Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The news today about a senior Scots lawyer - a QC - being found guilty of historical CSA demonstrates that powerful people can be involved in these horrendous events.

Their power and influence in the circles they move in can undoubtedly assist in the cover-up’s that are being identified today. How can a scared, vulnerable victim go up against these people on their own and hope to get justice?

This is where Spotlight deserves immense credit in giving victims a voice and providing support mechanisms to help them get justice for their trauma.

Hopefully, this case is a sign that the tide is turning and that these evil men are going to have to answer for their behaviour even if it is years down the line.

I was told in the summer of 1984 by a prominent catholic lawyer that former Solicitor General John McCluskey liked young lassies.Later that year McCluskey became a Court of Session judge.In 2015 he tried to discredit the evidence of QC Robert Henderson's daughter when she first revealed she had been sexually abused by her father and Nicolas Fairbairn among others .
Now why would McCluskey try to do that .

Why?

P#1 was important to someone....so important they allowed him back and gave him an honourary chairmanship of the BC alongside Jock Stein who was bestowed the same honour.

So important it was reported he had the run of Celtics stadium and barrowfield training ground....so important people held doors open for him.

So why was this man whos boys club has now apparently nothing to do with CFC so revered within the inner circles of the piggery?

Why was he so important he had to be kept around...kept close...made to feel important....no matter what.

Last edited:
Why?

P#1 was important to someone....so important they allowed him back and gave him an honourary chairmanship of the BC alongside Jock Stein who was bestowed the same honour.

So important it was reported he had the run of Celtics stadium and barrowfield training ground....so important people held doors open for him.

So why was this man whos boys club has now apparently nothing to do with CFC so revered within the inner circles of the piggery?

Why was he so important he had to be kept around...kept close...made to feel important....no matter what.

Kinda like their modern day equivalent of a Jeffrey Epstein.

What hold did he have on the celtic fc decision makers.

Why?

Follow the money.

The BBC report, here, states: "The female rape victim told how her father - who was also a lawyer - took her to see Watt at a house in Edinburgh. She was aged seven when the abuse began. The woman, now aged 55, recalled being given an "instruction" by her father before being left alone with Watt".

I like to think of myself as a rational person, and not given to violence - but if the "instruction" means what I assume it means, then I'd have no compunction about giving that wee girl's father what he deserves.

Follow the money.

I dont think they will have kept reciepts for this particular trail.

Their home attendance figures was a running gag on sportscene or scotsport at the time ..i cant remember which show it was.

Someone or some people were skimming the gate money thats for sure...and thats where P#1 comes in.

You just could not just suddenly be a millionaire by flogging tacky plastic trinkets.

I dont think they will have kept reciepts for this particular trail.

Their home attendance figures was a running gag on sportscene or scotsport at the time ..i cant remember which show it was.

Someone or some people were skimming the gate money thats for sure...and thats where P#1 comes in.

You just could not just suddenly be a millionaire by flogging tacky plastic trinkets.
Should have said, follow the money P#1 paid to people, including when he was in prison.

The BBC report, here, states: "The female rape victim told how her father - who was also a lawyer - took her to see Watt at a house in Edinburgh. She was aged seven when the abuse began. The woman, now aged 55, recalled being given an "instruction" by her father before being left alone with Watt".

I like to think of myself as a rational person, and not given to violence - but if the "instruction" means what I assume it means, then I'd have no compunction about giving that wee girl's father what he deserves.
What greater betrayal can there be from a Parent or Mentor than to abuse, or allow to be abused, a child in your care?
In any reasonable society there would be zero tolerance of the vile people who perpetrate such crimes and even less, if that’s possible, for those who protect them from justice, including Solicitors who draft non disclosure agreements in the full knowledge that the purpose of the document is to shield criminal actions and effectively facilitate the repeat of the crime.

Last edited:
What greater betrayal can there be from a Parent or Mentor than to abuse, or allow to be abused, a child in your care?
In any reasonable society there would be zero tolerance of the vile people who perpetrate such crimes and even less, if that’s possible, for those who protect them from justice, including Solicitors who draft non disclosure agreements in the full knowledge that the purpose of the document is to shield criminal actions and effectively facilitate the repeat of the crime.
Exactly Pal, and don't forget either we have ex players scared to come forward because they have family that would dissown them and that is another true story

It's the " Point Scoring " bit from all of them that gets to me
No admitting that their club should at least say sorry they all actually believe what happened there is similar to what happened nearly everywhere else
Along with the point scoring theme they try, ive also had from them, too disgusting a subject to bring up. We can't talk about that. How dare you bring that up!

All those years of doing this covering up and hiding are about to bring them all crashing down with a hard, honest and despicable truth! Justice will prevail in the end and let's hope its soon

It's the " Point Scoring " bit from all of them that gets to me
No admitting that their club should at least say sorry they all actually believe what happened there is similar to what happened nearly everywhere else
Or the "think of the victims". We shouldn't be talking about this as it drags it all back up for the victims.

If that were truly the case nothing would ever get to court if no one talked about it.

The news today about a senior Scots lawyer - a QC - being found guilty of historical CSA demonstrates that powerful people can be involved in these horrendous events.

Their power and influence in the circles they move in can undoubtedly assist in the cover-up’s that are being identified today. How can a scared, vulnerable victim go up against these people on their own and hope to get justice?

This is where Spotlight deserves immense credit in giving victims a voice and providing support mechanisms to help them get justice for their trauma.

Hopefully, this case is a sign that the tide is turning and that these evil men are going to have to answer for their behaviour even if it is years down the line.

The enablers who know and do nothing are just as bad they empower these filthy b@$tard$ to keep raping and assaulting young kids they should also be jailed for it.

I guess an NDA is the same as the confessional.

The enablers who know and do nothing are just as bad they empower these filthy b@$tard$ to keep raping and assaulting young kids they should also be jailed for it.
I would go further and say they are worse, the offenders must have something wrong with them to find a child sexually attractive and carry out the rape of a child. The enablers are making a conscious decision to cover these depraved acts. Both should be treated the same in court and when found guilty should receive the same sentence.
Hopefully when the dam burst we start to see the enablers appearing in court to get their just deserts.

Along with the point scoring theme they try, ive also had from them, too disgusting a subject to bring up. We can't talk about that. How dare you bring that up!

All those years of doing this covering up and hiding are about to bring them all crashing down with a hard, honest and despicable truth! Justice will prevail in the end and let's hope its soon
And there in lies the tale,don't speak of atrocities and they will disappear?
Scum of the earth constitutionally decide what is lawful and what is not?
Above the law of the land, shameful behaviour encouraged by indoctrination
A cancerous cult delivering debauchery and degradation and all in the name of sport
Still we the majority have to put up with the cancerous minority.

I was told in the summer of 1984 by a prominent catholic lawyer that former Solicitor General John McCluskey liked young lassies.Later that year McCluskey became a Court of Session judge.In 2015 he tried to discredit the evidence of QC Robert Henderson's daughter when she first revealed she had been sexually abused by her father and Nicolas Fairbairn among others .
Now why would McCluskey try to do that .
John McCluskey who resigned as a director of Fairbridge in Scotland on the same date that Torbett did exactly the same thing.
That John McCluskey?
The Fairbridge in Scotland that took "disturbed youngsters" for overnight stays in London, in a mini bus driven by Jim McCafferty.
Jim McCafferty who trafficked youths to England into the clutches of Barry Bennel.
Jim McCafferty Celtc kitman at the same time Torbett ran CBC.
That Jim McCafferty?
Move along nothing to see here.

I am your common five eighths punter who can join these facts together, but the polis, legal authorities and politicians refuse to investigate or become involved in any meaningful way.
Scotland has lost all moral compass, and I am ashamed of the country I live in.

John McCluskey who resigned as a director of Fairbridge in Scotland on the same date that Torbett did exactly the same thing.
That John McCluskey?
The Fairbridge in Scotland that took "disturbed youngsters" for overnight stays in London, in a mini bus driven by Jim McCafferty.
Jim McCafferty who trafficked youths to England into the clutches of Barry Bennel.
That Jim McCafferty?

I am your common five eighths punter who can join these facts together, but the polis, legal authorities and politicians refuse to investigate or become involved in any meaningful way.
That, in itself, is scandalous.

Some will even go as far as defending the perpetrators linked to that club. We know who some of these individuals are.
Defending them, taking their side, over their own kids then denying it, hiding it, covering it up and doing nothing about it.
The thing is, if you or I smacked one of their kids in the mouth, they’d be going mental and want to fight you.
The exact response I’d expect but, when these same kids are sexually assaulted, nothing.

There were many enablers. They knew and said nothing.
One thing Spotlight has in our possession will show the Scottish justice system for what it is.
We can’t just show it. We have to go through the proper channels with what we have.
No matter what happens we will show it one day with a timeline.

I remember there was a kick up in the 80s about homosexual judges, the Magic Circle. I got the impression at the time it was not just consensual gay sex. There seemed to be more to it than that.

Wasn't there some sort of police scandal, I remember the word Fettesgate being thrown about, some sort of police enquiry that was botched accidently or otherwise.

I wonder if our friend McCluskey was involved?

That John McCluskey?
That Jim McCafferty?

The problem is people of influence in the police, legal authorities and politicians are knee deep in this f@#!ing disgrace, it continually gets covered up and played over and over scum of the earth may all involved in the abuse of innocent kids rot in hell!!!!

There were many enablers. They knew and said nothing.
One thing Spotlight has in our possession will show the Scottish justice system for what it is.
We can’t just show it. We have to go through the proper channels with what we have.
No matter what happens we will show it one day with a timeline.
I hope you've got multiple copies of all the evidence in different locations, physical and digital. Don't want anything to go missing and for any of them to slink away.

I hope you've got multiple copies of all the evidence in different locations, physical and digital. Don't want anything to go missing and for any of them to slink away.
I wouldn't worry on that count, I'm sure the guys have that covered. For a group of amatures carrying out an investigation such as this I'd bet it's the most professional job this country has ever seen.

I remember there was a kick up in the 80s about homosexual judges, the Magic Circle. I got the impression at the time it was not just consensual gay sex. There seemed to be more to it than that.

Wasn't there some sort of police scandal, I remember the word Fettesgate being thrown about, some sort of police enquiry that was botched accidently or otherwise.

I wonder if our friend McCluskey was involved?
Not implausible that some of those in positions of legal power may have been involved in it especially when you factor in the last paragraph about an immunity deal being reached with a "man close to the city's gay criminal underworld"

The problem is people of influence in the police, legal authorities and politicians are knee deep in this f@#!ing disgrace, it continually gets covered up and played over and over scum of the earth may all involved in the abuse of innocent kids rot in hell!!!!
i worked with a female colleague who’s sister, joined the newly formed,
”Childrens Panel” away back decades ago. One of the things that the sister couldn’t get away with was the sexual abuse children got in as many different forms from so called professionals! Those were the type of people you were supposed to never question, on reflection what a joke.

Ahhh the old offended by the subject matter but not the crimes themselves. Come across a lot of that attitude. Their excuses are so easily swatted to the side if you can remotely think for yourself.

I wouldn't worry on that count, I'm sure the guys have that covered. For a group of amatures carrying out an investigation such as this I'd bet it's the most professional job this country has ever seen.

The impression I get with the way they operate and the information they make available is that they’re far from amateur but I get what you’re saying.

We know it won’t - but it should make the so called professionals take a long hard look at themselves. They’re complicit as far as I’m concerned - and I’ve no doubt there’s evidence to prove it.

Back