Official Cedric Itten Joins BSC Young Boys

I wish him well and hope he goes on to have a good career. He just didn't suit our style. Seems like a nice guy too.

Farewell sweet prince

When you play a system with one striker and that striker hardly misses a game (aware of that irony now) it is very difficult for anyone to come in and build up match sharpness and confidence whenever called upon, both as substitute and from very rare starts.

Far and away from being a bad signing just timing and bad luck meant it wasn't to be, wish the big man well.

Assuming the fee is the reported £1.5m, I'm happy with that.

All the best Ced, hope to see you at the WC in Qatar.

Tried his best but let's be honest he would have been a waste of £1m never mind the £3m we paid.

This nonsense "he didn't suit our style" "There's a player in there"

Gerrard, the manager in Germany when on loan, Gio obviously realised he wasnt good enough!

Poor player, delighted we actually got some money.

Not Rangers class unfortunately!

Likeable big player but it just never worked out with us. This is a good move for him and a decent bit of buisness for us if earlier quotes are anything to go by.

The Young Boys are very pleased to announce the arrival of striker Cedric Itten: The Swiss international is moving from Europa League finalists Glasgow Rangers to YB and has signed a four-year contract until the summer of 2026.

The 25-year-old attacker, 190 cm tall, has plenty of experience: After making the leap from young talent to player of the 1st team at FC Basel, he also played in the Credit Suisse Super League for Lucerne and St. Gallen before moving to Rangers two years ago. In the Super League, Itten has scored 34 goals and 19 assists in 112 games so far. In the Scottish Premiership he was used 34 times (5 goals, 2 assists); in his loan Bundesliga guest appearance at Greuther Fürth he scored 2 times in 12 games.

Cedric Itten has also left a clear mark on the Swiss national team. His record: 7 appearances, 4 goals.

Christoph Spycher, overall manager of the YB sports department, explains: "We have been in contact with Cedric Itten again and again in recent years and are very pleased that the move has now worked out. He is a great team player who has proven his goal danger in recent years at various clubs and also in the Swiss national team. Like Filip Ugrinic, Cedric Itten is a personality who will fit very well into our team with her sporting and human qualities."

Cedric Itten says: "It is the right time for me to return to Switzerland. I have gained very valuable experience abroad at Glasgow Rangers and Greuther Fürth, which has helped me as a person and player. Now I am looking forward to my time at YB and want to help the club achieve its high goals."

Some decent news, glad to have recouped some of the fee.

Not anywhere near to being good enough. He’s not a target man, he’s not quick, he’s not a poacher, he’s not particularly skilful, a strange signing tbh.

Wish him all the best of course, a nice guy, but had to happen.

I hope we have a decent net cast out for attacking options this summer because at the moment, we only have one reliable forward in the squad. Roofe is injury prone and Sakala is a bit of an enigma, has done ok coming in from wide on occasion but as an out and out forward he looks lost.

Good luck to the lad.he scored one of the most vital goals in the title55 triumph at Ibrox v Motherwell.for most of the rangers support that was the game most of us thought “we are winning this league” nobody can take that away from him.

IMG-20220601-101305.jpg

Fair play. That's a really good move for him and on a good 4 year deal too. He played a part in 55 and we've recouped a fee.

Can't have any complaints at this. Good business overall.

Part of me would like to have seen him have a pre-season working with Makaay but at his age and stage of his career it’s probably the right time to move on.
I truly hope this big lad goes on to have a very successful career and very happy life.

Fair play. That's a really good move for him and on a good 4 year deal too. He played a part in 55 and we've recouped a fee.

Can't have any complaints at this. Good business overall.
Yeah its really good to see players get a good move away instead of their career going down the tubes after a move doesnt work. And getting most of our money back instead of having to release players.

Never quite worked out and goes with my best wishes. Always thought he had more to give and I'm sure he'll have a great career.

Wish him well, it's a great move for him, he knew and we knew that he was wasting his career hanging around here any longer, I'm sure he had a great experience and part of 55 also.

Good luck Big man. Unfortunately didn’t work out for him and he just wasn’t the quality we needed. Hope he has a successful career ahead of him.

Back