Cup Final loss impact on the rest of the season

Why would anyone think the league was decided yesterday, whichever way it went?

Total nonsense. They us in March 09 League cup final and we went on to win it.

Honestly don't know.

I want to say it was galvanize the squad and they can use it as fuel for the rest of the season but I'm not too sure.

I am more confident of winning the league now

Their next 5 games
Hibs- home
Hearts- away
Sheep - home
St Mirren - away
then us

They are not winning all of those games

For me the display has gave me even more encouragement. There is no way this league is done for me it's going all the way

Their next 5 games
Hibs- home
Hearts- away
Sheep - home
St Mirren - away
then us

Let’s be honest here, the only fixture you’d look at at them dropping points before we visit is Hearts away but with the state they are in right now that’s unlikely.

What about our next 5? They are worse. Motherwell and Hibs away is on a par with Aberdeen away and Hearts away and we dropped points in both.

Thursday is the most pivotal imo.

We lose on Thursday and moral will take a hammering. If we lose and go out of Europe, I see us really struggling to pick up any kind of trophy again this year.

Thursday is imperative that we win.

Their next 5 games
Hibs- home
Hearts- away
Sheep - home
St Mirren - away
then us

I'd love to agree with you, but I don't.

Look at their last two matches, like last season also.

When they are struggling they still win.

When we struggle we drop points.

That's been the difference the past two seasons.

in the cold light of day ,when we look back on yesterday,what we see is our team bossing that shower all over the park,and won more or less every battle except the one against their keeper,i dont need to repeat the decisions that cost us the game yesterday,so that shower got their night out to party last night,but there will be more than a few worried minds amongst their ,board,management and support,they can dress it up anyway they wish,but the whole country saw for itself yesterday,that we have their number and we are on an upward spiral ,the same cannot be said for them,so their hollow victory yesterday should not depress us bears,good times are a coming bears be under no illusions about it

For me the loss today means we will be more fired up for the old firm in 3 weeks so could be beneficial for us in the league. At the same time if we won today it would have encouraged Celtic to focus and seek revenge in the league. Maybe being overly positive about it but that's my take as an amateur sports psychologist.
Either way it's the least important trophy and there's definitely too much end of the world mentality when things go wrong on here. We are still on course for a terrific season and at New Year could be a point clear or more at the top of the league with a Battle of Britain clash against the likes of Man U to look forward to. Tough one to take but plenty to be excited about.

I'd love to agree with you, but I don't.

Look at their last two matches, like last season also.

When they are struggling they still win.

When we struggle we drop points.

That's been the difference the past two seasons.
Well its my opinion and we will find out in the next few weeks if they do or don't but i can see at least 2 points being dropped before they play us

I dont take the negative view that a lot do on here, they are not going to win every game and i believe we will take care of our 3 league games before we play them.

We absolutely bossed the game deserved the win but couldn`t put the ball in the net, on to Thursday now which is another huge night for our club , if we win that and qualify Sunday is forgotten, we can`t let it linger on by not getting the result we want on Thursday.

Something at the emotional level only impacts upon you to the extent you allow it to.
Easily said I know, but nonetheless mental strength to limit such an impact is what separates those equipped for survival and regeneration and those that ultimately whither and fail.

We put this behind us having taken any positives from it that we can, learn from the negatives and come out stronger with all the fight we can muster.
As Stevie the Ger says, Let's Go!

Many on here, including myself said that the winner of today's Cup Final would go on to win the league.

Now the dust is settling on today's result, who still thinks the same?

Today was an acid test for me, some still came up short for what it takes to be a Ranger and win trophies.
There’s winning the league cup and there’s performing in the league cup final. We were the better team from start to finish, by a considerable distance, we will show no fear or respect to them, we are better and we will beat them at their own ground. We got robbed yesterday and we will be using that hurt to push us towards the title, which is our main objective!

Well its my opinion and we will find out in the next few weeks if they do or don't but i can see at least 2 points being dropped before they play us

I dont take the negative view that a lot do on here, they are not going to win every game and i believe we will take care of our 3 league games before we play them.

As you are entitled to.

I am just drawing on their previous two seasons and their mentality.

As you say though, time will tell.

Many on here, including myself said that the winner of today's Cup Final would go on to win the league.

Today was an acid test for me, some still came up short for what it takes to be a Ranger and win trophies.
OP I said the same to many off my pals, that the winner yesterday would go on to win the league. As devastating as it was yesterday, the only glimmer I can take from it is the performance was superb. I dont think this will have a negative effect on our league campaign, if anything I think it will spur us on. Gerrard and Tav in their post match interviews looked absolutely heartbroken, like we all were, and are. They will use the hurt to go onto bigger and better things, and when we finally do win something they will get all the credit in the world they deserve. Days like yesterday will make our next trophy win that little bit sweeter. It wasnt to be yesterday, but we know it, and so do they, we will win something soon. WATP

If our players have anything about them then the sense of injustice will drive them on. I want to see anger in every single performance now.

Wish I could say I was confident lads, absolutely scunnered.

Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see the wheels come off the league campaign this month culminating at their hovel.

Goes without saying I’m dying to be wrong but when you give absolutely everything, play them off the park, get a penalty and they have a man sent off but their name still goes on the trophy, that’s going to dent the confidence levels.

No negatives

we play lije we did but finnish

theses cunts will crumble

As you are entitled to.

I am just drawing on their previous two seasons and their mentality.

As you say though, time will tell.
Yea i know they are not going to collapse or anything like that i just feel they could drop points but of course we could aswell, we need a big push to win the 3 league games and Europa game before the 29th then we can hopefully get some kind of payback on them.

If the same thing happens again on the 29th or we give away leads like Aberdeen then of course we will have to be more concerned

I just hope we can get Jones fit for the right over the next few games

I am on the bus home from the airport while I still gutted at yesterday.i have also a lot of hope as we batterd them yesterday.

For the people saying that celtic will crumble, I don’t see where that’s came from. They conceded a 90th min goal against Hamilton then went back up the park and made it 2-1. How many last minute winners did they get last season too?

I don’t think they will crumble, but as well as that I don’t think Rangers losing yesterday has any bearing on the league. We outplayed them, a lot of things didn’t go our way. Missed pen, offside goal, other penalty decision not given which more blatant than the one we got.

It’s still all to play for.

Means nothing to me personally, would loved to have won it after all these years, but the league is all I want and Winning on Thursday would see all memory of this wiped out.
Winning on Thursday won,t wipe out Sundays result.its the manor in which they won will stick with people for a long time.

It doesn’t need to effect it in a negative way, Gerrard will use it as fuel to put fire in their bellies, I’d have had concerns if they were played off the park and capitulated, but it was the opposite, they were excellent and simply the victim of a terrible decision.

We just don’t let it impact us. We are a professional football team so we just have to learn what we can from that and move on.

We’ve still got so much to play for this season and that’s what we concentrate on.

No doubt they’ll have a debrief today but then full concentration should be on Young Boys and getting to the k.o. stages, hopefully as group winners.

We showed yesterday that we have nothing to fear from the tramps. Personally I’m more worried what we might do to ourselves.

Forwards and upwards.

I think we need to wait and see how we react on Thursday. I was firmly in the camp of 'the winner wins the league' but the manner of our performance has made me think again. We played them off the park. We were better in every department. If we continue to play in that manner we will drop very few points in the league.

Still utterly gutted but trying to see the positives in the performance.

I personally think it will have a massive impact on the rest of our season, the question is, will the hurt and pain of losing be used to drive them on to destroy everyone, or will they collapse because of it?

Most definitely over what happened yesterday. Fairly positive now about our chances going forward.

We'll qualify for the last 32 of the Europa. If we can pick up maximum points in the league games and get at least a draw on the 29th we can regroup in January, send the likes of Ojo back down south and get in a right sided atacker.

Back