Big Jock turf out....?

Saltcoatsblu

I mind i was living down south when i heard this, to say i was raging was an understatement, to this
day i still hear some bears saying this was the case, thoughts Bears...

ztj794.jpg

Many supporters took the story as gospel and Alistair (the hooded claw) Hood became a hate figure as the main culprit in the matter.

It was another example though of why if it was indeed utter nonsense, then why did the club not take action against the journalists involved ?

The ‘new striker’ was Colin West, and of the initial signings to sort out the spine of the team, he was by far the weakest (tbf, compared to Woods, Butcher and Souness, it was tough).

Interesting references all over the page about the problems the club is experiencing with the press, papers producing fiction about the club.

I remember a great FF cartoon when David Murray asks Hood (who is wearing a Waffen SS uniform): “I hear the fans are revolting?”

Hood replies: “I’ve always thought that.” (Or words to that effect.)

It summed up the mood perfectly at the time.

The ‘new striker’ was Colin West, and of the initial signings to sort out the spine of the team, he was by far the weakest (tbf, compared to Woods, Butcher and Souness, it was tough).

Check the date on the front page.

This was the end of the 87/88 season. We’d lost the title to that mhob on their centenary season.

The new striker turned out to be Kevin Drinkell.

Colin West was signed in 1986. This new striker was either Andy Gray or Mel Sterland.

Edit: could’ve been Drinkell too.

The new striker was Kevin Drinkell.

That Rangers News is from near the end of Souness 2nd season.

So it's Colin West, Andy Gray, Mel Sterland or Kevin Drinkell.

Nice detective work lads :D

:D

Sterland was a right back.
Merland Sterland was definitely a rightback - did alright, scored on his debut and then those 2 goals... and shifted on for profit to Leeds Utd about 4 month later where we won the last old 2nd division title.

Never really came out why he was punted so quickly.

Didn’t he end up robbing a bank about 15 years ago?

Noticed ticket prices for up and coming game with Morton priced at £2.50 maybe SFA could offer Aberdeen these prices to encourage dolly's fans to get semi final numbers up

Aye right, it was a wee steward's fault?
Bring it up to date, Wattie arrives at members lounge and the guy on the door says sorry sir yae cannae get in without a ticket.

I remember a great FF cartoon when David Murray asks Hood (who is wearing a Waffen SS uniform): “I hear the fans are revolting?”

Hood replies: “I’ve always thought that.” (Or words to that effect.)

It summed up the mood perfectly at the time.

Not as good as the one where the hooded claw goes to the doctors with a monster on his head, that was a beauty :D
@mdingwall any chance you could post that on here?

Tickets for Cappielow £2.50 - those were the days!!

Not that day, we lost 3-2!

Got made worse when we found out the vermin scored twice in injury time to beat Hearts 2-1 at Hampden in the cup semi final.

From reading Blue Thunder by Jeff Holmes, this incident really humiliated Wallace and the hurt he felt couldn't be understated. Shameful way for him to be treated.

As a matter of interest, is Jock Wallace in the Scottish football hall of fame?

Not as good as the one where the hooded claw goes to the doctors with a monster on his head, that was a beauty :D
@mdingwall any chance you could post that on here?

Some of the old follow follow cartoons were quality. Used to flick through at half time and laugh at them, before reading the articles on the bus home. Happy days!!

Not that day, we lost 3-2!

Got made worse when we found out the vermin scored twice in injury time to beat Hearts 2-1 at Hampden in the cup semi final.

Ian Ferguson scored a beauty, though. (He was playing as a striker.)

jobsworth c*nts .

Jock Wallace , within reason , should've been able to walk around Ibrox as he pleased .

2 years too late bud

Bottom right of the page reminding fans of the bans on alcohol and “missiles” :eek:

Suggesting that previously missiles were jus fine:)

Back