Bar 72

Square and compass

I gave up my season ticket a couple of years ago due to a family illness.
Now on waiting list.
I might be forced into bar 72 although prices just ovet a k.
Can any bears advise plus and minus points that have one.
The price is a minus.

There are B72 STs available? No minus points for me, price is okay considering every single game is included.

10 years ago it was the best value for money season ticket by a mile.

There are no bar72 left, when i had a look at the tickets yesterday they where all gone, i would like to get one myself, maybe next season

Yep, i had put in to transfer up there me from GF4 and mate from CD3 but no luck, looks like they are all sold. We weren't even too bothered about seats together, so not even two individual seats.

So at least we are on the list.... (I guess)

Doubt there is any downside every game included is it a pint and pie at HT? 07/08 would have been a great season to sit there

For somebody able to attend all home games these are the best value Seat's in Ibrox Imo.

I think one of the big upsides would be a pint after the game whilst the crowds disperse.
I’d quite fancy a move over but they very rarely come up and with me, being on a supporters bus probably wouldn’t get the advantage of the pint after game

The downside is my missus gets even more pissed off with me than usual when I come up the road half cut from the game, and start snoring on the couch by 7pm :)

Doubt there is any downside every game included is it a pint and pie at HT? 07/08 would have been a great season to sit there

No pie and pint included :(:D

Think it worked out the cheapest ST in the ground in 07/08. All home games included, so a good cup run ir two makes it better value. Also saves the hassle of money coming off your account at random times for additional games. ST is automatically activated.

Nice to be able to watch the early ko's (although TV's aren't exactly new, for those who only watch in 4k :p), and nice to have a pint and watch the scores while the subway queues go down.

Also good to get a heat at ht in the winter months!

Food available to buy pre-match, normally stuff like curry, chinese, lasagne etc. and you can pre-order a pie and pint for ht.

No pie and pint included :(:D

Think it worked out the cheapest ST in the ground in 07/08. All home games included, so a good cup run ir two makes it better value. Also saves the hassle of money coming off your account at random times for additional games. ST is automatically activated.

Nice to be able to watch the early ko's (although TV's aren't exactly new, for those who only watch in 4k :p), and nice to have a pint and watch the scores while the subway queues go down.

Also good to get a heat at ht in the winter months!

Food available to buy pre-match, normally stuff like curry, chinese, lasagne etc. and you can pre-order a pie and pint for ht.
And I’m stuck with a pie that crumbles when you pick it up for a bite haha

one negative. You have to buy everyone in B72 west a beer for the first 3 games of the season for the first 2 seasons. Otherwise its excellent.

The guy next to me was giving his up this year to move to another stand. Mr New Guy better not be a moan bag and better not tut at the odd slip of the tongue when the mentally challengeds come visiting the wee section.

Every game activated on your card for europe, league cup, scottish cup and friendlies. All first team home games with no additional fees.
Bar and food service 2.5 hours before and 2 hours after match.
Excellent front three rows of Sandy Jardine Rear with slight padding on seat.
1/2 time coffee and pie is actually cheaper than the concourse.
Btl beer available half time if that's your thing.
Screens for pre-match and after match football games and results while the rest of Ibrox comes to a standstill.

I think I like it.....once you get over the payment.

I love sitting there

No downsides IMO-I have heard “guests” say they can’t believe you still need to front up for food and drink. I can’t believe they think you get a free bar and feed for 40 notes a game :D

You could maybe argue that the non long-term staff aren’t the greatest and I get frustrated at the amount of money we must lose at a celtic game due to what must surely be an easy fix of more bar staff. But I’m not sure if Rangers can address that personally or whether it’s outsourced in a similar manner to the azure catering situation.

What would the thoughts be on a couple of pop up bars for busier games ?

Like a small temp bar just doing bottled beer or a certain brand (gin perhaps ?)

I gave up my two tickets a few years ago as my work takes me abroad more than I would like and I was missing so many games it was no longer worthwhile. It is a lovely way to watch our games - a leisurely wander up the stairs to a good bar with great atmosphere and then straight through to the best padded seats in the house and a halftime beer and pie. No queues for the toilets and another beer to allow most of the traffic to die down and a stress-free experience. I would highly recommend and hope you grab yourself a ticket. If I was home more often I would bite your hand off for my old two seats back - or any seat in the Bar72 area.

I have 2 seats in Bar 72 and there are no real down sides for me . As for being all sold out I got an e mail last week offering a seat swap within the area as I enquired a few years ago . If any one interested I would phone the ticket office to check availability

3 of us in Bar72 west didn’t renew, one sacked it altogether and me and bro in law moved to GR

We were seats 8,9 and 10 directly in line with byline, great view for first half, second half when ball was in Copland 18 yard box it was just guesswork as to what was going on if box was crowded

looking forward to being back in govan rear again

Been in Bar 72 since it started. Was initially on the byline but have moved three times over the years and now right on the centreline. absolutely love it .

This’ll be our third year in Bar72, it’s great!
Ignoring the price tag just being able to go in two hours prior to the game and get a few beers, bit of grub and watch the footy on tv. Then after the game let the crowd die down with another couple of beers and watch a bit of the later game.

Great view from seats, bit of padding on them too. Every game included so no worries about cup games (and hopefully European games)etc

Back