Official Brutal statement from Park's of Hamilton about the Cinch deal and court process

Brutal statement from Park's of Hamilton about the Cinch deal and court process

They are taking no prisoners here.

Statement from Parks of Hamilton Ltd

A spokesperson for Parks of Hamilton Ltd said: “We were not surprised to learn from the media announcement last night that the SPFL have finally acknowledged Rangers legitimately engaged rule i7 in June of last year and thus, vindicated the stance held by the club for over a year. It is not for us to speculate as to why the SPFL leadership sought to ignore their own rules for so long.

“The fact that the SPFL prevaricated and continued to stall an arbitration process they themselves initiated in August last year, and which was ruled upon by the court of appeal in October, underlined the weakness of the case they truly had. Were it not for our interim interdict, it is clear their strategy was to try and bully one of their members and shareholders; a strategy which they have employed on numerous occasions.

“Throughout the last year, Park’s have kept their counsel as the SPFL leadership insulted us and misled the SFA, their member clubs, their title sponsor, and various other stakeholders in Scottish football.

“We have a long standing and proud association with Scottish football, and it was entirely wrong that we were compelled to take the SFA to court because the SPFL decided to abuse the SFA’s arbitration process. We believe that the SPFL and members of its leadership have brought the game in to disrepute and have failed, as have the SPFL as an organisation, to act with the utmost good faith towards their members.

“The SFA must carry out an independent investigation into this issue which has cost all parties involved hundreds of thousands of pounds. Despite being awarded expenses in court, Park’s will not recover all their legal fees nor be compensated for the reputational damage caused by the SPFL.

“Finally, the glaring omission from the SPFL’s statement was an apology. The SPFL leadership owe their members an apology, they owe Park's an apology, they owe the SFA an apology and they also owe an apology to Rangers. Unfortunately, they seem to lack any accountability and would rather spend their members money than admit their failures.”

Make no mistake that’s a headshot boom as the youth on here say.

Cap doffed

A good statement from Parks.

Unfortunately, it'll get very little traction in Scotland and will be largely ignored.

The SPFL got their statement out first and across all major outlets, which, in this sort of engagement is all that matters.

Great statement, but how will the “Cinch” referees and linesmen take it ?? If we thought we were robbed last season….
I'm not disputing what you're saying, but we should have won the league last season, like we will this season if we cut out some of the slackness of last year, and put more effort into the games that we thought we just had to show up. Rattler placemen or not.
Feck them they would try and rob us anyway.

Brilliant statement, very comprehensive and straight to the point. Doncaster and Co. have treated Rangers with contempt constantly, giving little or no respect to the club, the Management Team or the Directors. Well, no more, the SPFL's had their 'Humble Pie' well and truly rammed down their throat. Maybe now they'll take a step back with their unhealthy hatred of Rangers and think twice before they start 'nitpicking' about stuff that only exists in their petty, vile, obnoxious little minds.

Good opportunity here for some add-ons next season.

"Fvck the SFA... AND CINCH
Fvck the SFA... AND CINCH
Fvck the SFA, Fvck the SFA, Fvck the SFA... AND CINCH"

Got the feeling this is one of those ones that sounded better in my head than reality :)

Incredible there was no apology in the statement they released, a simple act that would probably have ended the matter. Well, actually, incredible is the wrong adjective with the parties involved, expected is probably a better one. I’m long past blaming them, the blame lies with the folks who allow It to continue.

Murdoch MacLennan is a f*cking rat of the worst kind. Scottish football won’t move forward until him, Doncaster and the support act are purged altogether. Well done Parks and Rangers.
Should get a public campaign to get Barry Hearn back interested. Could only be a good thing and he'd love the challenge of doing what he originally had planned for scottish football, also would lead to a clear out of spfl which is why it was voted down last time.

That is exactly the situation.
The SPFL/SFA could not believe that Park’s were able to step in legally as a party to the arrangements.
They had clearly planned to punish Rangers as a member club behind closed doors during the SFA arbitration process.
The incompetence of themselves and their legal advisers, did not understand that Park’s had to have its say in the proceedings.
That meant that an external party would be able to publicly comment on the kangaroo court which could never be tolerated!!
And that’s the reason why, when the court of appeal made its indicative decision, the Muppets knew the game was up.
I am still convinced that McLennan has had a backhander in this fiasco as he was involved with the guy from cinch in another role previously.
It’s probably because of this that cinch have stayed silent as they are happy to do the deal because it’s so cheap.
Mr Park is portraying SFA as an impartial body knowing they are as rabid as SPFL, that I find interesting. No doubt they’ll be an angle there somewhere.

I still wonder if at some stage Rangers and other clubs who have had enough threatening to create a new league away from SPFL.

Do some background work and see if there's a potential TV deal and commercial partners who would be interested in jumping leaving Doncaster and co behind. Might convince the clubs if there's more money available.
Time to wake up my friend.
We have no allies in this country, only enemies.

SPFL’s response:
A spokesperson for the SPFL said: "We note with interest Park's version of events.

"We are currently bound by the confidentiality of the legal process. Frustratingly, we have had to keep our counsel throughout.

"However, we have written to Rangers and Park's seeking confirmation that this confidentiality no longer applies, following yesterday's announcement of our revised title sponsorship agreement with cinch.

"If they agree to our proposal, we will be able to provide a full and frank narrative to our member clubs.

"We very much look forward to the opportunity to set the record straight."

Bring it on ya wanks!

Parks are in my opinion, a third party that are not obligated to conform to the spfl rules on confidentiality- hence the statement- spfl then draft a statement saying they have written to RANGERS and Parks for confirmation that confidentiality no longer applies- Rangers did not issue any statement and have conformed to the SPFL’s rules on confidentiality.

but the SPFL desperately need Rangers to get involved as party to Parks statement in order for RANGERS to have breached the SPFL confidentiality rules and any subsequent penalties inflicted on Rangers.

Rangers only response should be “we note with interest the communications of Parks and the SPFL “ but at this time cannot comment on whether the original statement from parks breached confidentiality as this is a matter solely between the SPFL and PARKS to resolve as to whether communications between these 2 individual parties breached confidentiality.

on this point Rangers can confirm that no statement was released from Rangers on the outcome of the SPFL’s renegotiated sponsorship deal with Cinch and would like to make it known that the current confidentiality dispute is solely between the SPFL and PARKS to resolve, bearing this in mind Rangers will not communicate further on this subject as we as a football club within the SPFL are restricted by the SPFL’s own confidentiality rules.

I’m Probably talking shite here ^^^^^^ but would love something to happen along these lines
I don't think there is any accusations that Parks have breached confidentiality here though. That's not what the SPFL have said.

I say let the morons have their word. I want this played out in public now, we've got them on strings.

Time to wake up my friend.
We have no allies in this country, only enemies.
There will be clubs that dislike the current SPFL board. It's just getting them to show some backbone and speak out.

Creating an alternative setup with better deals might inspire them to become a lot more vocal.

SPFL’s response:
A spokesperson for the SPFL said: "We note with interest Park's version of events.

"We are currently bound by the confidentiality of the legal process. Frustratingly, we have had to keep our counsel throughout.

"However, we have written to Rangers and Park's seeking confirmation that this confidentiality no longer applies, following yesterday's announcement of our revised title sponsorship agreement with cinch.

"If they agree to our proposal, we will be able to provide a full and frank narrative to our member clubs.

"We very much look forward to the opportunity to set the record straight."

Bring it on ya wanks!
Rangers do not need to respond is how I'm reading it. The cabal want to turn this in to Rangers v SPFL however looks like it's now between Parks and the cabal which will have Doncaster and McLennan sh!££!ng themselves!

Mr Park is portraying SFA as an impartial body knowing they are as rabid as SPFL, that I find interesting. No doubt they’ll be an angle there somewhere.
I'm interpreting it as Mr Park is pointing out that SFA Neil should be investigating SPFL Neil. The age old question, who polices the police? Neil has decided to run out to the centre circle flashing the Vs with his cock hanging out, but it's very tiny, so difficult to see. He is letting Mr Park know, without saying anything directly, that he cares not a jot, for the time, money and service to the national game Mr Park brings. This is because, SPFL Neil was employed by Peter for Peter. None of the rule ignoring or governance deficiencies identified by Rangers, Park's of Hamilton or the courts are of any benefit to Neil or Peter, in fact, they would be a hindrance, as proper governance would expose this sh1tshow. In the meantime, every other member club are pretending not to look and listen.

FBS

A good statement telling the truth. However, only Rangers fans will see it. The SMSM will not report it.

Good opportunity here for some add-ons next season.

"Fvck the SFA... AND CINCH
Fvck the SFA... AND CINCH
Fvck the SFA, Fvck the SFA, Fvck the SFA... AND CINCH"

Got the feeling this is one of those ones that sounded better in my head than reality :)
Cinch haven't done anything wrong to us.

How about :

Neil Doncaster.... Yer a wanker, yer a wanker.

It’s a good start. As I said on the other thread, I can’t understand why the other member clubs are taking this obscene level of incompetence and their earlier press relief is a massive kick in the balls to every member club.

The SPFL has no money, Rangers and the rest of the member clubs will now have to foot the bill.
Money drives every member club. Their own elected & appointed officers pi55ing it away should be a clarion call for clubs to act. But will it?

Last edited:
I'm interpreting it as Mr Park is pointing out that SFA Neil should be investigating SPFL Neil. The age old question, who polices the police? Neil has decided to run out to the centre circle flashing the Vs with his cock hanging out, but it's very tiny, so difficult to see. He is letting Mr Park know, without saying anything directly, that he cares not a jot, for the time, money and service to the national game Mr Park brings. This is because, SPFL Neil was employed by Peter for Peter. None of the rule ignoring or governance deficiencies identified by Rangers, Park's of Hamilton or the courts are of any benefit to Neil or Peter, in fact, they would be a hindrance, as proper governance would expose this sh1tshow. In the meantime, every other member club are pretending not to look and listen.

FBS
Look over your shoulder Dan Brown! ;)

I'm wondering how the cinch sponsorship of the SPFL and 'Elite women’s Scottish football to become responsibility of the SPFL from the 2022/23 season' will work out.

Park’s Motor Group have been confirmed as the sponsor of the Scottish Women’s Premier League (SWPL) for the 2021/22 season as part of an exciting new commercial agreement for the league.
Was this a one year sponsorship?

So, are cinch now sponsors of SWPL as well as SPFL?

That’s as damning a statement as you’ll see anywhere.

Doesn’t fucking miss them anyway.

Parks see it, wee see it on here, folk see it in the real world, folk see it online and social media. The fact that the SPFL or the SFA can’t see the absolute clusterfuck of a situation they have presided over is a damning indictment of the Scottish game and its leadership and custodians.

They have made a total and utter mockery of integrity, sporting or otherwise, decency and transparency, honesty and acting in good faith.

Murdoch Maclennan and Neil Doncaster should be hung out to dry, they should resign their posts immediately for presiding over this absolute sham of a commercial deal.
They have made a total and utter mockery of integrity, sporting or otherwise, decency and transparency, honesty and acting in good faith.

This^

They have run the game into the ground here, and will continue to do so until they are removed. It's time the other clubs stood up to them because the longer they stay in their positions, the more corrupt our league becomes.

Rangers do not need to respond is how I'm reading it. The cabal want to turn this in to Rangers v SPFL however looks like it's now between Parks and the cabal which will have Doncaster and McLennan sh!££!ng themselves!
I think Rangers should just say nothing at this stage. We've got what we wanted and the SPFL are embarrassed at being called out by Parks of Hamilton, over whom they have no control. If they want to continue that spat with Parks then let them. Rangers should simply ignore the letter about 'confidentiality' and it will leave the SPFL hanging there, stewing they can't get the last word in.

Last edited:
What happened to the boys that say we dont hit back and keep quiet. Well there is the answer. When the club has a good case then they speak up. Interesting to see it is a Parks spokesman and if the idiots want to came back do they contact Rangers or Parks.
You can be sure of one thing they wont admit they are wrong.
IF only we could get support from other clubs to get them out.

When Doncaster eventually loses his job he’ll be the exact same as that Roger Mitchell is now. He’ll be banging on about his love for the scum and bad mouthing us any chance he gets. Shows what we are up against that this guy is employed by the SPFL.

My thoughts were that “ portraying the sfa as impartial “, which they are, was excellent, and telling all that they’re impartial.
IMO.

Should get a public campaign to get Barry Hearn back interested. Could only be a good thing and he'd love the challenge of doing what he originally had planned for scottish football, also would lead to a clear out of spfl which is why it was voted down last time.
Excellent point

Yeah he might be seen as a flash c@nt etc

But with him or someone similar given a chance to reinvigorate Scottish football
there's no doubt we would get a proper TV deal and all the other related sponsorship.
plus it would be great entertainment seeing him call the SFA,SPFL etc for what they are ,
self serving dinosaurs

I think Rangers should just say nothing at this stage. We've got what we wanted and the SPFL are embarrassed at being called out by Parks of Hamilton, over whom they have no control. If they want to continue that spat with Parks then let them. Rangers should simply ignore the letter about 'confidentiality' and it will leave the SPFL hanging there, stewing they can't get the last word in.
Agree, that's how I'm reading it too.

My thoughts were that “ portraying the sfa as impartial “, which they are, was excellent, and telling all that they’re impartial.
IMO.
Yes I think you are right. . They will hopefully be forced to investigate the maladministration and with the evidence they will have a very difficult dilemma.

Back