Cowdenbeath Asking Fans to Pay for Games Still to be Played

okbear

Just seen that Cowdenbeath are asking fans to "pay at the gate" for their next match and 3 matches after that to the season end.

In my opinion, for small clubs, it's a good idea and resembles us not asking for season ticket refunds.

Hopefully their fans bail them out and it helps them long term.

For obvious reasons, I hope, if tried, this fails miserably on Tannadice St and in other areas of Scotland.

Hopefully they can and are financially in a place to do so but it’s a big ask.

they will need to pay by card as well will they not

They get about 200 fans maybe? Stock cars keep them going and with that gone as well....probably curtains for the Blue Brazil soon.

What's Cowdenbeath's average attendance ? 300?
Around £20 entry ? Probably less.
Over 4 games that's £24000.
I'm sure the Chairman, Findlay has that just for his pipe baccy.

Their average gate receipts are probably on par with Donald Findlay's monthly income

If their average attendance is 300. The amount they are suggesting to donate is £17. Multiply both and that is most likely Donald Findlay QC daily fee, providing he is only asked to see one client!!!

Just seen that Cowdenbeath are asking fans to "pay at the gate" for their next match and 3 matches after that to the season end.

In my opinion, for small clubs, it's a good idea and resembles us not asking for season ticket refunds.

Hopefully their fans bail them out and it helps them long term.

For obvious reasons, I hope, if tried, this fails miserably on Tannadice St and in other areas of Scotland.
This is a cracking idea.

Expect more Clubs to follow.

Gary Bollan has done a good job with a very young group of players. From league whipping boys to a playoff spot.
This may be very bad for them though, Stock cars was the main income there and they’d already had to ask fans for financial support not long ago or they were done.

Don’t care, they can rot in hell. Once upon a time would have happily made a contribution.

Gary Bollan has done a good job with a very young group of players. From league whipping boys to a playoff spot.
This may be very bad for them though, Stock cars was the main income there and they’d already had to ask fans for financial support not long ago or they were done.
I'm sure the stock cars one C P and cowdenbeath pay them rent.WATP

h9RO1bA.gif

If you're still getting paid and you would have paid out that money anyway then it won't feel like much of a loss financially, especially to your football club. Good idea.

If you're still getting paid and you would have paid out that money anyway then it won't feel like much of a loss financially, especially to your football club. Good idea.

But u also have concerns over how long this will take and how much u need to save

As above, maybe that preposterous fanny Donald Findlay might like to sub them a few quid. If anyone can afford it, it’s him.

Can see a few more clubs doing this shortly. I dont think there will be any football before september, think by then a few clubs will be gone.

Back