Official Calvin Bassey to Ajax - Official

only two players have left Rangers and gone onto bigger things, Gio and Gattuso. I really hope Bassey is the third. He’s got the potential to go right to the very top of the game. I reckon he, and England, will regret his decision to play for Nigeria.

Great move for Bassey, he’s made a very intelligent choice there. Not chasing the EPL mid table money but joining a leading European club with a reputation for excellent development. I hope he continues to improve at Ajax and the bigger teams in the bigger leagues come calling in a couple of years. I hope he smashes it in Holland and enjoys it also, he’s a cracking big fella.

Good deal for Rangers too, right time to sell given our need for a squad revamp.

Will miss him marauding around all areas of the pitch, bullying the opposition off the ball, attacking with intent and chasing the ball like a madman in the dying minutes of a game. He was great to watch, very respectful as a character and clearly loved being a Ranger.

Was quite funny watching some of the Dutchies with their quintessentially functional only communication whilst the lad is smiling away and shaking hands with everyone.

Good luck to the lad.

Was quite funny watching some of the Dutchies with their quintessentially functional only communication whilst the lad is smiling away and shaking hands with everyone.

Good luck to the lad.

As someone based in Amsterdam, do you know which language the Ajax players primarily communicate in in training etc? Might be a silly question, but they've always had Danes who speak impeccable Dutch, likewise most Germans speak decent Dutch. Same in the reverse with Dutch and English, but I can't imagine them making changes just for Bassey etc! They've had a lot of native Spanish speakers too.

As someone based in Amsterdam, do you know which language the Ajax players primarily communicate in in training etc? Might be a silly question, but they've always had Danes who speak impeccable Dutch, likewise most Germans speak decent Dutch. Same in the reverse with Dutch and English, but I can't imagine them making changes just for Bassey etc! They've had a lot of native Spanish speakers too.
Can't answer definitively, but pretty sure it will be English. The Dutch love speaking English and are taught it at a very early age. Imagine in the training rooms some of the Dutch will speak Dutch to another. On the pitch though, unlikely.

Dutch isn't actually that hard a language, but trying to get Dutchies to speak Dutch in response to someone not from there is a nightmare. B-D

Can't answer definitively, but pretty sure it will be English. The Dutch love speaking English and are taught it at a very early age. Imagine in the training rooms some of the Dutch will speak Dutch to another. On the pitch though, unlikely.

Dutch isn't actually that hard a language, but trying to get Dutchies to speak Dutch in response to someone not from there is a nightmare. B-D

Lol, I'm fluent-ish in German and can pick up a bits. Cannot get a grasp on a lot of the written words at all though. The use of the 'J' throws me!

Good luck Calvin, I would have loved to have seen you at Rangers for longer.

Go smash it in Holland big man

only two players have left Rangers and gone onto bigger things, Gio and Gattuso. I really hope Bassey is the third. He’s got the potential to go right to the very top of the game. I reckon he, and England, will regret his decision to play for Nigeria.
What if he's happy with his choices?

Back