Bury FC phoenix club

Good luck lads. I haven’t looked I’m on this thread for a while, some good stuff going on. I’m still paying my £5 per month so keep,up the good work and spend it wisely :))
Thanks for your continued support, it means a great deal to us.
If we beat Congleton Town in the FA Vase we will be through to the semi final, with the final at Wembley, so at the moment we can dream on.
In the league we are 4th but with 5 games in hand so it is within our grasp
But of course we are not looking too far ahead, one game at a time, and who knows .. we may be over the moon at some point

Thanks again

Thanks for your continued support, it means a great deal to us.
If we beat Congleton Town in the FA Vase we will be through to the semi final, with the final at Wembley, so at the moment we can dream on.
In the league we are 4th but with 5 games in hand so it is within our grasp
But of course we are not looking too far ahead, one game at a time, and who knows .. we may be over the moon at some point

Thanks again
Your more than welcome mate. It’s more a symbolic thing to maintain a connection with my second team.

I took a really keen interest way back at the start, these days I look I’m on my second team every now again. From that perspective it’s truly remarkable what your community have achieved in such a short time, it’s every bit as impressive as our journey.

You don’t need me to tell you but should all be very proud of your club and what you have achieved.

Thanks for keeping this thread up to date for us up here, you have many friends in the Rangers family and that will never change now.
Still to arrange a visit, one of these days! I know it takes time but keep this thread alive and well mate.

Your more than welcome mate. It’s more a symbolic thing to maintain a connection with my second team.

I took a really keen interest way back at the start, these days I look I’m on my second team every now again. From that perspective it’s truly remarkable what your community have achieved in such a short time, it’s every bit as impressive as our journey.

You don’t need me to tell you but should all be very proud of your club and what you have achieved.

Thanks for keeping this thread up to date for us up here, you have many friends in the Rangers family and that will never change now.
Still to arrange a visit, one of these days! I know it takes time but keep this thread alive and well mate.
Very kind of all you GERS
Amazing and knowledgeable fans - The Best

I have put your message of support on the Bury AFC message board

Hoping we may get to Wembley .... sh who said that

Horrible way to lose a game but good luck in the run in for the league I might come and watch a game shortly I was at Radcliffe yesterday against Hyde hopefully you can keep the good run going and end up as champions

Horrible way to lose a game but good luck in the run in for the league I might come and watch a game shortly I was at Radcliffe yesterday against Hyde hopefully you can keep the good run going and end up as champions
Great victory for Rangers today to ease into the semi finals

Wembley dream over for Bury
But great effort by Bury

Congleton Town into the semi finals
Well done to them
Absolute gutter to lose on pens and the trip to Wembley going with it.
A slight positive is that it takes away 2 matchdays that could add to an already massively congested fixture list.

Hopefully it works out in the long run and those games in hand work in our favour.

Absolute gutter to lose on pens and the trip to Wembley going with it.
A slight positive is that it takes away 2 matchdays that could add to an already massively congested fixture list.

Hopefully it works out in the long run and those games in hand work in our favour.
Yes, if we can win our games in hand then the final position is in our hands.

Next up is a home game on Wednesday

Bury AFC v AFC Liverpool

Another tough opponent

Today has revealed a new 2nd vote is going to be held for the merger of the two community benefit societies to create a new cbs to hopefully unify the Bury fan base

Both cbs are supporting the proposal as it has been recognised that over £1.3M of funding is available with the merger

It is a long read, but it explains what is proposed better than i can

The combined statement is here

Today has revealed a new 2nd vote is going to be held for the merger of the two community benefit societies to create a new cbs to hopefully unify the Bury fan base

Both cbs are supporting the proposal as it has been recognised that over £1.3M of funding is available with the merger

It is a long read, but it explains what is proposed better than i can

The combined statement is here

I voted against last time, and feel justified in doing so.

I'll be voting for this time.

Wonder if that bloke from earlier in the thread will come back to try and derail things again? He was a good laugh.

Wonder if that bloke from earlier in the thread will come back to try and derail things again? He was a good laugh.
I gritted my teeth last time as i voted yes
You did not have the baggage of the political stuff that went off and that was fine

After all the appalling behaviour it will be difficult again, i will have to come to terms with it

Someone asked
Thinking what if there's a financial plan - a proper one - and it's obvious that Gigg isn't sustainable? Don't want to be shaking buckets, into administration and all the rest of it YET AGAIN in 2025.
And the Bury AFC Chairman replied:
As far as I understand, we have that plan. What happens in the long term is no more than a projection. However, there is no better option than an existent ground with potentially £2.3 million of funding.

Should we say no, then one would assume that we will lose all credibility in the eyes of key stakeholders. What we would effectively be saying is that we don’t want it, which is effectively carte blanche to offer it to those that do. When was the last time that £2.3 million was offered to our club with a very limited and non-onerous strings attached.

I gritted my teeth last time as i voted yes
You did not have the baggage of the political stuff that went off and that was fine

After all the appalling behaviour it will be difficult again, i will have to come to terms with it
I didn't see BFCSS as being trustworthy and willing to work as an equal partner.
The fact they took a neutral stance on the previous vote vindicated that opinion for me.

Encouraging a Yes vote alongside in a joint statement with BAFC is what should have happened before.
Thankfully, the rabble rousers would seem to have been weeded out.

I don't see the vote failing to pass a second time.

Game off again tonight.

The weather is going to be the biggest threat to winning promotion this season.

I didn't see BFCSS as being trustworthy and willing to work as an equal partner.
The fact they took a neutral stance on the previous vote vindicated that opinion for me.

Encouraging a Yes vote alongside in a joint statement with BAFC is what should have happened before.
Thankfully, the rabble rousers would seem to have been weeded out.

I don't see the vote failing to pass a second time.
And you were correct about BFCSS Board not being trustworthy as they celebrated not merging and it turned out they had secretly aquired a football team called the Radcliffe Veterans playing in the Bolton Sports Federation Over 35 Veteran Football League and the BFCSS renamed them as Bury Community United Football Club. They did not announce any of this before the vote for the merger.
This is the BFCSS attempt to have their own football team pretending that it is the saved Bury FC, whilst Bury FC is still in administration with the changed name of CCFB Realisations as you know, which BFCSS changed our club name to.
This attempt to create a new club has had the application to join the football pyramid rejected and the loss of funding with their actions has forced BFCSS to need the second vote and on social media the BFCSS still promote to vote No whilst the statement says they now support the merger
Still very concerning

However, Bury AFC are now forced to revisit this issue of merging. The Chairman explains:-

here lies the dilemma in simple terms. If we deliberately go against the will of our supporters combined with stakeholders including those in influential positions, we will lose credibility, influence, access to funding and any chance of ever having a ground of our own. This will adversely impact our ability to generate income, which in turn will impact negatively our on field success. We are well aware of the fickleness of football fans and how this can negatively impact crowds. Football teams in Bury are far from immune from this syndrome.

We can talk about the vagaries of business, the desire for credible business plans and the requirements for certainty but the only assurance that can be provided is that Bury AFC will find life much more difficult under the circumstances stated above than is currently the case.

The irony of the debate for me is that a significant level of scrutiny is being applied to the financial plans of a combined group following amalgamation yet none to the business plans of AFC should a merger not occur. This seems not be important in this whole debate, which appears to be focussed solely on the sustainability of Gigg Lane.

Whilst there are uncertainties a plenty about Gigg Lane, they pale into insignificance versus those of a no vote. Always happy to provide reasoned debate but balance is required across the board, which should also include a high level of scrutiny of what will happen should we deliberately vote no. As you can imagine, the picture likely to be painted is far from pretty.

Back to my view
The outcome will be that Bury AFC will do as requested by the Board and vote Yes
How BFCSS will vote is unpredictable

Last edited:

Yes, after a lot of thought i will vote Yes

This decision is a way forward for Bury to progress in a sensible way .

The ground has been aquired, bought out of administration, and taken out of the grip of steve dale. An admirable achievement.

The Bury FC fans have found the talent from within our fan base to form the football team to meet the FA deadline date of January 2020 as the agreed outcome from the Forever Bury public meeting at Bury Town Hall. An admirable achievement.

Back in 2019, after being expelled from the EFL, we would have snapped off hands to continue to have a successful football team to be able to play at Gigg Lane.

Here is that moment, now in 2023.

And back in 1922, the Earl of Derby gifted Gigg Lane to Bury FC in perpetuity for the " good townsfolk of Bury" to have a football ground

Now is the time to vote YES

For the benefit of football within Bury for now and future generations.

We have to make this work and together we will

So we need to unite and vote YES

A great day to win away for Bury and Rangers

Half time was 0 - 0 , but Bury took the lead early in the second half before Prestwich scored what looked like a late equalizer.
But in the dying moments Bury grabbed the winner

Prestwich Heys 1 - 2 Bury AFC
Getting very tight at the top of the league now.
Avro think they have lift off, but will they be stuck on the runway come the last day of the season

The top of the table is now looking like this

Played Points Team
37 79 Avro
35 73 Vauxhall Motors
36 72 Wythenshaw Town
31 68 BURY AFC
37 66 Northwich Victoria

A great day to win away for Bury and Rangers

Half time was 0 - 0 , but Bury took the lead early in the second half before Prestwich scored what looked like a late equalizer.
But in the dying moments Bury grabbed the winner

Prestwich Heys 1 - 2 Bury AFC

Here are the game highlights

Yes, if we can win our games in hand then the final position is in our hands.

Next up is a home game on Wednesday

Bury AFC v AFC Liverpool

Another tough opponent
i've been to a few AFC Liverpool games when they played at Prescot Cables ground,it was a cracking day out,£5 entrance fee,you could watch the game from the Bar.

The next game is due on Tuesday 21st at home against Burscough
But the rain keeps falling and it is fingers crossed that the game will go ahead

Getting very tight at the top of the league now.
Avro think they have lift off, but will they be stuck on the runway come the last day of the season

Played Points Team
37 79 Avro
35 73 Vauxhall Motors
36 72 Wythenshaw Town
31 68 BURY AFC
37 66 Northwich Victoria
Massive couple of weeks coming up.
Should be 6 points from this weeks games, Vauxhall twice in a week and Wythenshawe away the following week to come though.

Avro have Vauxhall 2nd last game but their other 4 look like safe wins.

Bury play 4 games before Avros next fixture, 3 of which I'd expect to win.
We could actually go top with games in hand before Avro kick another ball!

There'd be massive pressure on them then.

The next game is due on Tuesday 21st at home against Burscough
But the rain keeps falling and it is fingers crossed that the game will go ahead
Tonight's game is off due to a waterlogged pitch
Saturday's game may suffer the same fate as the rain is set to continue to fall
This is causing a serious fixture pile up now
11 games still to fit in
We will rise to the challenge

Getting tighter at the top of the table now, we need to be able to play our games

Played Points Team
37 79 Avro
37 75 Wythenshawe Town
35 73 Vauxhall Motors
31 68 BURY AFC
37 66 Northwich Victoria

Back