Compston, Thompson and Capaldi IRA chanting

I fully understand why you are saying re:the BBC but shows such as LIne of Duty etc that he srats is , make the BBC a fortune in over seas sales etc and they, I wouldnt think would drop him for that reason. His character in Line of Duty for example ( if they bring it back) is an important charcter to that show. All other BBC shows he has made have also made them cash and been big hits.

My last word on this and I appreciate your efforts in this thread in keeping it tight, not easy.
My take on your argument is that if this is the case and that he continues to be a BBC poster bhoy then other organisations will continue to use him.
If he remains in the limelight and the BBC endorse and employ him then they will think that he's "okay" to deal with.
Is the BBC brick at the bottom of the Jenga stack?
In the long term I think that it may well be.

My last word on this and I appreciate your efforts in this thread in keeping it tight, not easy.
My take on your argument is that if this is the case and that he continues to be a BBC poster bhoy then other organisations will continue to use him.
If he remains in the limelight and the BBC endorse and employ him then they will think that he's "okay" to deal with.
Is the BBC brick at the bottom of the Jenga stack?
In the long term I think that it may well be.
Again, I honestly do get what you are saying but, money talks for the BBC and they can reply on the excuse of " Oh , he's employed by a production company, not us" as a get out of jail as, technically his contract will be with the production company.

The thing about targeting everything he has been in with regards BBC shows and future BBC shows as,, there will be people down South that wont know he is a rabid IRA supporter but ,Social Media is there to inform them and maybe think again about watching and the plus point for that is viewer number will go down and then the byproduct for that could be he may become a tainted actor and hopefully works dries up for him.

Last edited:
I fully understand why you are saying re:the BBC but, shows such as Line of Duty etc that the rat is in , makes the BBC a fortune in overseas sales etc and they,(The BBC) I think ,wouldnt drop him for that reason. His character in Line of Duty for example ( if they bring it back) is an important character to that show. All other BBC shows he has made have also made them cash and been big hits.
You're not seriously suggesting the BBC couldn't replace that talentless embarrassment in a heartbeat.

Yes I dare say line of duty has made them money but that's more credit to the script writing than this bigoted wee scrote's ham acting. Also, he plays a cockney ffs, there is a conveyor of English actors better suited to that role who could take over the character role seamlessly.

Dropping the cnut is exactly what should happen given the progressive animal today's BBC has become.

You're not seriously suggesting the BBC couldn't replace that talentless embarrassment in a heartbeat.

Yes I dare say line of duty has made them money but that's more credit to the script writing than this bigoted wee scrote's ham acting. Also, he plays a cockney ffs, there is a conveyor of English actors better suited to that role who could take over the character role seamlessly.

Dropping the cnut is exactly what should happen given the progressive animal today's BBC has become.
I'm not saying he's a great actor ( far from it) but , have you never seen the social media pictures of him with the writer of Line of Duty and the other main stars? There are a 4 some that are a tight unit and are all mates. He is never getting dropped from that show ever and the only way he would , would be his character dies in it.

They are also technically correct that he isn't directly employed by them but by a Production company that makes the show.

I'm not saying he's a great actor ( far from it) but , have you never seen the social media pictures of him with the writer of Line of Duty and the other main stars? There are a 4 some that are a tight unit and are all mates. He is never getting dropped from that show ever and the only way he would , would be his character dies in it.

They are also technically correct that he isn't directly employed by them but by a Production company that makes the show.
Yeah I understand that mate, I do.

If however his "mask slip moments" were given the exposure it should have had, then maybe auntie beeb would have a decision to make and there's nothing his luvie mates could have done about it.

As is always the case with one of that mob, the situation has been entirely predictable unfortunately. Where others have been hounded (and for less) to the point where they become toxic, this whole episode has been a total non story, easily batted away by his p r people and swept under the carpet.

Look let's all fight on ALL fronts regardless of who is right or wrong.
But let's fight.
WATP

Taken from Facebook. Another reminder,if needed, of the IRA's sectarian history and with regards to UNICEF the victims were all vulnerable children

Almost 100 years to the day, Wednesday 28 June, 1922, the IRA’s No 3 Clifden Battalion, burned the Boys Protestant Orphanage in Clifden leaving 33 orphans homeless until rescued by two Royal Navy ships. National amnesia about sectarianism means there is no memorial marking the victims of this degraded deed.

Excellent post.

Look let's all fight on ALL fronts regardless of who is right or wrong.
But let's fight.
WATP
Good luck with the BBC but, the fact that some just cannot stay on message and focus on this thread and the actual point, instead of arguing with each other has sickened me so , even though I've worked pretty hard on social media and email on this..I'm out!

I just wanted us to work together and split the work up and for example

GCU
People say who they are and what they had done and at certain times keep hitting them with emails and social media all at set times. This keeps happening until GCU agree to strip him from his Doctor of Letters. A mass of people constantly hitting their social media and email would hurt them and they would get sick and tired of it so would be forced in to dealing with it

UNICEF
Do the same as above until they agree to stop using him for Soccer Aid and Soccer aid promo

But, as I said, good luck with your way of dealing with this and the BBC..

Last edited:
Good luck with the BBC but, the fact that some just cannot stay on message and focus on this thread and the actual point, instead of arguing with each other has sickened me so , even though I've worked pretty hard on social media and email on this..I'm out!

I just wanted us to work together and split the work up and for example

GCU
People say who they are and what they had done and at certain times keep hitting them with emails and social media all at set times. This keeps happening until GCU agree to strip him from his Doctor of Letters. A mass of people constantly hitting their social media and email would hurt them and they would get sick and tired of it so would be forced in to dealing with it

UNICEF
Do the same as above until they agree to stop using him for Soccer Aid and Soccer aid promo

But, as I said, good luck with your way of dealing with this and the BBC..
I'm in the process of contacting all 3.
At the end of the day we can only give it our individual best and hope that collective weight achieves something.
People will always have different views and ways of doing things.
Part of people's ire with Compston is that this highlights the double standards that are prevalent in all aspects of society. So as unhelpful as it is its going to occur.Maybe the mods could start to delete some off topic posts.I know that they have in the past.

I'm in the process of contacting all 3.
At the end of the day we can only give it our individual best and hope that collective weight achieves something.
People will always have different views and ways of doing things.
Part of people's ire with Compston is that this highlights the double standards that are prevalent in all aspects of society. So as unhelpful as it is its going to occur.Maybe the mods could start to delete some off topic posts.I know that they have in the past.
Mate, people doing things individually is fine and I, myself have written emails to everyone I can think of with this. For me, however, social media mass hits really hurt organisations badly with regards PR as, the traffic for them then shows who they are associated with, thus everytime UNICEF is posted with Martin Compston then, these links associating him with the pro IRA support would also come up and it would have looked particularly bad had we all did a massive hit on UNICEF with the links and in particular this link

Organising that at certain times would have been great and continued to do it so,we all hit GCU and then we all hit UNICEF and keep going with this method until they drop him as they are sick of the bad PR but, doesn't matter now.

I've been trying to keep this thread focused pretty much since the start and now, here we are at page 41 and no further forward because we cant get organised and folk wont work as a team .

.Its up to posters themselves now but, me,people can just keep arguing, talk about things not relevant thus wasting time and basically , just sort this out for themselves from now on..

Last edited:
Ok.. Argue away to your hearts content even though there is actually an SNP BASHING THREAD IN THE LOUNGE and admin did say to keep the thread on topic

I shall step aside and having nothing to do with this thread and wont bother my arse to keep posting links non stop as I have , not will I keep bumping the thread as I have and actually getting people involved in the first place! I am an alumnus of GCU and was actually getting somewhere with them but ,sod it! You'd all rather argue with each other instead of working as a team and trying to get the objectives done. You all that want to argue get stuck in arguing, but we all lose and Compston will be on Soccer Aid next year and his Doctor of Letters wont be stripped because you'll all be too busy arguing with each other to actually do anything..

I also know I'm not admin, I have been trying keep people focused to try and get something done, even one thing done. I've just been trying to help!

Have fun arguing with each other.
I for one appreciate what you’ve been doing here mate. For years now I’ve been saying we as a support aren’t as organised as them when it comes to their “faux outrage” and en masse complaining whenever they can.

This thread and the idiotic infighting does us no favours, if we can’t all pull in the same direction then what’s the point, don’t complain when you see Compston come out of hiding and into the papers to play the victim.

I for one appreciate what you’ve been doing here mate. For years now I’ve been saying we as a support aren’t as organised as them when it comes to their “faux outrage” and en masse complaining whenever they can.

This thread and the idiotic infighting does us no favours, if we can’t all pull in the same direction then what’s the point, don’t complain when you see Compston come out of hiding and into the papers to play the victim.

Any " celebrity " Rangers fan up on a stage belting out UVF songs would have seen MP's and MSP's complain to both UNICEF and Soccer Aid. We as ordinary supporters can only do so much, tbh.

Any " celebrity " Rangers fan up on a stage belting out UVF songs would have seen MP's and MSP's complain to both UNICEF and Soccer Aid. We as ordinary supporters can only do so much, tbh.
Were this to happen it would be immediately followed by MSP’s foaming at the mouth, questions being asked in the Dáil Éirean and complaints being made by that house to the Scottish Parliament with apologies demanded.

But this is Great Britain, so the Politicians in Westminster don’t want to rock the boat and stay quiet whilst the “Politicians” in Government in Scotland actively support the I.R.A. and anything that will serve to break the Union.

This thread and the idiotic infighting does us no favours, if we can’t all pull in the same direction then what’s the point, don’t complain when you see Compston come out of hiding and into the papers to play the victim
Thanks mate and exactly correct in what you say.

Last edited:
His future tweets should be met with screenshots of his unashamed IRA jolly fest and the particular question as to why he has refused to apologise. Caught out clear as day reveling in a murder squads actions.
His "statement" is cringeworthy and that alone should of shamed him into an apology a few days later. I'd say forever remind him into an apology but never lower yourself to insulting him, he's proved he genuinely isn't worth it.

Can we move this thread elsewhere? Sick of seeing it, that it has nearly two thousand replies and 42 pages, I think is more than enough.

It's been discussed, there's nothing this thread being here actually does.

If anyone is still majorly raging about Compston being a wee rebel loving bastard, channel your efforts into somewhere that can actually make a difference.

But I don't think it's going to bother his career too much unfortunately.
Funny you should that because that's why I said posters should actually just focus on why the thread was even put up and stop droning on about the SNP. If folk would/could just have managed to stay focused and actually use email and most importantly social media to push the links that are actually in the thread and hit the UNICEF and GCU on mass all at certain times to make sure the traffic to their sites and Martin Compston comes up with them being associated with pro IRA support.

This thread has yet again proven that no matter how many times you try and get people to work together for a push to achieve him being stripped of his Doctor of Letters from GCU and booted off Soccer aid it just does not matter. Certain posters are more focused on posting about things that just don't matter meaning, time is lost and the focus goes and next time its Soccer aid ,he will be there and he wont be stripped of his Doctor of Letters and the ones that derailed this thread will be still be moaning....

Last edited:
He is not employed by the BBC, his employment contract is not with them. The shows he makes are all made by a production company that employs him.
Line of Duty is a BBC production. The BBC have the choice to employ him or not.
Their stock reply about him being a staff member is deliberately misleading. His statement is a lie.
We have the opportunity to hurt him financially and have him stamped persona non grata for work financed by the British public. The BBC are publically accountable. He is (supposedly) an actor. Hurt him where it will hurt most.
Soccer Aid and GCU, as you have identified, are also areas where he can be reputationally damaged. For me, these are secondary issues.

Line of Duty is a BBC production. The BBC have the choice to employ him or not.
Their stock reply about him being a staff member is deliberately misleading. His statement is a lie.
We have the opportunity to hurt him financially and have him stamped persona non grata for work financed by the British public. The BBC are publically accountable. He is (supposedly) an actor. Hurt him where it will hurt most.
Soccer Aid and GCU, as you have identified, are also areas where he can be reputationally damaged. For me, these are secondary issues.
You may think they are " secondary issues" but they aren't. These two would not only him hard PR wise but ,totally destroy his ego to not next time be involved with Soccer aid which he has been involved in just about every other year and he has made promo videos for UNICEF since it first started. The negative publicly from having his honorary degree stripped from him would be a massive humiliation. I cant think of anyone else from GCU that has been awarded an honorary degree then had it stripped from them.

As for Line of duty its made this is made by a production company called world productions who also made vigil that he was in! They are actually part of ITV studios and sell the shows on.

He is not employed by the BBC, his employment contract is not with them. The shows he makes are all made by a production company that employs him.
Absolutely but the BBC pay the production company and as such can tell them he cannot work on BBC programs

Absolutely but the BBC pay the production company and as such can tell them he cannot work on BBC programs
Mate, that just wont happen.. ever! They would need to then tell the writer Jed Mecurio to write him out and he is the writers mate so.. not happening.

You may think they are " secondary issues" but they aren't. These two would not only him hard PR wise but ,totally destroy his ego to not next time be involved with Soccer aid which he has been involved in just about every other year and he has made promo videos for UNICEF since it first started. The negative publicly from having his honorary degree stripped from him would be a massive humiliation. I cant think of anyone else from GCU that has been awarded an honorary degree then had it stripped from them.

As for Line of duty its made this is made by a production company called world productions who also made vigil that he was in! They are actually part of ITV studios and sell the shows on.
The BBC productions for Line of Duty comes from Compston's CV. He is a liar right enough.

Any Rangers ‘supporter’ voting for the SNP needs to take a long hard look at themselves and realise that voting for that mob damages the club they ‘support’!
It’s certainly hard to understand given the behaviour of the likes of Yousaf and Dornan to name just two of many. That said, I don’t think can say a supporter of any legitimate political party is excluded from supporting us. If they chose to do so though I just wish they would put pressure on those they vote for to treat us fairly.

It is made by world productions who have been commissioned by the BBC to do so. They are effectively a subcontractor for the BBC. The BBC licence payers fund this commission. The BBC have editorial control.
Yes this is true and its basically what I said above but, they(the BBC) don't have editorial control at all. Its Jed mecurio that has editorial control over the show, he writes it and he is also a producer of it . He's also a good mate of Compston.

The more I know the less I understand.

what is tricky? its shows that have been on bbc 1 and HBO. Mate I know you are desperate for the BBC to be behind making line of duty but they arent. I listened to the writer of Line of Duty on a show on BBC 4 before and he has the main say on it as he writes it. If it ever comes back and Compston is essential to the story, he'll be in it as he's the mate of the writer and the BBC aren't the main company behind it, they just commission/buy it up from the production company.

I'm not even sure why you keep focusing on Line of duty as I doubt that will be back anyway. For me, its best to try and focus on winnable wars and that Id say Is UNICEF( Soccer aid) and GCU, getting his honorary degree stripped from him. That would have been winnable if folk would just have stayed on message and all hit social media in large numbers at the same time on both these sites . This could have been done continually at set times to show that ,if they stood by him they are just as bad as him =massive negative PR for both organisations.

I know for a fact that the GCU Alumnus group on Twitter was asking questions as I had been posting non stop on that and asked them all to ask the questions of GCU and did they want him associated with the University even though any support for such terrorists organisations actually breaches the University rules on equality and diversity. We could and frankly should have been so much further forward but aren't because of posters totally ignoring what the thread is about and the whole point of it! They instead thought it was a better idea to argue about the SNP and voting even though, there's actually an SNP bashing thread!

This thread is now at page 41 and we have done sod all because of a mixture of apathy and people being selfish and derailing the thread and the whole point for it.

Last edited:
2 weeks and counting since this little terrorist glorifying rat has put anything on Twitter.
At the very least we know he has been squirming. Hopefully his acting career tanks from now on.
Undoubtedly the kunts that manage this little rattler Kunt have told him to zip it and lie low. They know this will blow over despite the legitimate and justified protests over his behaviour.

Back