Official Ben Davies is here! Its official.

Very astute business this, he will surprise a few with how sharp he is in the tackle and how excellent his range of passing is.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world Ben.
I hope you have a long and very successful career with us.

Delighted with this signing. He will be a classy yet solid addition to the defensive unit.

I genuinely believe now that any soft underbelly we may have had in defence has now gone.

The club are preparing for a long, hard season. Solidifying the squad defensively and bringing in quality players will only help us get to where we want to be. The additions we have added so far are excellent on paper, they’ve gotta prove it on the park under intense pressure and I’m certain they will deliver.

Going to be a tremendous signing. Very good, intelligent, ball playing centre back and he’s left footed - an added bonus.

See similarities to Helander, although more comfortable in possession, quicker, better use of the ball.

I couldn’t give a shit if the Sheffield United fans say he’s not great in the air or physically strong - he’s got attributes such as the ability to read the game, awareness, positional sense, an all round solid defender who’s pretty robust. His reading of the game allows him to beat the more physical defender by making an early move and using his body to get to the ball first (how that doesn’t take a level of strength I’ll never know?).

Similar to Helander in that he just doesn’t go to ground or launch himself recklessly into challenges. Defends his area very well, the ability to cover and make great blocks.

I wanted Ben Davies in January 2020 (pre contract).

Has all the attributes to do very well for us. Could be a special pairing with him and Goldson. Souttar pushing on as well.

Have you seen him play, maybe the Blades fan has..I will judge him in a Rangers shirt.
This is what counts.

when I saw he was a Preston player for seven plus years with seven loans then signed and never played for Liverpool.

that was worrying, I hope he is a great success.

Going to be a tremendous signing. Very good, intelligent, ball playing centre back and he’s left footed - an added bonus.

See similarities to Helander, although more comfortable in possession, quicker, better use of the ball.

I couldn’t give a shit if the Sheffield United fans say he’s not great in the air or physically strong - he’s got attributes such as the ability to read the game, awareness, positional sense, an all round solid defender who’s pretty robust. His reading of the game allows him to beat the more physical defender by making an early move and using his body to get to the ball first (how that doesn’t take a level of strength I’ll never know?).

Similar to Helander in that he just doesn’t go to ground or launch himself recklessly into challenges. Defends his area very well, the ability to cover and make great blocks.

I wanted Ben Davies in January 2020 (pre contract).

Must be a good signing if you're happy. B-)

Delighted with this signing. He will be a classy yet solid addition to the defensive unit.

I genuinely believe now that any soft underbelly we may have had in defence has now gone.

The club are preparing for a long, hard season. Solidifying the squad defensively and bringing in quality players will only help us get to where we want to be. The additions we have added so far are excellent on paper, they’ve gotta prove it on the park under intense pressure and I’m certain they will deliver.

Agreed, one of the first things souness done was get woods and Butcher, Walter Smith on his return got Weir in. Its how we will win over the long season.

Nope, it's not official until some random John Paul phones radio Snyde to inform us of every mistake Ben has made on the football pitch since he was 15 . Then have " inside" knowledge of the full payment package paid to Liverpool. And of course the complete details of Ben's salary.

When's the last time we signed an ugly b@stard.
Or is it just pulling on the royal blue that makes them look brilliant!!!!

"I feel like the contract I've signed here is going to make this a home. I want to look back at this as the best period of my career. I've got a lot to give, I've got many more years to come, I want to really get settled here and show everyone what I can do week in week out."

That's really encouraging to hear, goes beyond the normal platitudes of "happy to be here". He seems determined to become a mainstay and very much in it for the long haul.

One thing we've been very good at over the last few years is giving nomad / journeyman type players (who clearly have ability) a settled environment to call their own, hoping this move really works out well for all parties.

Back