Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

How many of their employees are now going through (or have been through) the prison/court system?, I remember reading about two being deported from other countries (Peru & Thailand i think) but can't find the news stories

Just listened to Nicky Campbell on BBC news talking about the abuse he and others suffered at Edinburgh Academy in the 70’s. Is there any section of society that has’nt suffered by these perverts?

Great to see it highlighted like this but begs the question when are the Club that abused their own over 70 bloody years get the same coverage?

I can only guess how the victims are feeling and the effect it has in their lives.

I’ve copied this from your bigger post (41954) because it’s a message that every Sellik fan should have rammed down their throat.
I started winding up my Sellik supporting brother in law, a decent enough guy outwith football, and, the crux of his defence, after an hour of debate, was pretty much “separate entity until proven different”.
(Apart from that a judge has already ruled this out)
So, I said to him, “that’s the best part of an hour you’ve been protecting your club and not a word from you regarding the victims.”
“Protect the club at all costs is all we hear from Sellik supporters, never a thought about the kids, the victims.”
“Tell me this” I said pointing to his son, “what if it were him?”
“Just remember, there are well over 200 “hims” and God knows how many more weren’t and haven’t been allowed to come forward.”
I haven’t convinced him but I wasn’t really expecting to.

That's them in a nutshell Tazza.

If they can't even show respect for the ex celtic players that lost their lives in WW1 then they will never admit to what happened at their club.

The facts can't continue to be ignored.

Just listened to Nicky Campbell on BBC news talking about the abuse he and others suffered at Edinburgh Academy in the 70’s. Is there any section of society that has’nt suffered by these perverts?

Great to see it highlighted like this but begs the question when are the Club that abused their own over 70 bloody years get the same coverage?

I can only guess how the victims are feeling and the effect it has in their lives.
A wee bump after seeing Nicky talking openly about his abuse on BBC 1 there.

We’ve noticed on the thread recently that there are posters who were involved in playing at Eastercraigs.
Spotlight would like to know if the name Eddie Sutton means anything to anyone?
Could I please request that you do not reply to us directly on the open thread, but to contact either myself or @Grigo Yossarian privately.
Any help, no matter how small you think it is would be greatly appreciated.

Let's never forget the lives that they destroyed,a young lad trying to take a football career up was swiftly took away and they young lads still live in torment.

Jail time is too good for them however we wait on a proper sentence,nice to see that Torbett is going down and i'm very hopeful that Cairney will follow soon.

Being terrified scared and alone as a youngster when all you were doing was chasing your dream is horrifying. They are evil scum that are being helped to cover it up by more evil scum in high places.
What we’re up against here is a very well organised ring. Those that have followed Spotlight will know we have uncovered more than anyone. Even the police.
We will continue to fight for justice. These brave gentlemen coming forward have to be heard. Spotlight will stand with them and assist them in any way we can.

What we’re up against here is a very well organised ring. Those that have followed Spotlight will know we have uncovered more than anyone. Even the police.
We will continue to fight for justice. These brave gentlemen coming forward have to be heard. Spotlight will stand with them and assist them in any way we can.
Spotlight are a beacon in the battle against child sex abuse. Their work to uncover the evidence is to be praised. Their agenda is clear and is not biased in any way, justice for the victims is paramount. In Spotlight we trust.

They kept up the pressure about stripping our titles when we had tax problems.

The same logic should be applied to them. They were using money they should have been paying out in compensation. Money they got from sponsors etc.

In a real country they may even have been shut down.
If we are talking about financial irregularities and in effect (tax evasion) then you need look no further than their celebrated smudging of gate attendances.

How that money was syphoned off over the years and into the directors pockets through a certain "trophy" business doesn't need Poirot to join the dots.

If we are talking about financial irregularities and in effect (tax evasion) then you need look no further than their celebrated smudging of gate attendances.

How that money was syphoned off over the years and into the directors pockets through a certain "trophy" business doesn't need Poirot to join the dots.
This is true but would now be very hard to prove. Our media would not go after them on this.

This delay on Cairney could be down to any number of things.
What we can tell you is Spotlight have recently handed over more evidence on this individual.
Evidence that has definitely been handed to the correct authorities to view. We will definitely release this at the correct time.
Spotlight are in constant dialogue with the correct people.

This delay on Cairney could be down to any number of things.
What we can tell you is Spotlight have recently handed over more evidence on this individual.
Evidence that has definitely been handed to the correct authorities to view. We will definitely release this at the correct time.
Spotlight are in constant dialogue with the correct people.
That animal should just be put down for what he has done.

The Church of Rome is the most repulsive enabler of sexual abuse that is a FACT The sooner this is exposed and justice is served the better Well done Spotlight
9lDo49a.jpeg

I see there’s a CSA scandal kicking off with Hockey Canada, global revulsion towards this heinous crime is (quite rightly) growing. Tick-tock celtic, your day is coming.
It won't be highlighted by our media. They don't want to get anywhere near it in case there's a backlash against the scum.

I keep seeing Nicky Campbell going on about abuse at his school yet he has never commented on CFC is this due to his employers being the BBC?
I’ve noticed over the years that there is more than one attitude to child abuse.
There is one committed by Saville and the like.
Incredibly heinous crime.
Vile, disgusting, unforgivable, he should be hanged for what he done.
Anybody who has committed crimes like this needs a life sentence, if not executed on the spot.
Then there is the one committed by officials of Celtic Football Club or their boys club, which just cannot be spoken about.
FFS, even the RC church have had movies made about their crimes.
I’ve always been a bit bamboozled about the approach taken with each culprit.

Why you think they get into the priesthood in the first place
Exactly this.

It's not rocket science.

If you'd been raised in schools/religions/sporting clubs where every man and his dog knew what was happening... Then you got older and realised you wanted to do the same thing... And you couldn't control your urges... What would you become?

The most obvious choice is a Catholic priest. Sporting institutions where you can make or break a childs dreams would be an other obvious place to carry out such horrific crimes.

What always baffles me is how much their community sticks up for their priests and football coaches. They were abusing the children of their community and everyone knows it, including their employers (who re-employed known abusers). How can mothers for instance, including those of abused children, want to keep quiet to protect the "good name" of the club/church?

Absolutely bewildering. Complete and utter scum.

Back