Bayer Leverkusen ace Lukas Hradecky ‘jealous’ of Ibrox atmosphere

BlueMeanie

BAYER LEVERKUSEN keeper Lukas Hradecky admitted he was jealous of the Ibrox atmosphere after their Europa League success.

The Germans cruised to an impressive win at Ibrox in the first leg and took a giant step towards the quarter finals.

But the Finnish international admitted he would like to play in front of the Ibrox crowd every week, as German football prepares to enter a period of closed doors games.

He said: "The atmosphere was fantastic and to be honest I'm a bit jealous.

"That's going to be our last game for quite some time in front of fans, but what a game it was.

"We play Werder Bremen on Monday and then Rangers at home - if it takes place - and with both games in front of empty stadiums, what a contrast that will be."

But German international defender Jonathan Tah has warned his team mates against complacency if the second leg goes ahead.

He said: "Sure, that's a good result, but it's not over yet.

"There is still a second leg. We may have one foot in the quarter-finals, but that's not good enough.

"We can't afford to assume the competition will be scrapped. We have to remain focused.

"We will probably have to play games for a period of time behind closed doors. Ghost games have something missing.

"But we have to be professional."

And Bayer Leverkusen's sporting director - former Germany manager and World Cup winner as a player - Rudi Voller - admitted he wasn't looking forward to the forthcoming games.

He pointed out: "Games without any fans are just crap.

"Health comes first, but ghost games are terrible experiences.

"I would prefer not to be playing on Monday."

We now know that next week's return leg between the sides will not go ahead.

Uefa announced today that all Champions League and Europa League matches would be postponed next week ahead of a major meeting on Tuesday, March 17.

Surprised at that because I watch the Bundesliga quite a lot and it looks to me like the best league in the world for atmospheres.
Completely overrated.

You have one stand singing and that’s it.

Ibrox pisses over anything in Germany and I inlude Dortmund and Frankfurt in that.

Legia probably beat us for sheer noise.

thing is, if that was rangers of Sept or Oct of last year I reckon they would have been happy to leave Ibrox with a draw and all still to play for.......what has gone so wrong ?

BAYER LEVERKUSEN keeper Lukas Hradecky admitted he was jealous of the Ibrox atmosphere after their Europa League success.

The Germans cruised to an impressive win at Ibrox in the first leg and took a giant step towards the quarter finals.

But the Finnish international admitted he would like to play in front of the Ibrox crowd every week, as German football prepares to enter a period of closed doors games.

He said: "The atmosphere was fantastic and to be honest I'm a bit jealous.

"That's going to be our last game for quite some time in front of fans, but what a game it was.

"We play Werder Bremen on Monday and then Rangers at home - if it takes place - and with both games in front of empty stadiums, what a contrast that will be."

But German international defender Jonathan Tah has warned his team mates against complacency if the second leg goes ahead.

He said: "Sure, that's a good result, but it's not over yet.

"There is still a second leg. We may have one foot in the quarter-finals, but that's not good enough.

"We can't afford to assume the competition will be scrapped. We have to remain focused.

Didnt even think it was that good, i felt it was very subdued, even before the game where in many Euro games there is always a buzz going about as you approach & enter the ground (carona? i dont know), nice words right enough, they are a top outfit.

I think the guy was more referring to (at the time of the interview) he had play his upcoming games in front no one but we hadn’t declared anything yet.

What's unique about Ibrox compared to Germany is all four stands sing where the singing in Germany mostly comes from the standing sections (both home and away fans)

Back