Castore opened a new store on Buchanan Street today

Will be a bit pointless if they go out their way to not have a small amount of Rangers gear in it as no crash barriers will shop in it anyway.

Will be some rent in what they call the "style mile".
Might be less than you think, Castore have said they’re moving into more high profile locations than originally planned due to the availability and affordability caused by the decline of the high street.

I remember one of the brothers at launch time telling us about all the finest Italian and Portuguese fabrics going to be used in our products.
Some of our gear is the same mate the more expensive items are. The hoodies last year and the 1/4 zips are the same I'm sure

Need to make some "cheaper" stuff as well though a suppose

Some of our gear is the same mate the more expensive items are. The hoodies last year and the 1/4 zips are the same I'm sure

Need to make some "cheaper" stuff as well though a suppose
Could you imagine the outrage and the moaning if they started bringing out some gear for us that was in the price range of some of the stuff on their website?

Could you imagine the outrage and the moaning if they started bringing out some gear for us that was in the price range of some of the stuff on their website?
Mind they did with their £170 Garcia hoodies and people were just using it for their arguments against them even though there was other rangers hoodies for 50 quid on the site :)

Can you imagine they put a Rangers badge on school jumpers that cost a couple of quid then shafted the Rangers fans by selling them for £50 odd? Oh wait………..

What exclusive rangers stuff do they have in store? I remember them saying they would have this

It will last about 12 months. Ridiculous prices for some pretty shocking product.
Do you own castore gear? i don't either outside of football tops - but from what I've heard the proper castore stuff is excellent. At the end of the day you're never going to get the best quality of top in a 65 quid football top (Which I agree is expensive btw).

If so it's a bit like complaining Armani openening a shop selling GA stuff in the hundreds when the quality is "shocking" when your only experience is the cheap EA7 sporty stuff.

What exclusive rangers stuff do they have in store? I remember them saying they would have this

Do you own castore gear? i don't either outside of football tops - but from what I've heard the proper castore stuff is excellent. At the end of the day you're never going to get the best quality of top in a 65 quid football top (Which I agree is expensive btw).

If so it's a bit like complaining Armani openening a shop selling GA stuff in the hundreds when the quality is "shocking" when your only experience is the cheap EA7 sporty stuff.
I baught the Garcia hoody that was apparently waterproof and it’s anything but.

I baught the Garcia hoody that was apparently waterproof and it’s anything but.
Fair enough. Like I said I don't have any of their gear just from what I've heard.

Did you take it back? i would have at that price if you're unhappy with it - but to be fair I'd grudge buying one at £100 let alone £150+. £60 TNF/Nike/Addidas does the job for me.

I baught the waterproof Garcia hoody and it ain’t waterproof.
These things aren’t ever waterproof IME it’s a nonsense to suggest they are .

You should be able to return it under consumer laws as a product that does not meet its product commitment imo

Last edited:
These things aren’t ever waterproof IME it’s a nonsense to suggest they are .

You should be able to return it under consumer lease as a product that does not meet its product commitment imo

Aye, I never see how a soft fabric can be properly waterproof either. I have Adidas golf shoes that are made from a soft textile/microfibre. Supposed to be waterproof but aren't even a little bit.

I know I am comparing apples and oranges there but when I seen that hoodie I must admit I was sceptical, that it would keep any water out.

Mine too.

Problem is that people have varying different expectations from ‘waterproof’.

My iPhone is waterproof when fully submerged no deeper than 1m for up to 30 minutes.

My gopro housing is waterproof to 60m for hours.

My castore hoodie is also waterproof as evidenced by putting it under the tap: the water runs off.

All three things are waterproof.

Mine too.

Problem is that people have varying different expectations from ‘waterproof’.

My iPhone is waterproof when fully submerged no deeper than 1m for up to 30 minutes.

My gopro housing is waterproof to 60m for hours.

My castore hoodie is also waterproof as evidenced by putting it under the tap: the water runs off.

All three things are waterproof.

Pretty much. I wear mine when it’s raining and the water beads up and rolls right off it. However if I was to wear it in torrential rain I doubt it would keep me dry depending how long I was out in it.

Back