Cove Rangers Had 3 Players Sent Off In Injury Time Today

Disco Deejay

Cowdenbeath v Cove Rangers Div. 2 Play-Off Game today saw a scuffle on the touchline in injury time, which led to Cove Rangers getting 3 players sent off and no action against any Cowdenbeath players.

Not often a scuffle involving players from both teams is dealt with so one-sided. Obviously a young ref trying to get himself promoted quickly by singling-out players from a team called 'Rangers'. :rolleyes:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2632853/fight-brawl-cowdenbeath-cove-rangers/

Didn't see any of today's action, but, last week Cove missed 4 or 5 sitters and really should have been out of sight.

It really is a sham that both the winners of HfL / LL miss out to persistent failures like Cowdenbeath.

Didn't see any of today's action, but, last week Cove missed 4 or 5 sitters and really should have been out of sight.

It really is a sham that both the winners of HfL / LL miss out to persistent failures like Cowdenbeath.
I sometimes wonder if teams like Cove, or any of the Highland League teams, actually want promotion,
They'll become a small fish who now have major costs to factor into their budgets.

I sometimes wonder if teams like Cove, or any of the Highland League teams, actually want promotion,
They'll become a small fish who now have major costs to factor into their budgets.
Good point.

The two lower leagues should be regionalised.

Has to be regionalised to help all teams develop.

The travel costs given the options should have North and South Divisions, Feeding in to the top two or three or divisions.

The cove manager was furious after the game. Basically called the ref a cheat in his interview.

That was a hila interview. That Cove manager is an absolute prick. He said something along the lines of “ they cheated us because maybe they don’t like teams from the highlands”

When the feck did the southern side of Aberdeen where Cove come from become the highlands?

It not just highland league clubs. I have friend who is a Livvy fan who thinks although the Livvy board were publicly pleased about win over Dundee Hibs they will be crapping themselves in case they actually do get promoted as there is no way the club can afford to have a competitive side in the Premiership. Also the stadium needs some work especially the undersoil heating at Almondvale which hasn’t been used for years due to the cost factor and it could be a couple of hundred grand to replace it.

That was a hila interview. That Cove manager is an absolute prick. He said something along the lines of “ they cheated us because maybe they don’t like teams from the highlands”

When the feck did the southern side of Aberdeen where Cove come from become the highlands?

Buckie isn’t in the Highlands either, he’s clearly just referring to the Highland League.

That's nothing, there's a team in Glasgow who play in the SPL with fans who are convinced they play in Ireland.

Often go to the Fraserburgh games, Cove are full of greeting faced moaning w*nkers, the manager is one of the worst! They hate playing the broch as well hahah!

The highland fault line runs from Helensburgh to Stonehaven. Everything north of this line,including Aberdeen is in the highlands

Has to be regionalised to help all teams develop.

The travel costs given the options should have North and South Divisions, Feeding in to the top two or three or divisions.
I agree, they should have Highland and Lowland leagues to reduce the travel losts.

Regionalised lower leagues would make a lot more sense. Imagine Elgin v Annan on a midweek? How realistically would fans manage that? At that level rivalry is local and better served in a regional format. Try to make football affordable for fans and the teams.

The highland fault line runs from Helensburgh to Stonehaven. Everything north of this line,including Aberdeen is in the highlands

Well I didn’t know that and probably most don’t know that either. I lived in Aberdeen for 5 years and I don’t recall any locals I met referring to themselves as a highlander.

Back