Change to Junior Ticket Upgrading.

McRod

Hi All,

I rang the TO today to upgrade my sons junior season ticket to an adult so a friend can use it V Aberdeen. (We`re away for the weekend...yeah Blackpool :D )

The woman on the phone informed me that the junoir smartcard will now be activated for an adult (it`ll turn green instead of orange).

This is the 4th time i`ve upgraded this season and the 3 previous times, i was sent out a paper ticket. She says due to the problems with paper tickets this will be system for the forseeable future.

I hope they keep this new system as it makes far more sense.

Just a heads up.

Hi All,

I rang the TO today to upgrade my sons junior season ticket to an adult so a friend can use it V Aberdeen. (We`re away for the weekend...yeah Blackpool :D )

The woman on the phone informed me that the junoir smartcard will now be activated for an adult (it`ll turn green instead of orange).

This is the 4th time i`ve upgraded this season and the 3 previous times, i was sent out a paper ticket. She says due to the problems with paper tickets this will be system for the forseeable future.

Just a heads up.

Had similar issues and thankfully they seem to have changed it. I wish there was an option to upgrade online though.

Hi All,

Just a heads up.

Thankfully common sense prevailing.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I don't know the ins and outs of how these systems work but common sense would suggest it's far easier and cheaper to upgrade the smart cars rather than printing and posting tickets. Surely this will be a perm solution.

I don't know the ins and outs of how these systems work but common sense would suggest it's far easier and cheaper to upgrade the smart cars rather than printing and posting tickets. Surely this will be a perm solution.

I think it prob will be mate. The printing of paper tickets for upgrades was probably just part of the snagging/teething problems of the new system.

Thank goodness saves mad dashes to Ibrox on Thursday if my step son can’t make and I upgrade and take my dad !!

I hope this is the case as the paper tickets are a real hit and miss.
I can see why people don’t bother

Who polices the use of juvenile tickets, particularly given they are, presumably, trying to reduce the stewarding via the new technology?

Am I missing something here? I’ve been upgrading my sons junior ticket for years and all it took was a phone call to the ticket office, card details taken over the phone and his smart card was activated for an adult, not once have I needed a paper ticket.

Am I missing something here? I’ve been upgrading my sons junior ticket for years and all it took was a phone call to the ticket office, card details taken over the phone and his smart card was activated for an adult, not once have I needed a paper ticket.
Yeah new system since the new cards went in as they have a bar code.
I’ve upgraded 3 times this season but a concession to an adult and it’s a pain in the arse.
I spoke to someone in the ticket office about the system and a supervisor left a message for me saying the new system couldn’t cope with a change of coding.
I’ve said all along, if they need a change of bar code it should be something you can either show on your phone to show you’ve paid or print at home as this system will be more abused not less due to the inconvenience.

What must the cost be for a smart card??? Surely when you register for tickets you could have the cost of it put on top of your 1st ticket or the club could pay it off the cost? Obviously depending on costs

That used to be how it was with the old entry system. But this season every game so far has been paper tickets if you upgrade

Good news. Upgrades with the previous system were on to the smartcards.
I've upgraded one of my ST's for every game so far and the paper tickets were becoming a pain in the arse.
Hopefully an online upgrade option isn't far away. Crazy that it's not available yet.

I’ve upgraded a junior smartcard in the Govan Front. Can anyone tell me what an adult ticket vs the sheep would normally cost in there please? Thought it was £32 but the guy on the phone from the TO said £36! Thought that was a bit excessive.

Back