Can we have a songbook thread?

midlandbear

I’m not suggesting we use this, but it may be sensible to have the biggest Rangers supporters forum publish a thread with a list of acceptable songs.

Admin? A sticky with an approved songbook?

Don't sing about 19th Century Terrorists, The Pope , Catholics... religion in general

No need for a list of acceptable songs when we all know what is unacceptable.

Read club 1872 statement. There is no acceptable songs. Any song can be changed to include a derogatory reference to the pope for example then it becomes unacceptable.

I’m not suggesting we use this, but it may be sensible to have the biggest Rangers supporters forum publish a thread with a list of acceptable songs.

With a voting system to get a consensus or it wouldn't work, then spread to other forums to get that consensus broadened

It’s a fair thread to start and would certainly help.

I’ll start

Ok to sing

Blue sea of Ibrox
Four lads had a dream
Derry’s walls
Every Saturday we follow
Trip to Ibrox (strictly no add on at the end)
Wolverhampton town
Copland road
Individual player songs (Arfield etc)
Fathers advice
Bluebells are blue
We’re coming down the road
Rule Britannia
Penny arcade
King Billy’s on the wall
Green grassy slopes

Don’t sing

Billy boys
Super rangers
Here lies a soldier
Follow follow (too risky, needs proper campaign to end add ons)
Build my gallows (due to past confusion)

I’m sure there are others to add as well to both categories.

Remember nothing with the word 19th Century Terrorist in it and anything offensive about RCs or the Pope. That’s what the club has unofficially said through other means so avoid them songs and I see nothing FARE/UEFA can touch us on.

Lists won’t work. Say the Club, for example, tell us not to sing about being up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood. Some fuckwit will say, well that’s alright we will just sing up to our knees in papish blood then because that’s not on the banned list.

Common sense and realism are what’s required not any damned lists.

Apparently according to many posters on her you must be thick not to know this already.
Hence the ban ;-)

The whole stadium turns and points to the #equalgame banner and chants "what the fucking hell is that". First song (and fine) done right away.

Do people really not know what is acceptable?

How do people live their life’s day to day?

If you wouldn’t sing it in front of the queen/your mum then don’t sing it.

Don't sing about 19th Century Terrorists, The Pope , Catholics... religion in general

No need for a list of acceptable songs when we all know what is unacceptable.
Exactly. Add in uvf etc etc etc

It’s not bloody hard

Back