Bournemouth fc

Gazza no8

Official Ticketer
11000 capacity

Can they continue to stay in the league? and should they buy a bigger stadium?

Is there demand for it?

Eddie Howe has done a marvellous job and I personally like watching them. Would be a nice area to live so can see why players would like a move there.

There was a chat about it on talksport the other day. Spending huge money on players, but very little on infrastructure. I suppose I can understand their point of view, they could build a new stand, increase capacity by 10k and then go into free fall and find themselves in League One within a couple of seasons like Blackpool.

They may as well milk the situation whilst they can and then re-assess if/when they find themselves back in the Championship.

I'm sure the decision was to invest in the team first to ensure ongoing premiership status, then extend the stadium.

As an aside, Eddie Howe has done an unbelievable job

As said above, Bournemouth will go the way of Blackpool in no time. They'll enjoy their days in the sun but no use having a 30,000 when they'll be playing the likes of Rochdale and Northampton in a few years time.

They had a football financial expert of TS a couple months back saying that the money clubs were receiving from sponsorship and TV, meant they didn't actually need to rely on gate receipts as such.

It was on the back of the debate about the epl playing a league game in the states and how fans would boycott them. The guy was saying it would make little difference. Tbh I've not got the slightest clue how true that is, but I do know a lot if epl clubs are quite reasonable in price for a st but still manage to spend astronomical money so it does make sense.

They should invest IF they have the demand-you wouldn't want another Fulham situation.

They have the second most desirable place to live outside of London and really should make the most of that in the current climate.

They have always said they wanted to invest in team and keep themselves in the league then look at stadium once thats achieved

They had a football financial expert of TS a couple months back saying that the money clubs were receiving from sponsorship and TV, meant they didn't actually need to rely on gate receipts as such.

It was on the back of the debate about the epl playing a league game in the states and how fans would boycott them. The guy was saying it would make little difference. Tbh I've not got the slightest clue how true that is, but I do know a lot if epl clubs are quite reasonable in price for a st but still manage to spend astronomical money so it does make sense.

Exactly what I came in to post. In effect you could have an EPL team that had zero support but good players and plenty tv cash that keeps them on top flight.

They always say since the new tv deal that every EPL team could let all fans in free and still be better off financially than pre deal.

I mind reading an article not long after they were promoted, more or less said if they can establish themselves as an EPL club and not be far from the European places they will be able to attract better players from other clubs as it's a desired place to live. If that ever happens I'd imagine they'd need to invest in the stadium.

Worked down there for a year recently.

Big population in their catchment area and a lovely place to live but it is essentially a new town founded in early 1800's.

By in large found their fans to be loyal and decent football guys. But good transport links to other areas especially London, make going to other teams pretty easy.

They have spent a lot of time planning anew stadium, but it's not likely to be started for a couple of years. Their training ground is next to the current stadium, which is where they want to build a new ground, so they need to build a new training ground elsewhere before they can go ahead.

I believe that's why they held off on extending the temporary stand behind one of the goals that was planned for this summer.

There was a thread on here about the smaller EPL sides and their income .

One club , can't remember who , were to take in £120 million this season . £101 million from tv rights , only £19 million from all other income streams .

These clubs are small fry , who are being propped up by huge tv contracts we can only dream of .

Bournemouth just show how some managers fit a club. Eddie Howe was great with them then went to Burnley and was poor but he came back to Bournemouth and fitted straight back in.

Back