Denmark ready to leave FIFA

Ah know man. Imagine being outraged at a country making it illegal to be gay. PC gone mad mate. Can't even lock of people for their sexual preference without a SJW greeting. Mental.

Why this specific issue and only this issue though? Playing in stadiums that people died whike building them. At a World Cup that was awarded due to corruption. Playing alongside other nations that have questionable human rights records. Running about in Nike and Adidas gear that was made in god knows what kind of environment.

Why only this issue?

Football needs reform. Fifa and uefa need gutted. All corrupt bastards
Throwing the toys out the pram if you ask me. Do they want football to become a virtue signalling fanfare? The decision to go to Qatar was 12 years ago why didn't they want to leave then or in any of the preceding tournaments. Why did they even enter the qualification process for the world cup?

The mental thing about all this is that they are going nuts about an armband for LGBT but not the huge number of immigrants who ACTUALLY DIED building the stadiums.

It just sums up how screwed our priorities are these days. The worst division in the world is between rich and poor, not straight and LGBT. But we won’t address the first one though because our whole house of cards of a society is built on it.

The situation for migrant workers there is an absolute disgrace but for some reason the armband thing has become the main talking point.

Nobody minds taking their seat in a stadium built by migrant workers living and working in horrendous conditions but the second you tell them they can't wave a rainbow flag then that's what becomes a major issue.

This could get interesting

Denmark are ready to discuss a blanket withdrawal from FIFA alongside other UEFA nations over the OneLove armbands issue.

The captains of seven European nations were planning on wearing the anti-discrimination armbands to protest against Qatar’s human rights record, but all backed down after FIFA revealed on the eve of the tournament that they would be shown yellow cards for doing so.

Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday morning, Danish FA (DBU) CEO Jakob Jensen revealed that a yellow card was the “minimum” punishment that captain Simon Kjaer would have faced.

“On November 21, England asked for an emergency meeting with FIFA, who came to the English hotel,” Jensen revealed. “FIFA said it would at least give a yellow card.

“There has been discussion about whether there is a legal basis for giving a yellow card, but there is. The penalty could have been a yellow card, that the captain had not come on the pitch or that he was given a ban.”

The German football association is taking FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over the ban and now the DBU delegation revealed the “anger” this has caused, and stated they would not formally support current president Gianni Infantino – who is standing unopposed – in his reelection bid.

“There are presidential elections in FIFA. There are 211 countries in FIFA and I understand that the current president has statements of support from 207 countries,” said DBU chairman Jesper Moller. “Denmark is not among those countries. And we’re not going to be either.”

Moller also revealed that Denmark were considering leaving FIFA, and were willing to discuss this with all 55 member states of the organisation.

“It is not a decision that has been made now. We have been clear about this for a long time. We have been discussing it in the Nordic region since August,” he said.

“I’ve thought it again. I imagine that there may be challenges if Denmark leaves on its own. But let us see if we cannot have a dialogue on things.“I have to think about the question of how to restore confidence in FIFA. We must evaluate what has happened, and then we must create a strategy – also with our Nordic colleagues.”
Good for Denmark, it's a pity other countries don't have the balls for this...

FIFA is a kleptocracy that needs to come to an end....

There's an inevitability that one day, soon, countries and Clubs will breakaway from FIFA/UEFA. Similar to LIV golf, it will only destroy competition and detatch the game even further from the fans.
Any new formation of a governing body will be just as corrupt as the previous one. It's similar to folk wanting a new government only to be surprised that the next ones are just as utterly useless as their predecessors.

Careful what you wish for. A breakaway will destroy football as we know it.

FIFA are not fit for purpose. Total joke that Russia and Qatar got the last couple of world cups.
Thats why they call it a "world cup". They can't just give it to Western Europe every 4 years.

If you dig deep enough, every country awarded a WC have a shady history they're not too proud of.

Why can't we just get on with the fitba and leave saving the world to wee Greta?

Last edited:
If they had just failed to turn up it would have sent out a huge message instead of their virtue signalling and that poxy excuse of an armband. These countries have said the square root of f’all for years on the poor conditions the workers had to work and live in whilst building the stadiums and network of roads etc. the lost lives mean nothing to these “superstars’ and football associations.

This.

Football is being ruined by SJW’s.

No sporting event takes place now without some faux outrage about something somewhere.

Think most of the outrage is that a lot of people driving all the SJW shite are at or benefiting from this world cup after spending the last 3 or 4 years telling us plebs how bigoted we all are.

This tournament will turn a lot of true fans away from the game.

It has gone far too political and even more commercial than ever.

FIFA are corrupt as fck and playing the top tournament in the desert in what is clear corruption in a country that literally has no morals but preaches to everyone else is the final straw. The beer ban 48 hours before the start was the cherry on top. Should have been cancelled there and then.
100%

It’s now about pundits getting their own agendas out their and not about football.

As for Fifa they should be finished but who takes over?

Suspect Denmark may be on their own with this.
I don’t think they will be. FIFA is corrupt to the core and badly needs reform, this is the chance to do it. If England and other top sides threaten to leave too FIFA will panic.

They have had 12 years to voice their concerns on all these isues and haven't.

What's the point in any country being banned by FIFA for the next World Cup when it's this one that has been causing the issues?

Too little , too late.

they need to get a biggie on board

Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina

if one of those 4 walk, people start paying attention

The lot of them, sitting there being paid a fortune banging on about it makes my piss boil. If they were that bothered they could have stayed away. Do as I say not as I do has never been so apt. Qatar was awarded this years ago. Everyone knows it was corrupt but nothing said. The women moaning about the treatment of women whilst pocketing a fortune for being there after playing Sunday football is particularly infuriating.
Moral fortitude versus depth of pocket. One of the human races eternal conflicts or at least it should be. I’m surprised it’s playing out on the world stage of football…

This could get interesting

Denmark are ready to discuss a blanket withdrawal from FIFA alongside other UEFA nations over the OneLove armbands issue.

The captains of seven European nations were planning on wearing the anti-discrimination armbands to protest against Qatar’s human rights record, but all backed down after FIFA revealed on the eve of the tournament that they would be shown yellow cards for doing so.

Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday morning, Danish FA (DBU) CEO Jakob Jensen revealed that a yellow card was the “minimum” punishment that captain Simon Kjaer would have faced.

“On November 21, England asked for an emergency meeting with FIFA, who came to the English hotel,” Jensen revealed. “FIFA said it would at least give a yellow card.

“There has been discussion about whether there is a legal basis for giving a yellow card, but there is. The penalty could have been a yellow card, that the captain had not come on the pitch or that he was given a ban.”

The German football association is taking FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over the ban and now the DBU delegation revealed the “anger” this has caused, and stated they would not formally support current president Gianni Infantino – who is standing unopposed – in his reelection bid.

“There are presidential elections in FIFA. There are 211 countries in FIFA and I understand that the current president has statements of support from 207 countries,” said DBU chairman Jesper Moller. “Denmark is not among those countries. And we’re not going to be either.”

Moller also revealed that Denmark were considering leaving FIFA, and were willing to discuss this with all 55 member states of the organisation.

“It is not a decision that has been made now. We have been clear about this for a long time. We have been discussing it in the Nordic region since August,” he said.

“I’ve thought it again. I imagine that there may be challenges if Denmark leaves on its own. But let us see if we cannot have a dialogue on things.“I have to think about the question of how to restore confidence in FIFA. We must evaluate what has happened, and then we must create a strategy – also with our Nordic colleagues.”
Can't wait for the world cup of Denmark. Reckon it will be Denmark Vs Denmark in the final. Will be good for the host nation.

No matter what happens I think there is going to be fall out between the big European teams and FIFA after this fiasco of a World Cup.
Maybe too late for most but I think they played the game were they gave FIFA enough rope to hang themselves. Boycotting and withdrawing before the tournament in the long run may not be as effective as let FIFA f&&k it up. After it’s over mount a concerted campaign against them.
In the years leading up to this there were enough opportunities and reasons for FIFA to do their jobs and move the venue for 2022.

The smaller non traditional nations are now running FIFA and it has all ended up with this bollocks in the desert.

No matter what happens I think there is going to be fall out between the big European teams and FIFA after this fiasco of a World Cup.
Maybe too late for most but I think they played the game were they gave FIFA enough rope to hang themselves. Boycotting and withdrawing before the tournament in the long run may not be as effective as let FIFA f&&k it up. After it’s over mount a concerted campaign against them.
In the years leading up to this there were enough opportunities and reasons for FIFA to do their jobs and move the venue for 2022.

The smaller non traditional nations are now running FIFA and it has all ended up with this bollocks in the desert.
I get the hunch that the US will try and take a stab at running or being most influenceable in world football, if the fall or wobble of FIFA occurs. I note the vigour that they went after Warner and co in a US court that the phoenix that morphs will have US influence written all over it. Still think the world power base of football belongs in Europe, but this version of FIFA from Europe is setting the game back decades.

Fifa are a shower of cunts, definitely, but at the same time I'm sick to death of this lbgt stuff. I just want to watch the football. I know qatar is backwards in many ways, but let's be honest, if the World cup was held somewhere very liberal, like the UK or France, it'd still be inundated with rainbow this and rainbow that. If its needed in Qatar for their antiquated laws, (and I get that argument), then whys it needed in a liberal European country, which is the exact opposite of Qatar???

My take on this is as follows:
If the players/teams were actually that fussed and really wanted to protest about this, they would have taken the cards instead of being all mouth and no conviction.
What would FIFA do if every team that said they would wear the armbands actually went through with it, especially if it was both teams playing in the same game.
Both captains - Yellow card
Captains keep the armbands on - second yellow and red
Next captain wears the armband - Yellow
Keeps it on - second yellow and red
This continues until the ref has to abandon the game
Multiple games abandoned and the most farcical WC in history. I don't think FIFA would have been happy with that.

Good let’s get rid of FIFA, how about we bring in the Saudis to back it and ensure that the money raised by these events go back to the people who really deserve it, the players earning six figures a week to spend on more holidays in Dubai.

Back