Barcelona Nou Camp Renovation

Not for me. I visited it in 2019. It wasn’t helped by getting the pitch relaid at the time but it was disappointing to me. Looked very tired. The museum on the other hand was great.

Going to visit the Bernabeau and San Siro in July. I’ll be in Barcelona again for a few days too and may go by the Olympic stadium again.
Was at the San Siro for Inter v Udinese a couple of weeks ago and it’s on a different level to the Nou Camp.
Never realised that the big concrete towers in the corners of the stadium are actually the pie hut and toilets.

Same as the San Siro for me. A tip, perhaps but absolutely iconic and one of the best stadiums in the world as a theatre for the game.

I always bang the drum on these threads, but for me the history, uniqueness and history of these magnificent stadiums should be protected and celebrated. Not bulldozed to make another enormo-dome.

Get a bit depressed when people go on about the importance of the 'customer experience' at a modern stadium because it's easy to buy an extortionate hamburger or the shop's nice or whatever. I genuinely do not understand why normal supporters give a shit about any of this stuff.
I agree. Both iconic in their own right but the San Siro is crumbling and badly needs repairing. Went on the tour and the guide mentioned that every time there is a concert or a sold out match, they have to close part of the top tier to stop the stand from crumbling under the pressure. Sadly, a new stadium seems to be the more cost effective option for them. Was lucky enough to see England play Italy there in Sept. A bucket list stadium for anyone and if you get the chance to go this season, absolutely do it. It's due to be knocked down soon.

RE Barca. They need to get rid of that top tier. It's too high to have a decent view of the game. The roof will add to the atmosphere and keep the sound in. They did similar to Marseilles for Euro 2016 and the roof made the atmosphere much better.

I agree. Both iconic in their own right but the San Siro is crumbling and badly needs repairing. Went on the tour and the guide mentioned that every time there is a concert or a sold out match, they have to close part of the top tier to stop the stand from crumbling under the pressure. Sadly, a new stadium seems to be the more cost effective option for them. Was lucky enough to see England play Italy there in Sept. A bucket list stadium for anyone and if you get the chance to go this season, absolutely do it. It's due to be knocked down soon.

RE Barca. They need to get rid of that top tier. It's too high to have a decent view of the game. The roof will add to the atmosphere and keep the sound in. They did similar to Marseilles for Euro 2016 and the roof made the atmosphere much better.

The loudest I've ever heard a stadium tbf, the Barca vs Liverpool CL semi final.

Back