Connor Goldson - "I Just Want To Die" - Talking about his heart surgery

Is it just me that's missing the courage and resilience part. ...he's been posted missing in almost every game he's played in for well over a year now. He's been absolute shite since he signed his new contract.
If you can't say anything constructive in a thread about one of our players health battles, best saying phuck all.
Last part of name checks out

Is it just me that's missing the courage and resilience part. ...he's been posted missing in almost every game he's played in for well over a year now. He's been absolute shite since he signed his new contract.
The poster said you can't get back to playing football after such awful heart surgery without courage and resilience... What is it you're disagreeing with?

Nothing to do with our recent results.

"They sawed straight through my chest, from here to here. Opened it up, done the operation. The first night I was full of drugs, I was out of it. Then the second night it hit me. I was in the hospital bed and I remember texting Kayleigh saying 'I just want to die, I can't go through this pain'."

If you can't say anything constructive in a thread about one of our players health battles, best saying phuck all.
Last part of name checks out
What algar...?

Where were all the Goldson apologists when they were calling for him to be dropped or sold on , not even wanting to even offer him a new contract...? Was he not under the same circumstance ..? My point still stands he's been shite since since he signed his new contract, that there is no argument ..

You can have respect for how Goldson has faced up to major adversity in his life AND still have issues with his recent performances.

The two are not mutually exclusive concepts.

That said there is a time and a place. The OP is fundamentally about a bloke who has overcome enormous adversity in his life to reach the very top level of sport. Surely you can acknowledge that is an achievement worthy of respect?

Maybe I was brought up with Forsyth Jackson Butcher Gough Brown etc for me he's a weak and slow center half and should never have been given a new 4 year contract. I will be happy when he leaves our club. After his Hibs loser interview he should have left our club.

"Forget the real story, focus on language , is that how you work too?"

Calm yourself PhilippeTheFair no need for name calling my friend, without language nobody could read the story and it is also easy to misconstrue what is in front of the reader or in this case by the reader less to think of as clickbait and more to do with the expectations of what they were about to read imho?

My first thoughts was it was an off the cuff remark about our last game until I came into the thread and realised it was about his health and no it is not clickbait but a good use of the quote to get the readers attention to read this remarkable story!

If it were clickbait the title of the thread would most likely have little to do with the actual story!

You could have handled this better as the host of the thread PFT not by name calling but with simple use of language!

We all have frustrated off days I hope we all have a better evening tonight and have another inspiring story to talk about tomorrow?

WATP

Replying to your post mate as it's constructive and critical where due. Accept that.

Thread header has the person's name, Connor Goldson, then a hyphen to separate him from what he said. I saw nothing wrong, not a thing.

It's a fan site, not an English Language course. Levels of literacy on here yet 2 missing quotation marks causes drama for the queens.

When one enters the thread, they see Connor's words in quotation marks and then the tweet.

Only thing that had relevance to me was the player's own words.

I hover the wee arrow over thread headers and see the first couple of paragraphs and if the thread looks shite, I don't click in.

So in short, anyone doing the same, would not only see what he says "in quotation marks", they'd see the tweet also.

Where's the wrong doing?

Very emotional and it must be a frightening time for him and his family

Huge credit for him returning to football and getting success

Replying to your post mate as it's constructive and critical where due. Accept that.

Thread header has the person's name, Connor Goldson, then a hyphen to separate him from what he said. I saw nothing wrong, not a thing.

It's a fan site, not an English Language course. Levels of literacy on here yet 2 missing quotation marks causes drama for the queens.

When one enters the thread, they see Connor's words in quotation marks and then the tweet.

Only thing that had relevance to me was the player's own words.

I hover the wee arrow over thread headers and see the first couple of paragraphs and if the thread looks shite, I don't click in.

So in short, anyone doing the same, would not only see what he says "in quotation marks", they'd see the tweet also.

Where's the wrong doing?
I don't see any wrong doing you actually chose something in the headline that draws attention to the experience of Goldson so well done! All I saw was the quote and I was straight in and got it!

Back