Brandon barker - sun

rangers_champions

BARKING MAD
Rangers target Brandon Barker but face competition from Hibs who want the Man City starlet back at Easter Road

The 21-year-old impressed during his debut season in Scottish football and Gerrard could lure him to Ibrox ahead of next season

EXCLUSIVE

By Colin Duncan
6th June 2018, 10:30 pm
ADD COMMENT

RANGERS are weighing up a move for Manchester City winger Brandon Barker.

The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Hibs, who are desperate to take him back to Easter Road.

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Gers are targeting Barker

They face stiff competition from the Ibrox outfit and a number of English Championship sides.

SunSport understands that Barker features on a long list drawn up by director of football Mark Allen and new boss Steven Gerrard.

Allen flagged up the player, who can operate on either flank, last summer as a potential signing to Pedro Caixinha.

BET £5 WITH SUN BETS AND GET A FREE £10 BET

The winger impressed during a loan spell at Easter Road
However, Caixinha was not interested in bringing the youngster to Glasgow.

The speedy wide man has already had loan stints at Rotherham and Dutch side NAC Breda. Barker has two years left on his current deal although City will not stand in his way if he wants to move on.

MOST READ

Taking the last line at face value it might be a permanent signing rather than a loan.

He’s very quick but has little end product from the games I have seen him play.
Can teach that though. He's 21 and has plenty of pace to burn. Add in we desperately need a winger as we really only have 1 true winger in Candeias and another in Murphy who can play there but is better centrally and i don't think bringing him in would be a bad idea

A cheaper alternative to Jones probably. I’d take him for squad reasons. He isn’t better than Murphy or Candieas but off the bench he could be used effectively.

He was not very good at all for Hibs last year, one good game against seems to sway people’s opinion more than how he actually performed over the season. It’s actually worrying if this is the type of player we’re going for.

I can see Celtic quaking in their boots if this is the qualiy of our loan signings, no better than what we already have.

I'm calling bullshit.

'Hibs beat Rangers to capture the loan signing of Manchester City sensation Brandon Barker'

I can see it now.

This is exactly how it looks. A typical modern media attempt to turn a low key Hibs signing into a pop at Rangers!

BARKING MAD
Rangers target Brandon Barker but face competition from Hibs who want the Man City starlet back at Easter Road

The 21-year-old impressed during his debut season in Scottish football and Gerrard could lure him to Ibrox ahead of next season

EXCLUSIVE

By Colin Duncan
6th June 2018, 10:30 pm
ADD COMMENT

RANGERS are weighing up a move for Manchester City winger Brandon Barker.

The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Hibs, who are desperate to take him back to Easter Road.

Gers are targeting Barker

They face stiff competition from the Ibrox outfit and a number of English Championship sides.

SunSport understands that Barker features on a long list drawn up by director of football Mark Allen and new boss Steven Gerrard.

Allen flagged up the player, who can operate on either flank, last summer as a potential signing to Pedro Caixinha.

BET £5 WITH SUN BETS AND GET A FREE £10 BET

The winger impressed during a loan spell at Easter Road
However, Caixinha was not interested in bringing the youngster to Glasgow.

The speedy wide man has already had loan stints at Rotherham and Dutch side NAC Breda. Barker has two years left on his current deal although City will not stand in his way if he wants to move on.

MOST READ

This just screams typical paper talk to link rangers with a player we have no interest just so they can have the headings like "Hibs pip Rangers for top target".... nae bother

If you could get the Barker that came on against us at Easter Road in the 2-1 game when we went 1-0 down, he would be a good player. He was all over us, his balls into the box were dangerous and I'm sure he rattled the post and bar.

Unfortunately he rarely produced that, lacking an end product too often. Explosive pace and that's about it.

We need quality, players to improve the first team.

It is bullshite. Who do you play for? Gerrard or Lennon! The headline Hibs beat Rangers to Barker will now look stupid.

A cheaper alternative to Jones probably. I’d take him for squad reasons. He isn’t better than Murphy or Candieas but off the bench he could be used effectively.

I would disagree with you I would say he is better than Candieas, he beats guys for fun whereby Candieas struggles to do this!

If this is the type of player we are looking for with pace to burn we should certainly enquiring about Jordan Jones again least he has end product

So between the sun and the record we want Barker, McGeouch and Mcginn from Hibs.

Looks to me like their just bored just now and their imagination stretches no further than Easter Road.

He's decent enough and has pace but he's nothing compared to a Ben Woodburn or Harry Wilson on loan.

I'd even be looking at Jordan Jones ahead of Barker.

Back