Could an Old Firm women's match fill Ibrox or Celtic Park?

Isn't the poor goalkeepers down to the fact they're smaller than men but playing in men goals?

There's a big difference to having a 6 feet giant in goals and a 5'4 woman. Those extra 8 inches make a huge difference between saving and the ball being impossible reach.

Nope I have, I think seen one FM Goalie that can command her goal.

Maybe not but don't forget womens football is growing and is very popular in the States.
Most big clubs now have a ladies team and I think it will end up as good marketing for the club

Nothing would get me there bar the grand daughter wanting to go, but it could sell out. Crowds in England are on the way to being bigger than any SPFL fixture not including us or them

Getting pissed off with the amount of Females taking over. The women’s game is still laughable, with their make up on to play a game of Football? Until women get decent Goalkeepers it will be poor and over hyped, in short No.

Hope solo

ceffi6rgqt901.jpg

Ps her leaked pictures are pretty good :cool:

I'd probably make an effort to watch Rangers ladies if it was at a decent stadium with something up for grabs.
But any run of the mill stuff i couldnt fit in and dont think it would be of a high enough std ti hold my interest.

With professional mens football you can at least get a sense that the players have some skills or fitness probably above your own level.
With the women , i have to say , apart from elite levels, thinking i could do better than that!

Last edited:
Not this season, but it should be there as a goal to at least generate enough interest to host a game at Ibrox within a season or two, and to fill it within 5. If clubs down south can generate the interest then I'd be surprised if we couldn't now that we're taking it seriously. Media profile seems to be increasing exponentially and RTV has a part to play in fuelling interest.

It will take hard work and a decent ticket strategy but it should be doable - maybe some sort of double header with a youth game???

Long term if they are going to be a professional sports team then to justify that, they need to generate enough income not to be a charity case. It's the only way for it to be accepted as a proper sport.

I wonder how long it will be before English women's teams can pay better wages and transfer fees than average SPFL teams.

Wouldn’t have thought so.

Even if there was a substantial crowd, it’d be more a “family day out” scenario as opposed to a normal men’s game vs them. The atmosphere would be night and day. Bit of a damp squib that wouldn’t see the majority looking to return.

Short answer is no.

But the last couple of Women's FA Cup finals have got crowds of 40-45k at Wembley so it could happen at some point but it will take time to build interest.

I enjoyed some of the world cup and will probably take in a Rangers game at some point.

Do Scottish teams get into the Women's Champions League?

I presume our investment is based on getting into and doing well in the biggest club tournament. The game is only going to grow. It's an opportunity to be in the elite level in a way we can't in the men's game.

I used to see them play out my bedroom window when they played at the benz. You'd be lucky if 50 people were there to watch nevermind 50,000.

Be good to see the Rangers ladies get a good turn out but wouldn’t be anywhere near a sell out.
I personally would not be interested in attending but would watch on the box for the novelty factor.

Do Scottish teams get into the Women's Champions League?

I presume our investment is based on getting into and doing well in the biggest club tournament. The game is only going to grow. It's an opportunity to be in the elite level in a way we can't in the men's game.

Im pretty sure Glasgow City have been in CL qualifying games for years now.

Even Reserve games when there was no first team game on, couldn't fill it.

And we knew who the players all were.

It will happen. Fair play to Scotland's primary schools for their part they're playing in getting girls into football.

If they were like the 80s birds on the cans a Tennents , wearing the tight shorts of that era ...yeah defo !!

You'd be lucky to get 5k thorough the gate. Even the WWC final was played in a half empty stadium.

No. Not that many fans go to them. Might get a crowd of 10,000 or so.
Depends on what they’re playing.
Football?
No chance.
We can’t fill the stadium for reserves, under 21’s or even younger age cup finals.
The Woman’s game, as much as it’s growing in popularly, is years away from filling a Firhill let alone an Ibrox, on a regular basis that is.

Back