Beale’s 1st competitive starting 11?

That would be an unusual circumstance.
The board/ Wilson appoint a new manager with a 3.5 year deal and immediately dictate players to leave immediately undermining MB.
Not happening.
Certain players have IMO crossed the line this season with the previous manager.

Suitable funds should be given to Beale to replace this squad.

I know he’s not going to throw them under the bus but with his comments, I can’t help but think a lot of these players are going to be retained beyond the summer. Which really isn’t good news.

Everyone fit

Any keeper

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Kamara
Lundstram
Tillman

Kent
Colak
Roofe

Reality is that Helander and Roofe seems pointless mentioning given they’re permanently crocked.

It's great that he can pretty much pick exactly the same team that played the last time he was here.
He’s got options,Colak Davies & yilmaz weren’t here last time round,could go with youth and try and get Lowry and McCann in the team,try and get a tune out of Matondo.

That was more the point of the thread will he freshen it up or be loyal to who he knows in the beginning.

McGregor
Tav Helander Goldson Borna
Lundstram Lawrence Hagi Tillman
Kent Morelos

At least four of those are unlikely to be availavble for MB's first competitive game unfortunately.

The big question for me is whether he thinks he can get anything better out of Morelos , Kent and Kamara than they have been offering. Forget any thoughts about "shop window" on them either. MB will get a period of grace at the start but even if it lasts past the OF game a win at St J in the cup plus the league cup semi are essential.

Genuinely surprised at how many people want McGregor to keep the number one position, especially if Beale is going to want to play a positive, faster-paced game building up from the back where distribution speed and accuracy from the GK is going to be a key part of that.

Morelos is done for me. Had far too many chances and I don't see how Beale coming back changes anything. Needs to be moved on by the end of the season to free up his huge wage for new additions.

Feels odd saying this, and something I really dislike about modern footballers, but Beale will also have the option of a 'interested' Kamara.

He, of course, should have always been interested but clearly wasn't so we were basically going with the same 3 of Lundstrum/Arfield/Tillman before the break.

It felt like we were only really adding a fit Jack to the midfield after the world cup but now with Beale he'll also have Kamara to choose from as well and will know exactly what position suits him.

Feels odd saying this, and something I really dislike about modern footballers, but Beale will also have the option of a 'interested' Kamara.

He, of course, should have always been interested but clearly wasn't so we were basically going with the same 3 of Lundstrum/Arfield/Tillman before the break.

It felt like we were only really adding a fit Jack to the midfield after the world cup but now with Beale he'll also have Kamara to choose from as well and will know exactly what position suits him.
Kamara did also have an injury at one point.

Certain players have IMO crossed the line this season with the previous manager.

Suitable funds should be given to Beale to replace this squad.

I know he’s not going to throw them under the bus but with his comments, I can’t help but think a lot of these players are going to be retained beyond the summer. Which really isn’t good news.
With respect it doesn’t matter a feck whether certain players have crossed the line previously.
The point is it’s not happened under his watch.
Therefore scrapping players ain’t gonna happen:
MB quite rightly will evaluate the staff and come to his own conclusions in conjunction with Wilson.
In any event 2 of the players Morelos and Kent are in the driving seat and they can decide their own future as out of contract in the summer.
So conversely if MB decides they are part of his future plans he’ll be trying to entice them to stay not leave.
The financial position will become more clear at the AGM but some informed comment on here for various reasons indicates there is not a huge pot of money available to spend .
I believe part of the statement when MB was unveiled it was outlined there was restricted funds for use in January and and more would need to be funded by players leaving/transfer fees obtained for them.
Don’t see any would attract big lumps of cash.
That’s the reality of the situation and more of the same in the summer.

With respect it doesn’t matter a feck whether certain players have crossed the line previously.
The point is it’s not happened under his watch.
Therefore scrapping players ain’t gonna happen:
MB quite rightly will evaluate the staff and come to his own conclusions in conjunction with Wilson.
In any event 2 of the players Morelos and Kent are in the driving seat and they can decide their own future as out of contract in the summer.
So conversely if MB decides they are part of his future plans he’ll be trying to entice them to stay not leave.
The financial position will become more clear at the AGM but some informed comment on here for various reasons indicates there is not a huge pot of money available to spend .
I believe part of the statement when MB was unveiled it was outlined there was restricted funds for use in January and and more would need to be funded by players leaving/transfer fees obtained for them.
Don’t see any would attract big lumps of cash.
That’s the reality of the situation and more of the same in the summer.
Agree with all of this 100%,will be a clean slate for everyone & rightly so.

At least four of those are unlikely to be availavble for MB's first competitive game unfortunately.

The big question for me is whether he thinks he can get anything better out of Morelos , Kent and Kamara than they have been offering. Forget any thoughts about "shop window" on them either. MB will get a period of grace at the start but even if it lasts past the OF game a win at St J in the cup plus the league cup semi are essential.
The post does ask for an if all fit eleven.

Wont be too many changes until he gets to a transfer window..

High full backs in Tav and Borna
Midfield with Kamara back in
Can see Kent and Matondo or Sakala wide and Morelos up front.

Wont be too many changes until he gets to a transfer window..

High full backs in Tav and Borna
Midfield with Kamara back in
Can see Kent and Matondo or Sakala wide and Morelos up front.
With Barisic being at the world cup he may need more rest it could be a chance for Yilmaz to come in and have a few games assuming he's over his injury.

Either way for me as I like the Barisic Kent combo as well.

Back