Archive Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bielefeld humped again.

Zero points after 1st 2 games but horsed 0-3 at home today.

And it’s Hansa next week. No way Arminia are bouncing back up this season. No chance.

I see Rostock ultras stole HSV fans Sex Machines banner.

Not sure if they're an ultras group themselves but that banner has been recognisable at HSV home games for years

I see Rostock ultras stole HSV fans Sex Machines banner.

Not sure if they're an ultras group themselves but that banner has been recognisable at HSV home games for years
Lad sent me that this morning:

Pretty sure the lad who owns it is just a fan:

He is probably the best-known fan in the Lübeck area: "Sexmachine" Mirco Petereit. The football fan of Hamburger SV and VfB Lübeck, who also loudly supports the second division handball team of VfL Lübeck-Schwartau, draws attention to himself with his banners and his emotional cheering in the stadiums and halls of the country. Mirco Petereit is known above all for his always positive and sociable manner, with which he has already established friendly contacts throughout Germany. This Tuesday, however, one had to worry about the self-proclaimed "sex machine" for at least a brief moment, because a post was circulating on social networks containing the rumor that Mirco had disappeared and was missing. He was last seen last Monday evening at 7 p.m. heavily intoxicated on Lübeck's Obertrave. The LN sports buzzer quickly found out about this news and immediately tried to get in touch with the likeable sports fan - with success!

"I'm sexy, as always!", explains Mirco when asked by the LN sports buzzer. The post circulating on the internet was quickly identified as fake news. "It's complete nonsense, what's in this post. I wasn't on Obertrave, I was on Fackenburger Allee and watched HSV's away game at Karlsruher SC with a colleague yesterday. Why should I also have been on Obertrave - is but anyway everything is closed at the moment. And the rumor that I was very drunk is also not true. Unfortunately, I am currently on sick leave and have to take Ibuprofen 600. The only thing that was correct in this post is that I had a checkered one pants and had sunglasses in my hair - but that's my absolute trademark," he says with a smile.

Never had a bad view in that stadium in any seat tbh. Would love to watch a game in standing though.
Didn't appreciate much when I was there, probably as I mainly saw 1860 in it but was there other week for England and realised how good it is. I am the same in that I would like to stand there.

It could just do with some bars/restaurants being built outside it really - really is very little from the U Bahn to the Stadium.

The mighty Armenia kicking off in 10 mins for the first home game of the season.

Hopefully Arminia and HSV can make it up this season.
What a terrible start to the season, be lucky to stay in the 2 Budesliga never mind being promoted playing like that. Absolutely no cutting edge :confused:

Didn't appreciate much when I was there, probably as I mainly saw 1860 in it but was there other week for England and realised how good it is. I am the same in that I would like to stand there.

It could just do with some bars/restaurants being built outside it really - really is very little from the U Bahn to the Stadium.

The big megastore/restaurant/hotel in the downtown is some bit of kit. Reckon they've ploughed most of their money into that. Agreed though, only thing that part is good for is getting a taxi after the game!

You've got me in the mood for a jaunt down now.

The big megastore/restaurant/hotel in the downtown is some bit of kit. Reckon they've ploughed most of their money into that. Agreed though, only thing that part is good for is getting a taxi after the game!

You've got me in the mood for a jaunt down now.
Never knew about that Hotel etc... would have had a look when I was there with England.

Booked flights at the weekend for 9th Sept.

Already sorted tickets for Fri 9th - Werder Bremen v Augsburg. On Saturday aiming for Hannover v Eintracht Braunschweig. Then on Sunday St Pauli v Sandhausen (hoping to source away end tickets for this match).

That'll be grounds 27, 28 and 29 for me in Germany.

On another point, id be interested to know if there are any German based bears on the forum? I have a mascot from the home team of every German game I've been to bar Eintracht Braunschweig (they no longer sell them but I've found some on German ebay but seller wouldn't post to UK which is frustrating). Collection is for my 4 year old boy but my ocd is not liking having one missing.

Should add I've been to RB Leipzig, Eintracht Frankfurt and Schalke twice, that's why I have little ones too.

Already sorted tickets for Fri 9th - Werder Bremen v Augsburg. On Saturday aiming for Hannover v Eintracht Braunschweig. Then on Sunday St Pauli v Sandhausen (hoping to source away end tickets for this match).

On another point, id be interested to know if there are any German based bears on the forum? I have a mascot from the home team of every German game I've been to bar Eintracht Braunschweig (they no longer sell them but I've found some on German ebay but seller wouldn't post to UK which is frustrating). Collection is for my 4 year old boy but my ocd is not liking having one missing.

Should add I've been to RB Leipzig, Eintracht Frankfurt and Schalke twice, that's why I have little ones too.
Good collection that pal, can you not get it posted to your Hotel out there? I have done that with tickets and pennants I have bought and it's always been pretty straight forward.

Good collection that pal, can you not get it posted to your Hotel out there? I have done that with tickets and pennants I have bought and it's always been pretty straight forward.

Aye, that has crossed my mind and pick it up in when I'm over in September.

A Che Guevara t-shirt or flag would be sufficient.

Long story, but I actually ended up doing the tour at the Millerntor years ago. My abiding memory was the fella running it operating as a salesman for the club shop more than a tour guide. Dishing out disount cards and everything. I get that's how they make their money, but it was way too much.

In fairness, the St Pauli fans on it were sound and couldn't care less I was a Rangers fan. They were saying that as much as they pride themselves on social responsibilities, they wish the club just took the sporting aspect side of things a wee bit more seriously. Sums it up they don't even have a trophy room!

On the subject of the sex machines banner getting stole, I don't really see the point in stealing one mans personal flag, I think it's a laughable when these European Ultras bump British teams flags too.

Although I do think folk should know better than to tie a flag to a tree at a Euro away match and expect it still to be there later in the day.

Bars and restaurants between the U Bahn station and Alliance arena would be a gold mine.

Hightlights of Sunday's Karlsruher v Magdeburg game. New stadium looking like its coming along well. Main stand still to be finished, but it looks like the other 3 are complete. Mental game - looked done at half time but the home team probably unlucky not to have taken at least a point in the end.

29/10/22 for my next German game. First choice is SV Waldhof Mannheim v Dynamo Dresden. Other options depend on games getting confirmed for the Saturday, Options are Kaiserslautern v Nuremberg, Eintracht v Dortmund or Stuttgart v Augsburg

On the subject of the sex machines banner getting stole, I don't really see the point in stealing one mans personal flag, I think it's a laughable when these European Ultras bump British teams flags too.

Although I do think folk should know better than to tie a flag to a tree at a Euro away match and expect it still to be there later in the day.
Tells you what happened regarding this on here:

Rough idea:

Was nicked in 2019 at some match near Duisburg not involving Hansa or HSV. There is a similar banner to the one stolen which is still in the possession of the owner.

Some good photos in the article of the displays and supports from HSV v Hansa yesterday.

Fancy the berlin Derby, great city and what a stadium.

Being honest, I think BFC and Union would be a much more intense derby, if it ever happened. As much as a lot has been made about it the rivalry between Hertha and Union in the last couple of years, it only really got a bit more rowdy recently. Even then, it's all a bit pantomime.

Even when the Olympiastadion is full and Hertha are winning big games, the atmosphere still has a hollowness to it (Bayern, Dortmund etc.). Just a hollow club at heart imo. They really need that move to the smaller stadium to find some identity as a club.

Being honest, I think BFC and Union would be a much more intense derby, if it ever happened. As much as a lot has been made about it the rivalry between Hertha and Union in the last couple of years, it only really got a bit more rowdy recently. Even then, it's all a bit pantomime.

Even when the Olympiastadion is full and Hertha are winning big games, the atmosphere still has a hollowness to it (Bayern, Dortmund etc.). Just a hollow club at heart imo. They really need that move to the smaller stadium to find some identity as a club.

They are looking to build their own stadium I believe? The Derby between hertha and Union does seem a little forced, but it is growing. Its unique in the sense they never had a chance to have a rivalry because of the wall.

I love the Olympiastadion, it's stunning, the history of it, amazing stadium. I generally make sure my tickets are in with or near the ostcurve so there's an atmosphere, can be really good I'd it's a rowdy away support. Atmosphere at union is incredible.

How hard is it to get Hamburg tickets
Not hard at all to be fair, very easy.

Buy online using google translate. I only think St Pauli will be a struggle this season in the league for HSV tickets. If you are struggling email them and they’ll more than likely square them off for you.

He deserved to have it stolen for supporting two teams.

Gonks man :)

Well done to anybody that stuck with that game, not a classic by any means but as a Hertha fan I’m used to that

Hamburg down to 3rd on goal difference now with Darmstadt and Paderborn winning over the weekend.

Shame Union v BVB clashes with Liverpool/City at 4:30 today.

Article some may enjoy reading on Hamburg and St Pauli:

Reactions: cav
nice to see Darmstadt back at the top - exciting times. I still think Hamburg will finish 1st or 2nd this year.
next round of the german cup this week
RB Leipzig v Hamburg being one of the ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back