Barisic - An Inexplicable Footballer

I was raging at the cross that Tillman ended up scoring. Floated, way too high, should have been the keeper's all day long. Somehow we ended up scoring the goal that won the tie.
I felt the same way. But then I remembered something from many moons ago. I think it was a game against Rapid Vienna (maybe even the one where the thug broke his leg), but Jim Baxter sent a ball into the box that was skied so high that it almost went above the floodlights. The keeper missed it, and we scored. And afterwards, Baxter was asked about that "cross", and he said that he'd been watching the keeper against crosses, and he hit it high because "Ah kent he would drap it".

His backward passing was atrocious the first half. Contantly moving forward and turning back when chasing the game

Where else was he supposed to play it? Kent was doubled up, they had 11 men packed behind the ball. Everyone was doing it, but aye just single out Barisic just for the sake of it.

And post about something he did mid way through the 2nd half when he was playing well.

Where else was he supposed to play it? Kent was doubled up, they had 11 men packed behind the ball. Everyone was doing it, but aye just single out Barisic just for the sake of it.

And post about something he did mid way through the 2nd half when he was playing well.

Iv always been a fan of Borna. Doesnt mean its not frustrating to see him turn back over and over again and passing the buck to someone else. Yeah there was limited options available not denying that. I was only referring to his first half performance.

Think he really suffers from confidence issues
That's precisely his problem!
He started the first 10 mins reasonably well but then decided to go back into his shell for the remainder of the 1st half and always opted for the safe option.
He was getting pelters every time he passed the ball back to Goldson rather than be adventurous and try and play Kent in or fire in a cross.
I mentioned to Cutlass Jnr that groans from the crowd certainly won't help him improve his performances, he's actually a really good footballer but as you say, he's got confidence issues and getting on his back doesn't help!

Iv always been a fan of Borna. Doesnt mean its not frustrating to see him turn back over and over again and passing the buck to someone else. Yeah there was limited options available not denying that. I was only referring to his first half performance.

His first half performance was fine. He kept recycling the play when there were no options in front of him, he kept the ball, unlike other who were sloppy with the ball. He was involved in winning the penalty. He was involved in the winner and was solid defensively.

“He turned to the Govan at one point to Gee up the crowd and I thought, you are the feckin reason the crowd is going mental most of the time with your passing backwards.”

That above was your post about him tonight. Anyone going mental about him tonight is clueless. He did well

His first half performance was fine. He kept recycling the play when there were no options in front of him, he kept the ball, unlike other who were sloppy with the ball. He was involved in winning the penalty. He was involved in the winner and was solid defensively.

“He turned to the Govan at one point to Gee up the crowd and I thought, you are the feckin reason the crowd is going mental most of the time with your passing backwards.”

That above was your post about him tonight. Anyone going mental about him tonight is clueless. He did well

Aye sound mate.

So everyone around me that was getting frustrated in the first half with him is wrong and thats that?

Doubt you’d know what happens at Ibrox. You sit in here rather than at the games.

He was absolutely fine tonight.
He really hates Borna. I just agree to disagree with him on him.

Is he inconsistent? Aye
Is the cristicim way over the top? Majority of the time? Aye. Seems to be like when someone starts to annoy you everything they do pisses you off and some are like that with him.

I'll be honest, I was shouted "ffs Borna, a high ball into the box with that big streak of pish in goals".

Half a second later and the balls in the net. Luckily there was too much carnage for anyone to pick me up on it :oops: :))

Kent spent all night glued to the touchline as soon as he got a pass he was 1v3. Barasic could've made more forward passes but I reckon we mightve lost more possession due to the Usg shithousery. I love him and hate him but love him more.

He really hates Borna. I just agree to disagree with him on him.

Is he inconsistent? Aye
Is the cristicim way over the top? Majority of the time? Aye. Seems to be like when someone starts to annoy you everything they do pisses you off and some are like that with him.

Seems that way. Not sure why as watching on tele is completely different to watching in person.

Barisic really is inconsistent and he does my nut in with some of his defending but tonight he was absolutely fine. There was no space in front of him in the 1st half. They had packed their team in front of us and was very little space. He always kept recycling the play and kept the ball. Involved in 2 out of 3 goals and was very rarely sloppy with the ball all night compared to the other 3 defenders whose passing was very sloppy.

I find odd and can’t understand why people make up shite just because they have a strange obsession with a player.

Kent being double up on wouldn't happen as often if Borna attacked more dragged a player away from him
That makes no sense, go back at watch the first half. Kent stood on the touchline every time Barisic came forward with the ball, no movement whatsoever in front of him, if Kent is being doubled up on he needs to move around to try and leave space for others.

When Borna has the ball it’s Kent (or others) job to actually move. Noticeable difference in the second half when Kent came off the touchline and BB could get into the final third.

An absolute enigma...goes from rank rotten to finesse masterclass in 45 minutes. Bizarro. Gio has to see something in him tho

Seems that way. Not sure why as watching on tele is completely different to watching in person.

Barisic really is inconsistent and he does my nut in with some of his defending but tonight he was absolutely fine. There was no space in front of him in the 1st half. They had packed their team in front of us and was very little space. He always kept recycling the play and kept the ball. Involved in 2 out of 3 goals and was very rarely sloppy with the ball all night compared to the other 3 defenders whose passing was very sloppy.

I find odd and can’t understand why people make up shite just because they have a strange obsession with a player.

How many overlapping runs did he make?

How many times did he get to the byline?

How many times did he run with the ball to commit players and create space?

The answer to all three is zero.

You actually have people on here feeling sorry for a guy because he's low on confidence. As I said earlier, he's not a wee guy who needs his hand held through games...if he does, he's not good enough to be a Rangers player.

That makes no sense, go back at watch the first half. Kent stood on the touchline every time Barisic came forward with the ball, no movement whatsoever in front of him, if Kent is being doubled up on he needs to move around to try and leave space for others.

When Borna has the ball it’s Kent (or others) job to actually move. Noticeable difference in the second half when Kent came off the touchline and BB could get into the final third.

Our midfield and forwards were very static in the 1st half. Only Lawrence and an odd time Arfield made runs to move their team about to create space.

Don’t know what some people wanted Borna to do in these instances. He kept the ball and we tried to move the ball across the pitch to move them.

Kent being double up on wouldn't happen as often if Borna attacked more dragged a player away from him
& what if he was told not to get too far up the park so Sands wouldn't be left exposed? Shouldn't Lawrence be helping pull the markers away? Shouldn't Kent be making runs to try & lose his markers?

It's hilarious folk thinking Borna should be making mazy runs up the park & putting on dazzling displays while everyone else is standing holding their dicks.

You actually have people on here feeling sorry for a guy because he's low on confidence. As I said earlier, he's not a wee guy who needs his hand held through games...if he does, he's not good enough to be a Rangers player.
I don't think you even watched the game.

Fucking hell :oops:

Posts of a guy who watched the match on tv rather than at the game. You’d see there was absolutely no space behind to make runs, every time Kent had the ball they had 2 or 3 men on him. Where the fuck is Borna supposed to go? I dont think Tav did it once either in the first half. Do you have a go at him for that? Tav gave the ball away a LOT more than Borna tonight.

He was low in confidence but he did absolutely nothing wrong tonight. Was involved in 2 out of 3 goals.

As usual you’re posting absolute nonsense after watching a game on a tv at home. Being at a football game is totally different.

Posts of a guy who watched the match on tv rather than at the game. You’d see there was absolutely no space behind to make runs, every time Kent had the ball they had 2 or 3 men on him. Where the fuck is Borna supposed to go? I dont think Tav did it once either in the first half. Do you have a go at him for that? Tav gave the ball away a LOT more than Borna tonight.

He was low in confidence but he did absolutely nothing wrong tonight. Was involved in 2 out of 3 goals.

As usual you’re posting absolute nonsense after watching a game on a tv at home. Being at a football game is totally different.

Oh look at Mr Ibrox there. Well done you were at the game tonight.

You're also completely missing the point when it comes to Barisic. Obviously a forward pass isn't always on, but the point is that even when Barisic receives the ball and has space to drive into, his first thought is to stop and play the safe pass. Not just tonight, but almost every game he plays for us.

Malmo last year was the same, as was Celtic 3-0 at Parkhead and the worst of all was the Europa League Final where he looked genuinely scared of the ball.

Just back from the game and reading through the match thread.

As per, some amount of absolutely clueless people.

Of that entire defence he was the only player that never lost possession frequently.

Yes a lot of it was sideways and backwards but his ball retention was top notch.

You watch Gio on the touchline, not once did he show frustration at Borna moving it inside or behind.
It was just the "get it up the fucking park" halfwits that lost the plot.

Just back from the game and reading through the match thread.

As per, some amount of absolutely clueless people.

Of that entire defence he was the only player that never lost possession frequently.

Yes a lot of it was sideways and backwards but his ball retention was top notch.

You watch Gio on the touchline, not once did he show frustration at Borna moving it inside or behind.
It was just the "get it up the fucking park" halfwits that lost the plot.

And his teammates.

Anyone can play safe passes all night. Goldson can be frustrating, but a lot of the time he's trying to open up defences, same with Tav.

Oh look at Mr Ibrox there. Well done you were at the game tonight.

You're also completely missing the point when it comes to Barisic. Obviously a forward pass isn't always on, but the point is that even when Barisic receives the ball and has space to drive into, his first thought is to stop and play the safe pass. Not just tonight, but almost every game he plays for us.

Malmo last year was the same, as was Celtic 3-0 at Parkhead and the worst of all was the Europa League Final where he looked genuinely scared of the ball.

I’m not missing any point. You’re just talking absolute nonsense for the sake of it, just because you dont like Barisic. That is odd behaviour for a supposed Rangers fan.

I’m judging him on his performance tonight. Not what happened a year ago, 8 months ago, 3 months ago, last week or even Saturday past.

Why drag up what happened in the past? What has that got to do with tonight? He was involved in 2 goals. Was decent defensively. Wasn’t sloppy in possession like the other defenders and then you post some shite about never wanting to see him again.

Strange strange behaviour for a so called Rangers fan.

I thought Borna had a decent game, he is maybe now getting over analysed by the fans.

He is a good player and just needs to believe in himself a wee bit more.

You don’t get a couple of dozen caps for Croatia, play every week in the best defence in SPL history (55 season) and play your part in our European runs over the past four years including last year’s final if you are hopeless.

And his teammates.

Anyone can play safe passes all night. Goldson can be frustrating, but a lot of the time he's trying to open up defences, same with Tav.

Goldson played 1 or 2 diagonal passes, Ive no issues with them. He lost the ball and was very sloppy in 5-10 yard passes a few times tonight, the same with Tav. Borna didnt. Borna also was involved in 2 out of the 3 goals.

& what if he was told not to get too far up the park so Sands wouldn't be left exposed? Shouldn't Lawrence be helping pull the markers away? Shouldn't Kent be making runs to try & lose his markers?

It's hilarious folk thinking Borna should be making mazy runs up the park & putting on dazzling displays while everyone else is standing holding their dicks.
He doesn't need to do mazy runs, he should be capable of passing forwards, maybe skipping by a player, playing a one-two inwards to space to take a player with him.

It isn't just down to him, Lawrence and Kent need to move a lot as well. But let's not kid ourselves that Barisic was instructed to shite it anytime he got into their half and hand it right back to our centre back rather than trying a pass through their lines.

He broke down most of our attacking play in that final. One decent half hour tonight doesn’t make him a starting 11 Ranger for me. Our standards have to be higher than him.
Maybe gio told him to play like that first half

He was known for it last season with tav as well

Saw the Borna thread, entered and expected to read lots of praise for a solid performance tonight, after a shaky one last week.

Now I'm wondering if I was watching the same game as some posters. On a night that we overturn a 2-0 deficit against a decent Belgian team, people want to attack Barisic?

This can be a depressing place at times. He played well, put in some great crosses and supported Kent. Some posters need to take a night off!

How many times did he give the ball away?

Only defender tonight not to practically pass the ball to one of their forwards.

Wasn’t great the first half but you’ve got to at least acknowledge that he done stuff well

Back