Dapo Mebude

PetricPower

Dapo scored once and assisted another two in a comfortable win for the Scotland under-19s yesterday. The 17-year-old’s run of good form for Rangers reserves is likely to have put him into contention for the first team.

I would like to see the young lad given the nod at some point this season although I’m sure the gaffer will know when he is ready. Surely a better option than Sadiq?

Travelled to Moscow with the first team and was Involved with the squad for the game v Motherwell. He’s more of winger than a striker so not really a replacement for Sadiq.

Not seen much of him. Will he be able to cope physically?

That's the biggest issue for the likes of him, Kelly and a few others right now.

Middleton has filled out early. Another that way is Dallas, who would be able to handle the physical side. I'm not saying the players are "too small", but it's clear at first team level anywhere you need physical strength of some kind to be able to thrive and allow technical ability to show.

Is he the lad who replaced Sadiq at half time in a reserve game and scored a hat trick?

Got to be knocking at the door surely.

Back