Colak - no doubt he's our main striker now

Did more in 15 mins than Morelos did in 75 mins and was very unlucky not to score.

Has to start next week at Ibrox, looking more and more likely that Morelos time with us is approaching the end. Barely any service today but he looked disinterested and showed how not to play the lone striker role.

Colak did well and only a good tackle from Milner and a good save stopped time scoring. 11 goals as well this season, has to play every week now.
Colak is definitely first pick but I think if Morelos had Sakala and Matondo alongside him I think he would have had a few more chances. Would love to see the manager starting with both!

So many of our fans don't understand football. Blaming the striker when he has no service and the midfield is non existent. Learn to watch Football matches properly and actually watch the game as it unfolds.
Nobodys blaming him. Not one person.

Learn to read posts and then reply.

I would have had Alfie on the right over Tillman and Colak in the middle. I had this opinion when the line up was announced. I want to see them both in the same side.

Edit** Mainly cos I know that Tsimikas (ex-Olympiakos player that I know very well) would have struggled to contain Alfie, but he had Tillman's number all night.

Last edited:
Short memories or just able to look beyond the Morelos of 3 seasons ago?
last season he was bullying really good defenders in europe if the full team give it a go

when the forward is 35 years away from there support there hardly gonna be a attack

coloak got 2 chances on a plated with the service of sakala and matondo

personally i think artfield should have started to get forwatd and support alfi and sakali instead of tillman, who after a great start is worse then a guy down out wide right

Did more in 15 mins than Morelos did in 75 mins and was very unlucky not to score.

Has to start next week at Ibrox, looking more and more likely that Morelos time with us is approaching the end. Barely any service today but he looked disinterested and showed how not to play the lone striker role.

Colak did well and only a good tackle from Milner and a good save stopped time scoring. 11 goals as well this season, has to play every week now.
He did more in that time because we changed the set up to a more attacking one, when Colak was on. Morelos had three defenders around him constantly.

Morelos can only hold the ball up if players come and support him. If we play 5 at the back and have a lot of very slow players on the park it makes it difficult. We also never really got the ball to him. The plan tonight was fundimentaly flawed. Tillman isn't right for these games, that's not his fault he's being hung out to dry playing out on the right in this type of game. The tactics are wrong.

People judge games mentally, someone comes on at the end of a game, does ok, now it's obvious he should have started . He would have been starved for service just like Morelos if he started

What a load of absolute shite.

Monumental shite.
I think you need to go back and look at what teams Morelos scored against in Europe fella. Absolute nonsense. Colak would have been
a passenger In the first 65 minutes tonight because there was no service to speak of, at all.

There’s nothing that Morelos can do that colak cannot.

The fantasy of Morelos in peoples heads was beating up poor, poor sides like Rapid Vienna and Shkupi. This is a different level.
Absolutely crazy take

Call yourself a Rangers fan o_O

Is say Morelos is our main striker but Colak is in great form and shouldn’t have been dropped tonight.

What it does show, however, is that Gio either has zero confidence in his abilities to pick an attacking side or he doesn’t trust certain players to perform in the white hot heat of CL football.

Gio looks almost completely out of his depth. And if it isn’t him who’s out of it, then his iPad loving assistant might be floundering a tad.

Tactics were wrong attacking-wise, and the personnel choices were wrong in hindsight.

At least we know that we will get a tune out of Matondo out left, and Sakala is good value for more minutes. What tonight’s performance also tells me is that Barisic should be shipped in the first window we get. He was abysmal for me. So rigid and timid again. We were made to look like little boys for most of that game.

Probably harsh but even if he is isolated. Those chances in the match that he gets to hold the ball up, like he got a few times in the first half, he needs to do a lot better with the touch and pass to his teammates. The level in the champions league means that he needs to be much better than he was tonight.

Colak played while we had 3 in midfield and 2 actual wingers playing.

Tonight not exactly the best game to compare the two. Earlier in the season it was the opposite where Morelos did more in short time than Colak did. We have 2 very different but very good strikers, neither of them would have done anything in that first 75 minutes when the set up meant they were isolated.

Morelos had zero support colak came on when they were up 2nil missed a sitter…to say he’s our #1 after that game is harsh… if GIO played them both up front at least in domestic matches we win the league in a trot…
Not about to dismiss alphie and have really appreciated how Colak has come on from his 1st 2 matches

People are getting way to excited about 10-15 mins where Liverpool dropped a level or 2.

Colak should have scored 2. No idea why he took a touch for his 2nd chance...absolutely crazy. I love him domestically but if people are thinking this game would have gone much different had Colak started or even if Matondo and Sakhala also started then they are living in lala land.
The only thing that would have been different is Sakhala would have worked his arse off whereas Tillman just simply isn't interested in playing on the right.
Personally I’m basing it off his other matches.

Domestically I think he’s the man outside Celtic games

Morelos in Europe.

Could cause a headache when we’re out of europe mind

I would have had Alfie on the right over Tillman and Colak in the middle. I had this opinion when the line up was announced. I want to see them both in the same side.

Edit** Mainly cos I know that Tsimikas (ex-Olympiakos player that I know very well) would have struggled to contain Alfie, but he had Tillman's number all night.
He's far too slow to play on the right side of our team.

Ha ha, seriously folk having a go at Morelos about tonight’s performance, do those slating him expect him to do a pele in escape to victory, “I do this, this, this this this goal”
some folk need to catch a grip,embarrassing stuff

The justification by fans for Morelos was that he’s better at hold up and link up.

When Morelos is at it, I’d agree with that.

He’s miles off his decent level therefore for me, Colak is the main striker now.

Difficult to judge Morelos when the whole team failed to show up tonight or even provide him the ball.

so Dortmund last season when he was getting rave reviews and nominations for uefa player of the year is in peoples heads
Last season for every Dortmund there was a Belgrade away and Brondby away poor performance from him.

2019 is the last time he was proper firing consistently for about 4 months then after Xmas we got the ugly version of Morelos. It’s been the same repetitive scenario every season he’s been with us only in recent years his golden spell isn’t close to that of 2019.

Personally I’d like to try and play Morelos and Colak together. Gio seems stubborn though and won’t do it.

And based on that, IMO we cannot have a clinical finisher and match winner sitting on the bench every week so for me Colak has to be our number 1 striker.

I would have started Čolak, but the problems were bigger than Alfie not being on it. It's tough to criticise him when we struggled to play a couple of passes anywhere on the pitch, never mind up top. Čolak starting makes little difference imo.

The justification by fans for Morelos was that he’s better at hold up and link up.

When Morelos is at it, I’d agree with that.

He’s miles off his decent level therefore for me, Colak is the main striker now.
Morelos was poor tonight, but has the manager given him enough match time to have the right to expect Alfie to do the job he is being asked of him?
Plus either side of him he had the nonevent that is Ryan Jack (sorry forgot about the odd superfluous step over) and a kid who was in the wrong position and out of his depth maybe because of it.

Colak certainly got more support and movement from Sakala and Matondo and the midfield began to operate better with Jack and Kamara there.

To be honest I think Colak should have got his shot away on the edge of the box late on which is weird as he seemed to be a one touch and finish guy!

On Morelos, that was the right call to start with him, he was great against Napoli and I think it’s horses for courses and it’s east to say Colak did better but he didn’t have motondo and Sakala on for him (Kent and Tillman were anonymous for Alfie tonight).

I think Uefa Player of the Year might be in your head to be fair
my mistake was player of the week

''
ALFREDO MORELOS has been nominated for the Europa League Player of the Week award after his excellent performance against Borussia Dortmund last night.

The Colombian scored the second goal of the night as Rangers beat the Bundesliga giants 4-2 in Germany.

The strike was the 25-year-old's 28th goal in 54 European games for the Ibrox side.
It was a famous result for the Scottish champions which now gives them a great chance of progressing to the last 16 of the competition ahead of the return fixture next week.''
''

I love Alfie, but tonight I made a point of watching him when we are out of posession. He was sooo slow I concluded he is either extremely unfit or couldnt be bothered moving. Colak on the otherhand was fast, fit and looked hungry. I think Gio got the team and tactics wrong tonight.

The irony, of course, is that had Morelos done what Colak did with his 2 chances - there would have been a thread on here saying hes shite.

Some amount of absolute roasters in our support. Why not appreciate both. Colak will start against St Mirren and rightly so, but fcuk knows how anyone can find fault with Morelos when he was given that level of service tonight.

Last edited:
There’s nothing that Morelos can do that colak cannot.

The fantasy of Morelos in peoples heads was beating up poor, poor sides like Rapid Vienna and Shkupi. This is a different level.
Alfie did it v Benfica, Porto, Dortmund etc. Aye he's pure shite. Have a fucking word with yourself. :)

We now have two decent Strikers that deserve playing time.

Unlucky not to score? He hammered his best chance straight at the keeper and dithered on the ball trying to tee it up when he should have struck it first time. He also had more support with two wingers whereas Alfie was trying to play hold up o; his own.

Morelos used to be great up front - if he got service - at hold up play and setting up scoring plays, but he was never the instinctive poacher that we all wanted. We had Bassey and Aribo then. Now we have Colak, who is a fantastic poacher/box striker, but he doesn't do as much off the ball. I love both players - why can't we find ways to make them both effective?

Back