Archive Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said to my old man this morning that Bayern would drop points and told him if they do I would put £200 on Dortmund to draw.

I’m still going to bottle out on putting that bet on but I can really see them bottling it too.

HSV going to be cutting it fine. Huge game next week
Sadly can’t help but feel they fucked it again.

Even if they win today still a point behind and would need Heidenheim to drop points at nearly relegated Regensburg, they can match the points for the playoff spot but have a way worse goal difference.

Hamburg seem like the “nearly” club. Always leading the table at some point of the season then collapse before getting near again

Unbelievable that Bayern have regressed so much since that champs league final v PSG. Big mistake not properly replacing Lewandowski

Meantime Hertha going down puts them in some serious scheisse, a bin fire of an organisation at the moment.

I would hope their turmoil would have us at least looking at Dodi Lukebakio’s availability. 25, physical and fast winger/striker with 11 goals this season in a crap team. Out of contract in 2024 so more likely going to have to cash in now than they are to convince him to stay for a season in Bundesliga II and then go for free. Worth an ask

Looking like they might drop even further I think isn’t it? You probably know much more being over there?
That’s true. Their license for playing Bundesliga (even BL 2) is at risk, and there is the possibility of them having to drop down to the fourth tier. They have a large financial hole to fill which needs payed back by October. They have a potential investment group from the US (777 investment they are called), but Hertha are at risk of breaching the 50+1 rule as the share the investment group would acquire would be in excess of the allowed threshold, as 51 percent has to be held by the fans.

We will find out more in the coming weeks.

3/4 of their income has went into wages of players and other staff, and it has become unsustainable. Heard they have to cut staff costs by 50 percent, making it even unlikelier for them to gain direct promotion next season.

It’s a big mess which has been a long time in the making.

Last edited:
That’s true. Their license for playing Bundesliga (even BL 2) is at risk, and there is the possibility of them having to drop down to the fourth tier. They have a large financial hole to fill which needs payed back by October. They have a potential investment group from the US (777 investment they are called), but Hertha are at risk of breaching the 50+1 rule as the share the investment group would acquire would be in excess of the allowed threshold, as 51 percent has to be held by the fans.

We will find out more in the coming weeks.

3/4 of their income has went into wages of players and other staff, and it has become unsustainable. Heard they have to cut staff costs by 50 percent, making it even unlikelier for them to gain direct promotion meyt season.

It’s a big mess which has been a long time in the making.
That's a sad state of affairs to learn.

I remember when the Berlin Wall came down in November 89, there was much reporting on the Hertha fans from the east of the city, at last being able to see in the flesh the team they'd only been able to follow from so near and yet so far.

Interesting Bellingham is out and to some extent the pressure is on Dortmund even though it’s Bayern who trail.
It is massively on Dortmund, I’ll be surprised if they blow it mind, even the Mainz fans probably want them to win it. Be surprised if he isn’t on the bench for a last few mins display if winning well, looks like Real Madrid is a cert now.

Permutations for the ultimate games:

Dortmund and Bayern matches are live on Sky Sports with the Schalke match available through the app.

Staying the obvious but can’t see past Dortmund being Champs, Union in to CL with Schalke dropping and Bochum lining up a play off with Hamburg.

How Heidenheim got up:

Play off:

Stuttgart v Hamburg June 1st 19:45 UK time

Hamburg v Stuttgart June 5th 19:45 UK time

Not sure if these are live on UK Sky.

Considering going to Stuttgart on Thursday, haven't asked my usual contact about tickets yet right enough assuming they'll be difficult.

Last edited:
How Heidenheim got up:

Play off:

Stuttgart v Hamburg June 1st 19:45 UK time

Hamburg v Stuttgart June 5th 19:45 UK time

Not sure if these are live on UK Sky.
These are live on sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back