Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

I think this might be my first game - Dunfermline, October 1968. (Dunfermline were Scottish Cup holders and reached ECWC semi-final that season).
Jardine playing Centre Forward scored our second goal that day (Persson got the first).
Alex Ferguson came off the bench (replacing Persson) and added a third in a 3-0 win.
Twelve days later we signed a proper Centre Forward in Colin Stein.

FVc_DanWYAAFYWH
Nigel Winterburn testimonial I think

I was going to ask if that was the first league game at Ibrox under Souness v Dun Utd. Beautiful day, some wonderful play in the first half and two goals to the good and then it turned to mush.

But I doubt we wore those socks that season.

I had a look on youtube and we were wearing red socks that day.

I was in the Front Govan. As you say a beautiful day. Certainly was a game of two halves.

I’m usually good at old football stadiums but struggling here.
Somerset Park ?
I think you are right. John Greig had a cut injury to his chin from around the Sporting Lisbon tie in October 1971 and he did not shave the beard off until after Barcelona. Ball boy wearing a black / dark tracksuit which would also suggest it is Ayr. I remember the defeat at Tynecastle that year which was earlier in the season.

I think you are right. John Greig had a cut injury to his chin from around the Sporting Lisbon tie in October 1971 and he did not shave the beard off until after Barcelona. Ball boy wearing a black / dark tracksuit which would also suggest it is Ayr. I remember the defeat at Tynecastle that year which was earlier in the season.
Some excellent detective work there TMC :))

Met Jimmy Caskie in the 70's, he owned a Hotel & pub on Scarborough's south bay called 'The Lancaster' Rangers crest proudly displayed on the wall. Total Gent and very proud to be a Ranger.
I'm sure he played in the St Johnstone side who papped the yahoos out of the SC at the cesspit before WW2. Nineteen Thirty-six I think.

Back