BT bidding for europa game

Hope they get it. Better exposure for Rangers across the UK and beyond for Gerrards first competitive match at Ibrox.

Think some people underestimate the appetite to watch Rangers, with or without Steven Gerrard. That includes TV companies, that let Premier Sports jump in and earn a tidy sum last year.

The home leg will sell out and there would still be big viewing figures. There are some fans that never come to games. Also with it being the Twelfth, there will be a lot that can't make the game due to the festivities but will no don't be happy to take a couple of hours in the evening to watch the game.

It's easier to get out of jail in Dubai than cancel a premier sports contract2
contract.
Thankfully I had it through virgin. They set it up so they could cancel it, but I heard some nightmare stories of folk trying to cancel direct with premier sports lasting for months.

Illegal streams should be encourage if it’s any of they papish channels

I'm still not over paying a tenner to watch us lose last year.

I can only imagine how those in Luxembourg felt!

I can watch BT for free, phew.
Tenner? That's a bargain!

I ordered it and kept forgetting to cancel Premium Sports until about 8 months later.

£80 to see us pumped out of Europe by a bunch of office workers from Luxembourg :D

And later qualifying rounds.

It’s still under UEFA so it’s odd if it’s down to the Club

It’s not odd at all. It’s always (for years at least) been the way that clubs are free to negotiate TV themselves before the groups / final playoff rounds

It’s not odd at all. It’s always (for years at least) been the way that clubs are free to negotiate TV themselves before the groups / final playoff rounds

Correct

We can sell if want to the home game to any broadcaster for the 4 qualifying rounds

The UEFA centralised deal for the Europa League kicks in from the Group stage which BT Sport have exclusive rights

It is up to the broadcaster to contract the host club for the away games

Correct

We can sell if want to the home game to any broadcaster for the 4 qualifying rounds

The UEFA centralised deal for the Europa League kicks in from the Group stage which BT Sport have exclusive rights

Any idea when we'll know if BT are getting it Al?

Correct

This.

For the EL it’s up to clubs for all 4 qualifiers about tv coverage. UEFA deal with BT kicks in for the groups onwards.

For the CL( useful for next season) it’s the first 3 qualifiers the club decide with the BT deal kicking in from the playoff round.

Back