances like his will be under even greater scrutiny.

Your additional comment is pretty pointless, neither Davie Cooper or Ryan Kent were playing yesterday.

Bacuna has not yet shown himself to be a good footballer, that is undeniable. A few people getting overly excited about a couple of chances created, we could get that from a B team player.

Thought he looked a bit lightweight yesterday but as SG said re John Lunsdram, he knew when he took him to the club what kind of player he was buying and he is now showing it, so given time hopefully Bacuna will show us exactly the same.

If you need to call people stupid for expressing an opinion you've already lost the argument.

No it won't, it will be the Rangers support, of which I am one, that he needs to prove himself to.
If you are happy with mediocre then that's an indication of your standards not mine.
If we continue in this form and and the dhims or Hearts leapfrog us, and they will, performances like his will be under even greater scrutiny.

Your additional comment is pretty pointless, neither Davie Cooper or Ryan Kent were playing yesterday.

Bacuna has not yet shown himself to be a good footballer, that is undeniable. A few people getting overly excited about a couple of chances created, we could get that from a B team player.
I have seem enough from Bacuna to know that he does have ability.

Think you are being overly harsh on him he has 1) Hardly played and 2) Not played in his preferred position (which I think is a deep lying playmaker).

Give him a chance.

I have seem enough from Bacuna to know that he does have ability.

Think you are being overly harsh on him he has 1) Hardly played and 2) Not played in his preferred position (which I think is a deep lying playmaker).

Give him a chance.
Understood mate, I can happily have a pop at him on FF, I'm not one for shouting at the guy on the park.

Another concern is this, we have Ryan Jack and Kent out, Davis has been on international duty and his legs have gone, Aribo and Kamara also on international duty and still SG doesn't seem confident to give the guy a start.

Bacuna won't know or care that I don't rate him but he should know that our expectations are higher and we want him to be successful.

He does have a pass for sure but for me lacks the work rate others such as Aribo or Wright put in out of possession. Even when things are not going for them those two work for the team, actually that can be said for all our more established players. Maybe the lad just needs more time to understand what it means to play for Rangers.

Bacuna is gash, completely ineffective in any game I've seen him. For dead wood like Wright to be selected in front of him tells us all we need to know.
You really seem to understand football or our situation. Bacuna is exactly the kind of player we should be looking for. Has proven ability and lost his way so can be obtained at a price we can afford.

We build him up then sell him on. Aribo took best part of two seasons to come good. Bacuna showed his passing ability needs to add better defensive team work. Will happen. Needs time on the pitch. Perhaps not yesterday.

What cost us Yesterday was the poor substitutions and Hearts changed formation and we didn’t cope with that. Two points lost from the bench.

Wright has been less than a year at Ibrox. Needs time. I would love us to buy players a step up from Wright. Simple fact is we can’t afford either the fees or the wages.

We had so many threads slagging off Lundstram now he is the new superstar. Think some people would learn. Seemingly not.

Firstly, I never called you stupid.
I posted that your point was stupid.
Still is, in my opinion.
You’re absolutely wrong regarding who he has to prove himself to.
The correct answer is the manager and his team.
Supporters, of which I am one, don’t get to pick the team.
If the supporters did pick the team, yesterday’s man of the match wouldn’t have been playing, going by the fans reaction to him early on which were along the lines of your view of Bacuna.
Your final point is just not worthy of a reply.
However, would that be one of the B team players who were beaten by Ayr United or one of those who were beaten by Civil Service Strollers or Cumbernauld Colts?

Firstly, I never called you stupid.
I posted that your point was stupid.
Still is, in my opinion.
You’re absolutely wrong regarding who he has to prove himself to.
The correct answer is the manager and his team.
Supporters, of which I am one, don’t get to pick the team.
If the supporters did pick the team, yesterday’s man of the match wouldn’t have been playing, going by the fans reaction to him early on which were along the lines of your view of Bacuna.
Your final point is just not worthy of a reply.
However, would that be one of the B team players who were beaten by Ayr United or one of those who were beaten by Civil Service Strollers or Cumbernauld Colts?
Quite astonishing that you don't think a player has to prove himself to thousands of paying supporters. By that rationale we pay our season tickets and return to empty Stadiums.

You say he needs to prove himself only to the manager, coaches and players. We've had Ryan Kent and Ryan Jack out injured, Davis has been on international duty and his legs are knackered, Aribo and Kamara playing for their country, Arfield nowhere to be seen.....and yet Bacuna still can't get a game in front of a powder puff Scott Wright, why is that. You don't seem to be able to say who he is actually impressing...except yourself and a slack handful of others who are delighted with a couple of passes in his last few appearances.

Needs to get a run of starts along with Sakala IMO, Aribo needs removed from the lineup, f.uck even Kamara has been poor this season.

Jim Baxter looked lazy.
Davy Cooper looked lazy.
Paul Gascoigne looked lazy.

Looking lazy does not mean they are not producing a high output. It means they make their job look easy.
Look at the abuse Albertz used to get for being 'Lazy'.

If he played these days, he'd be the best player the league had seen in twenty years.

I would love to know what his position is and what he’s supposed to bring he looks laboured and as pointed out earlier his body language is not great

Quite astonishing that you don't think a player has to prove himself to thousands of paying supporters. By that rationale we pay our season tickets and return to empty Stadiums.

You say he needs to prove himself only to the manager, coaches and players. We've had Ryan Kent and Ryan Jack out injured, Davis has been on international duty and his legs are knackered, Aribo and Kamara playing for their country, Arfield nowhere to be seen.....and yet Bacuna still can't get a game in front of a powder puff Scott Wright, why is that. You don't seem to be able to say who he is actually impressing...except yourself and a slack handful of others who are delighted with a couple of passes in his last few appearances.
You keep jumping in making assumptions.
I’ve never said I’m impressed by him.
Where I’ve taken issue with yourself on this one point is that it didn’t matter that Bacuna set up good chances, but that they weren’t denies him any credit.
As for the nonsense that a B team player could do that …

I think some people are either blind or warped. He as fine, given his lack of game time I’d say he actually looks quite capable.
Another player Rangers have signed on a free who hadn’t played for a while it would be nice if Rangers could sign a player for £40-50m who could come in straight away and make an instant impact but they can’t

I thought he looked good in the final third. Its his work rate when out of possession (especially when he is the one that gave it away) that is the problem. I still think there is a good player in there he just needs to learn what is required at a big club.

I saw another thread about Wright ... and didn`t open it. Next thing will be people wanting Kent to return super-ASAP.

We created 25+ chances yesterday, and probably not much fewer in games before. The main problem is that we don`t play lethal strikers where we should do it, but hope that "wingers" or "attacking midfielders" whip in with goals regularly from the wing-position in the 4-3-3.

We have Roofe, Morelos and Sakala, all three can play any position in a front 3 and all three are willing to shoot and have scored regularly. Yesterday saw us bringing on Bacuna (untried at goalscoring) for Wright (who is probably still a better impact player), then withdrew our most dangerous AM in Hagi for a striker (Roofe). While Morelos was firing blanks like there is no tomorrow, and truth be told, the way he moved and looked was bordering on "uninterested".

No character assassination, just how I felt.

As long as we persist with the one-striker stuff against packed defences or determined teams, and hoping that Hagi, Aribo and Co. conjure something up, we are bound to have these narrow scorelines, which allow teams to go gung-ho in the last 10 mins and with our current defensive lapses ...

The Scum have fallen away somewhat, but may get their act together sooner or later. Hibs, Hearts and even the Arabs have recruited and played well. We better do what all Rangers teams have done and move up a gear or two as well. If that means Roofe, Morelos and Sakala up top, Balogun, Goldson and Bassey as a 3-man defence and Patterson as the new right wingback, so be it. But Plan A is not working for much longer.

Back