Bayern Munich players accept 20% pay cut

Every club will. No club is immune. 20% might not be enough if this lasts past the summer, even for giants like Bayern.

Hopefully we are actively addressing this.

There’s no hiding from it, all clubs are going to be in the same situation.

They will still be very well paid but if a club like Bayern can need their players to do this the I would think that most clubs (including us) will be looking for their players to do at least the same.

Most clubs will be doing similar at some point soon I would think. Some of the Bayern players have also donated millions to help fight the virus and to support charities.

In our case due to high season ticket sales we shouldn’t be reliant on the remaining home games and also given where we are in Europe . I assume these teams are reliant on regular gate receipts which suggests low season ticket sales

Edit . Seems they sell out but prices look low

It’s really quite remarkable that Bayern and Barcelona and Livingstone and Hearts can be mentioned in the same sentence.
There is not a single *business* never mind football club that isn’t going to be affected by this

How much do we paid per TV game?
or is it a per season thing regardless of how often we’re on

Our players should have been offering to do this pre Covid 19.
Player wages are the single largest outgoing for any club so is in their interests to help clubs out. Shouldn't be a problem for high earners. If this turns out as bad as some fear, these high earners might suddenly find that no club will pay their ridiculous salaries so better to take a hit now to be able to continue with a full wedge later.

Even if the richer clubs doesn’t NEED the players to do it , it’s a decent gesture to show a bit of solidarity with the majority of working people who are being hit by this one way or another .

I can see season 2020/21 being a write off. Unfortunately, many/most clubs will be in a similar position and having to adopt the same approach.

In our case due to high season ticket sales we shouldn’t be reliant on the remaining home games and also given where we are in Europe . I assume these teams are reliant on regular gate receipts which suggests low season ticket sales

Edit . Seems they sell out but prices look low

TV money is now on pause. TV networks won't be putting anything in until the football is back.

This is what will hurt the elite.

In the case of us and the Filth, it'll be mainly gate money.

The fact we played the Leverkusan game will have being a huge financial boost just before shutting down.
Every penny counts for us all in times like these.

Footballers will not be the only people affected with the virus ramifications on the economy worldwide

The world is going to suffer a huge economic downturn and people need to realise this is not a quick fix and everything will be sorted in 12 weeks. It won’t

I think 20% is the bare minimum and the general public may have to realise the economy may be forced into 3 or 4 day weeks as business cannot afford full wages until the economy is stabilised

Tough times ahead but staying safe and your family safe is the key. Money is not the main consideration

It's a course of action that most if not all clubs will have to implement.
The future of many Clubs has to be in doubt.

At some point, the reality is every club is going to have to take similar or more drastic measures, ourselves included.

I reckon most clubs will end up doing this. And when it's our turn no doubt going to have to listen to all the idiots giving it "oh rangers are skint" blah blah blah

Imagine sponsors and stuff will withold cash aswell so this could really hit some of the biggest clubs. One good thing over inflated wages and transfer fees coul dbecome a thing of the past

I would have thought their wage bill to be higher to be honest.

Messi himself must be close to 100 million a year.

If they are paying him just shy of £2,000,000 a week then they deserve to go bust.

Ridiculous.

I doubt very much he is actually on any where near that, purely on his football salary.

90% of clubs will do this in some form, unless you have massive cash reserves on hand or access to cheap lending which I would imagine banks aren’t falling over themselves to hand out to companies with no cash flow for the foreseeable future then it’s a necessary action.

Hopefully we are actively addressing this.

There’s no hiding from it, all clubs are going to be in the same situation.

As soon as the media get wind of us doing similar they will be engaged in a frenzied wankathon no matter what other clubs have done it

If they are paying him just shy of £2,000,000 a week then they deserve to go bust.

Ridiculous.

I doubt very much he is actually on any where near that, purely on his football salary.
He`s on around 600k a week wages,yearly with sponsorship and other activities he makes around 130 million

Back