Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I sincerely hope that the lawyers submitting claims on behalf of the numerous victims of this clubs sex abuse,are armed and ready with all and more,of the evidence that has appeared on here over the years.
This club needs hit hard and fast and punished to the FULL extent of the law,with no leniency shown by the courts or humza useless justice dept.

Who is this person interviewing?

She did her best to stick to her Hollicom script. Even the opening premise........

In that short clip, you have the presenter trying to use the rule of 3 (saying a lie 3 times in short space of time, people begin to believe it) and then victim shaming.

Honestly one of the worst interviews I've ever heard.

Even as a skilled lawyer, it sounds like his is utterly taken aback by the line of questioning.

Who is this person interviewing?

She did her best to stick to her Hollicom script. Even the opening premise........

In that short clip, you have the presenter trying to use the rule of 3 (saying a lie 3 times in short space of time, people begin to believe it) and then victim shaming.

Honestly one of the worst interviews I've ever heard.

Even as a skilled lawyer, it sounds like his is utterly taken aback by the line of questioning.

Did a quick search and the female in the photo below looks like Isabel Fraser.

imagebb

Of course it was. How can you have an internal investigation and not interview victims? And then a few days later Lyness Malley came to light. That was really a thorough investigation. Wouldn’t you say?
My view of this has always been that the Insurer’s investigation was more to determine if they (they insurer’s) have any liability rather than to establish any wrongdoing (which was a given).

The fact the case is proceeding to court suggests to me that either a. the insurer’s think they have a decent chance of winning (unlikely) or b. They’ve washed their hands of it, told the tims they are own their own and Celtic are being forced to court as they need to do everything to avoid paying out.

BBC interviewer was a disgrace, they appear to be lining up to have a pop at the victims and peddling the separate entity line.
I don't like to compare abuse cases but their tone was disgraceful. I wonder if they would have been so dismissive towards the civil case of the lady raped by David Goodwillie. Would they have asked her if having her life ruined was about money? Not a chance

I think they must have been aware something was brewing, maybe explains their keeness to get involved with the BLM stuff.

A couple of weeks worth of not giving one f**k about the killing in america, but used to make us out to be some kind of neo nazis. Have to admit I was a bit pissed off at some of the posts on here, but I'm glad they did. At least it shows that there is posters who can think for themselves and have an opinion.

Somebody at the top of that club knew what was coming and no doubt tipped off their attack dogs to divert the story away from them. Hard luck.

Yes well we do have the Daily Rhebel and The Scottish Sun in this country who will no doubt be trying to dig some shite up as we speak. Shame on them for not having the balls to take this on.
My view here is that this nothing to do with shame.
To my mind, it’s about protection for the perpetrators and possibly even self protection as well.
Why would any news agency not see this as newsworthy.
It should be a goldmine for them.
As big a story as any they’ve had in my memory.
I’m just too young to know this as fact but, I’ve always believed that, back in the sixties, the Record was pretty much “their” paper and the Labour Party “their party.
We had the Express and the Conservatives.
The Sun and Mail were nothing in Glasgow back then.
(Not exclusively of course)
Could there be damaging links here as well?
That might explain the Record but not why are the others not salivating at the business opportunity this offers?
I know this isn’t you’re remit and definitely not you’re priority.

Edit: You’ve partly answered my question a wee bit later (post 24915).

Last edited:
A wee insight into the average mentally challenged mind,some time back when I was on talking terms with my son in law I said to him all the sexual abuse of children is going come back and haunt your club for years to come your legendary manager is going to be exposed for the liar he was,after all big jock knew what was going on,his reply was ,aye big jock knew,he knew how to win the cup wae the big lugs,disgusting arsehole whom I've not spoken to since.

Quite right GW.

I don't judge people on their religion but, by %^*&, some of these guys make it so apparent
that they are ingrained in it from childhood.

I honestly couldn’t comment on that. Our job was to bring it to the attention to the media outside Scotland as our country is riddled with corruption and Celtic apologists. In the real world they should be shutdown but who knows?
If they and I mean they as in football club,directors,ex players real football fans,real caring parents,media who have played a huge part in this scandal, Scottish Government had any morals they would have dealt with this years ago in fact many decades ago only them can answer that

I sincerely hope that the lawyers submitting claims on behalf of the numerous victims of this clubs sex abuse,are armed and ready with all and more,of the evidence that has appeared on here over the years.
This club needs hit hard and fast and punished to the FULL extent of the law,with no leniency shown by the courts or humza useless justice dept.

Yes, our evidence could blow them away in an hour mate.

Anything less than Thomson's doing this & they have been negligent.

lawwell,mc ginn and kelly (for starters) ,should all be getting doorstopping from plod and taken in for questioning,then charged with "knowingly and willingly,aided abetted an operational paedophile ring within the confines of glasgow celtic fc and its boys clubs both here and abroad.
Furthermore,conspired to conceal and pervert the course of justice by being complicit in covering up the sexual abuse crimes by glasgow celtic fc employees for over 50 years".

Just listened to the clip posted above

Who was the female asking the loaded questions from. BBC Scotland?

Her questions were a disgrace.

Trying to support the ‘separate entity’ lie.

Disgusting to think the victims were young boys and covered up for decades yet her tone and approach was to try and protect the Paedo harbourers and beasts

Phucking disgrace

Who is she?

You're right @Div1872 - we need to find out & do a wee bit of investigation.

EDIT - Isabel Fraser.

Last edited:
That odious creep turns up everywhere! I am sure it is him on the Scottish sun comments pages too. No one in full time employment could spend as much time as he does on social media. An abusive and disgusting little paedo excuser hiding behind his keyboard!

Best ignore idiots like that troll on social media

Last edited:
It’s an issue that we were beginning to get annoyed at. The negative posts are being seen by victims who have been relying on this thread and it was upsetting them to say the least.
We are now starting to see movement with other media outlets taking notice and there will be more to follow. This is a good day for the victims and families but there is still a battle ahead that we’re ready for.
i wonder if there is any way available for admin or an other to filter the constant negative posts before they get posted ,if not can they be removes asap when they do get through, now im certainly not one for censorship in general,but in this regard i think its wholly justified, the constant drips of negativity still pervade even though we have people almost every day asking for people to engage their brains before posting,it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever,and indeed could ultimately lead to people walking away saying they have had enough,(highly unlikely i know) we as a forum have to be 100% behind the group on here and the affected families,so unless posting relevant and positive words of encouragement maybe some people can keep their thoughts to themselves in this instance,and i say this without malice, come on lads cut out the negativity once and for all

Here's hoping for justice for the victims and their families. Hoping but have no faith whatsoever in the justice and legal system in this country.Especially with an absolutely hopeless or even worse unqualified clown as minister of justice. Just cannot have any trust in this man doing his job. Maybe he'll be resigning soon.
If he has the tiniest spark of honesty and decency in him he should retire as he has shown his bigotry by not even acknowledging any of the victims , Justice Minister ? Really ?????

My view of this has always been that the Insurer’s investigation was more to determine if they (they insurer’s) have any liability rather than to establish any wrongdoing (which was a given).

The fact the case is proceeding to court suggests to me that either a. the insurer’s think they have a decent chance of winning (unlikely) or b. They’ve washed their hands of it, told the tims they are own their own and Celtic are being forced to court as they need to do everything to avoid paying out.

Not having read through the whole thread, but insurance is normally on a claims made basis. I.e an act covered in previous years will be covered by the current policy in place, not the policy that was in place at the time of the incident. With this rumbling on for a while, I doubt any insurer would be going near this one with a barge pole, or if they have it will be with a suitable premium to cover any potential awards + more. I’ve little doubt this will not be covered by insurance.

Good luck to Gordon and his fellow victims. They have waited so long for this to begin showing great bravery, tenacity and humility throughout. More than can be said for the enablers. JUSTICE FOR THE VICTIMS!
Hear ! Hear ! Sir , the endurance and determination of the victims will hopefully be rewarded and quite rightly so and kudos to all the FF team who showed the same will and determination to help the victims achieve the justice they so much deserve . Well Done ! to you all !

Not having read through the whole thread, but insurance is normally on a claims made basis. I.e an act covered in previous years will be covered by the current policy in place, not the policy that was in place at the time of the incident. With this rumbling on for a while, I doubt any insurer would be going near this one with a barge pole, or if they have it will be with a suitable premium to cover any potential awards + more. I’ve little doubt this will not be covered by insurance.
Yeah that was my first thought on this too but then why the insurer investigation - surely if there was no abuse cover in place whatsoever then no need to investigate?

Leaning more towards the insurer looking for a breach of abuse conditions (such as failure to report) which is a stick on and that’s before you even consider Celtic actually re-employed one of them.

Yeah that was my first thought on this too but then why the insurer investigation - surely if there was no abuse cover in place whatsoever then no need to investigate?

Leaning more towards the insurer looking for a breach of abuse conditions (such as failure to report) which is a stick on and that’s before you even consider Celtic actually re-employed one of them.

It would've been easier just to look at their 1986 Statement that the claims were 'scurrilous',
and at that time pretty much everyone in Jan Zizka's photos above were already 'in the ring'.

Tells any insurer all they need to know, i'd suggest.

They are 100% complicit in their cover up and I would say that I'd assume the Police were well aware of what was going on at that football club. I'm sure they demoted a high ranking female officer recently for making what they deemed an inappropriate comment regarding the abuse at Celtic.
Correct. This also highlights the mentality of one of her police colleagues (sellik supporter) who actually reported and pursued the matter.

Talking about it with a Celtic fan I know and he had the typical response. How can they sue the club they have no evidence and the boys club is not even connected to the club. They have no shame or sympathy for the people that it has happened too.

I get that nonsense from a mentally challenged i work with. I have all the images from this thread saved that prove they are 1 and the same. I bombard him with them on whatsapp when he starts. Soon clamps them.

You're right @Div1872 - we need to find out & do a wee bit of investigation.

EDIT - Isabel Fraser.

What an absolutely disgusting interview technique from a government employee. Interrupting a lawyer representing Child Sex abuse victims every answer to ask pre-planned questions, including at least 3 times parroting the separate entity lie which the paedo ring have hidden behind for decades.

In any future independent investigation into how one football team was allowed to abuse so many children and cover it up, the BBC needs to be one of the first organisations looked at.

What an absolutely disgusting interview technique from a government employee. Interrupting a lawyer representing Child Sex abuse victims every answer to ask pre-planned questions, including at least 3 times parroting the separate entity lie which the paedo ring have hidden behind for decades.

In any future independent investigation into how one football team was allowed to abuse so many children and cover it up, the BBC needs to be one of the first organisations looked at.

I've already seen history on her pro nationalist stance in relation to an interview with Ian
Davidson KBHB.

BBC were once renowned for their objectivity.

In one of the articles it says Celtic already settled out of court with a previous victim for a substantial amount.

What's the deal with that? I'd never heard of that before and it seems to have gone unnoticed/underreported?

It was in an Edinburgh court, I'm sure.

Wasn't Patrick McGuire from Thompson's Solicitors. It was a female solicitor who I've forgotten the name of.

Found it. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49380349

Back