Birthday request

albax

I'm taking my dad to hospitality for the game tomorrow as a belated treat for his 70th birthday. Postponed from last year due to covid.
I emailed the hospitality team a few weeks ago to ask if there was anything they could do to recognise a 70th birthday but got no reply.
I emailed the SLO on Wednesday the same query and got a reply to say they could do a birthday 'shout out' which I take to mean over the tannoy at HT. Don't really think that a 70 year old man would appreciate that!
Am I wrong to think the club could do a card or something signed from someone at the club for an older bear of that vintage?
Maybe I'm expecting too much

I'm taking my dad to hospitality for the game tomorrow as a belated treat for his 70th birthday. Postponed from last year due to covid.
I emailed the hospitality team a few weeks ago to ask if there was anything they could do to recognise a 70th birthday but got no reply.
I emailed the SLO on Wednesday the same query and got a reply to say they could do a birthday 'shout out' which I take to mean over the tannoy at HT. Don't really think that a 70 year old man would appreciate that!
Am I wrong to think the club could do a card or something signed from someone at the club for an older bear of that vintage?

Your old man should get an E-Mail from the club on his birthday and a card through the post.
Both my son and myself have had this this year.

Go and have a quiet word with the ex player to come over and wish him a happy birthday

Well its no his birthday anymore is it, so what you expecting?

Joking aside, the above reply is the best bet. If you think it will give your old boy a nice surprise then speak to an ex player when you get the chance.

Your old man should get an E-Mail from the club on his birthday and a card through the post.
Both my son and myself have had this this year.
I got an email on my birthday, well 2 actually, a month apart, but haven't had an actual card for years.

Go and have a quiet word with the ex player to come over and wish him a happy birthday
It's the Club Europe one so not sure if they have ex player in attendance.
What spurred me to ask was my mate took his dad for same reason to St Mirren hospitality so he got in touch with them and when he arrived they had a personal signed card from team and a bottle of whiskey waiting for him. Just thought our club may do something similar as these smaller clubs.
We will have a good day but I just thought a small personal touch might have added to the occasion.

Back