Balogun fit for Dortmund game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bassey was solid enough the first game, and I’m not overly keen on breaking up what has been our defensive partnership for the past three months in a game of this magnitude.

I also thought Borna was fairly solid against Dortmund, but I wouldn’t be against playing Bassey over him and having Balogun in the centre of defence.
I would.

Going to need his pace.
Bassey is faster than him.

I would, he is simply a better centre half than Bassey, who has done well, but is still a left back pls out of position
I’m happy or either or, I’m just not sure it’s a great time to break Goldson & Bassey up who dealt with Dortmund fairly well last week.

I don’t think Borna necessarily deserves not to play either, thought he was pretty good against Dortmund.

I do expect Balogun to play though.

Good news. Would probably start him too with Bassey at LB

Think our best performance under Gio at Ibrox was with Goldson and Balogun CB

Need to keep Helander and Balgoun fit for the run in now

I would start him.

1. I do not trust Barisic at left back right now so we can put Bassey there.
2. He's a natural centre half. Yes, Bassey was fantastic in Dortmund, but he's still a bit off positionally.

Won't be going off my nut if Gio decides otherwise though....the game shouldn't be decided on this decision alone.

I'm not sure.
His handling of pace as seen in that Hampden game with Hibs puts the fear of God into me. Add to that his general fitness and I'm not sure I'm chancing him.
I'd be more inclined to stick with Bassey...I think.

An international class central defender, who has excellent recovery pace, makes us stronger in the air, plus we get Bassey's athleticism in at left back.

It's a good option mate.
We need to settle in a back four and stick to it

Also we need to drop McGregor he’s done

Had a bit of fear for the game in Dortmund when Balogun was ruled out but Bassey and Borna played well as did every player but I think Balogun at centre half and Bassey left back is our strongest option for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back