Could Malik Tillman genuinely head the moon?

6-E9-F3-D04-FCC7-4578-A706-EA2283-FAC70-F.jpg
From Van Souness on Twitter

Great leap and great header.

Said at the time though, keeper is a shitebag. If he's brave and clatters into Tillman, he'd get the stock standard foul for nothing. Thankfully he didn't.

Said at the time though, keeper is a shitebag. If he's brave and clatters into Tillman, he'd get the stock standard foul for nothing. Thankfully he didn't.
Sometimes, it's not overly about talent. It's as much about, desire, fight and a will to win. And to run through brick walls for your Club and Fans.

Boy showed it ALL tonight, though. Looks a right good prospect.

These thread titles, think some are wired to the moon when they come up with them.
First there's low calorie Ibrox, now Tillman is heading the moon.

Last edited:

Dont think the keeper seen him or he probably would have, its an incredible finish to anticipate and time that jump takes some doing

Exactly what I said. All he had to do was leap into Tillman and give the standard Belgian reaction to any challenge and it would’ve been their free kick

It really was some leap. The boy has hops.

Could be pushing the 40" vertical that basketball players have (although he had a running jump).

Reminds me of a header Ronaldo scored a year or two ago.

Like almost everyone else on here, I was astonished at that jump.

What I think is also important is that Tillman was clearly physically tiring by that point. (Jeez, how high can he jump early on in a game ??!!)
He'd also been getting nothing from the linesman on the right touchline, and I was worried that he would take that onboard.

But as BlueDel pointed out above, that goal was ALL about guts and desire.
Exactly what we want from our players.

Back