Dinamo Zagreb fans looking to make new friends

ronhaviv002balkan.jpg

A ruthless killer……but a really powerful picture (Arkan’s Tigers)

Last edited:
I think a few folk need to read about the Balkan war again. The Serbs were intent in writing a few historical wrongs and were doing okay with the killings until the UN stepped in.
My late father said that went Tito went Yugoslavia would split, turn to shit and perceived historical wrongs would be righted.
Interesting read on Boban who played for AC Milan which lets you know the Powderkeg brewing.

The Serbs waited centuries ffs to get back at the Muslims and then the Croats for WW11.
These were neighbours for decades now killing each other.
Brutal time.
The UN are culpable in some of the slaughter after being conned with promises of safe passages.
The brutality and rape of woman from all sides was horrific.
Slovenia must have looked back and thanked God.

p.s. my dad also saif China would eventually be THE World power. :eek: :p

Funny you should say that. I came back into this thread tonight after enjoying reading it earlier to ask if anyone could tell me some good books to read on the conflict and that area of the world.

I was too young to understand what was happening at the time of the balkans war and must admit it is one war that I dont know an awful lot about. Ive ended up enthralled in some of the stories people have been telling on here today.

Funny you should say that. I came back into this thread tonight after enjoying reading it earlier to ask if anyone could tell me some good books to read on the conflict and that area of the world.

I was too young to understand what was happening at the time of the balkans war and must admit it is one war that I dont know an awful lot about. Ive ended up enthralled in some of the stories people have been telling on here today.
YouTube- death of Yugoslavia (amazing documentary)

Apart from the fact the majority of fans were in the field?

I was in Warsaw and heard of no fighting, in fact did the police not sit outside a pub in the centre where rangers fans were drinking?

Don’t think any rangers fan was dishing out any slaps to Warsaw ultras :D
Yes we did, a few of them were lurking about the bar we were in in the city centre one tried to grab a scarf off a young boy, failed then got slapped about and eventually grabbed by the polis

The others with him were chased onto a tram

They didn’t want to know in Glasgow but our boys did have a go at getting at their march but the polis got us separated before we could get to close

Yes we did, a few of them were lurking about the bar we were in in the city centre one tried to grab a scarf off a young boy, failed then got slapped about and eventually grabbed by the polis

The others with him were chased onto a tram

They didn’t want to know in Glasgow but our boys did have a go at getting at their march but the polis got us separated before we could get to close
Must’ve been kept quiet then because there was zero chat of anything up until now. Tbf, if people actually wanted it in Warsaw they knew where to go but to my knowledge don’t think anyone went near the ultras pub at their end

I honestly don’t believe guys that train MMA etc weren’t interested in a scrap. I know Glaswegians and Scottish people are game in general but Eastern European ultras are a different level

Must’ve been kept quiet then because there was zero chat of anything up until now. Tbf, if people actually wanted it in Warsaw they knew where to go but to my knowledge don’t think anyone went near the ultras pub at their end

I honestly don’t believe guys that train MMA etc weren’t interested in a scrap. I know Glaswegians and Scottish people are game in general but Eastern European ultras are a different level
They offered, we didn’t have the support over there for it.

Osijek thought they were tickets with their mauy thai gear on, didn’t help them.

Eastern European’s aren’t the only people with gyms mate.

Well i freely admit nuance can be lost on a foreigner like myself, but im fairly certain the BBB have adopted Ustashe and Nazi symbolism as well as being open proponents of Croat nationalism.

Im happy for you to educate me though mate. After all, id rather learn an accurate version of history than a prejudiced one. If im wrong, im wrong.

I recommend, the death of yugoslavia by Laura silber and allan little.

I got it on a 2nd hand book site for a couple of quid. If I still had it, would have sent you it. Worth a read.

How would you know though? No offence meant but you sound like you get your info off the internet.

There are obviously things that go on in the background that you would only know about if you are involved in that sort of thing, I would imagine.

This is a good read, Brit mercenaries in Bosnia. It give a good sense of the chaos of a multi side conflict.

How would you know though? No offence meant but you sound like you get your info off the internet.

There are obviously things that go on in the background that you would only know about if you are involved in that sort of thing, I would imagine.
Yup, I only get info off here and on the FF Facebook :D :D

They offered, we didn’t have the support over there for it.

Osijek thought they were tickets with their mauy thai gear on, didn’t help them.

Eastern European’s aren’t the only people with gyms mate.
Fair point but I’ll take a guess that majority of your average UK casuals aren’t spending 3/4 days in a MMA/boxing gym

Video of Celtic outside Tynecastle prime example

We left that pub in the centre we were dropped at and got a taxi to the ground. The driver dropped us at their end after trying several times to get down to our end. Let’s just say it was not the most pleasant of experiences.

Recommend Misha Glenny as an author for insight into the Balkans.
He's good mate, had a go at liberal and labour mp's who were backing the croats, by telling them that they were indeed a facist govt, but they didnt want to hear it.

He speaks the Serb croat language and was critical of them all, but he was trying to tell them that there's more to this than what we're seeing on news reports. Pretty sad indictment on the calibre of politician in this country, which has actually got worse since then.

That mob that done the english in Marseille looked like they were on a red army training weekend exercise, without the guns.

Even the Russian sports minister congratulated them.

Some of the foreign casuals live and breathe this stuff. They train like militia. I remember watching a documentary on the Russian casuals. They trained in tactics, formations and all sorts

Some of the foreign casuals live and breathe this stuff. They train like militia. I remember watching a documentary on the Russian casuals. They trained in tactics, formations and all sorts

Russians are a different breed.

Only reason it never kicked off in Glasgow with Spartak Moscow is because a large section we’re protesting against their club for banning orders and another section were refused entry into the country.

Most of their away end was full of middle class Russians from the UK, dodged a bullet that night it would’ve been mayhem.

eastern european ultras are more interested in making a noise and throwing flares about imo.
Everyone bangs on about them all being MMA trained. Granted some might be but running about fields with gum shields doesnt make them any different to us.

fact is weve travelled as a support everywhere without being attacked by these guys that are on a different level as you say. Same goes for Ibrox, when was the last time anyone ran amok?

These guys no matter what they do just don't get it re casual culture. There are some who wear the right clothes etc but to most they just seem to think being a roided up mma trained fighter makes them casuals well they aren't they are just hooligans and thugs.

Btw for those wondering. The connection between the BBB and the GB is fairly obvious. Its a form of Conservative Catholicism.

Apart from the fact the majority of fans were in the field?

I was in Warsaw and heard of no fighting, in fact did the police not sit outside a pub in the centre where rangers fans were drinking?

Don’t think any rangers fan was dishing out any slaps to Warsaw ultras :D
You thought wrong we tried to have it with them in Glasgow and they and weren‘t interested, over there they tried to knock something off a young fan and got a few slap and his pals chased all this MMA pish aswell people are getting them mixed up with the ruskies who are a totally different breed yes some of them will be but definitely not all.

Last edited:

Only reason it never kicked off in Glasgow with Spartak Moscow is because a large section we’re protesting against their club for banning orders and another section were refused entry into the country.

Most of their away end was full of middle class Russians from the UK, dodged a bullet that night it would’ve been mayhem.
Steroid snorting freaks have no style.

Pretty sure the poets had a go at them at Glasgow X.

Their fans weren’t anonymous in Moscow.

Not the vast majority far from it. The siding with Ustashe or Partizan depended on who knocked at your door at the time they were recruiting. My mates father's father was Ustashe, his mothers father was Partizan from the same village in Slavonia. The former saved the latter by vouching for him at a 'round up' time.

You will find most sensible Croats today (like Germans) have no time for Ustashe/Nazi politics, but it will always be there like the far right in any European country.
Wife’s family is from Slavonia. Many had no choice. Recruited at gun point.

Did the Serbs not kick feck out of the Croats in the Balkans war?

Serb burdz are delicious.
For a little while. Serbs controlled the Yugoslav military and the UN imposed a one sided arms embargo. Once the Croats got their hands on weapons (Germany sent them former East German gear) they ran right over the Serbs and cleared them out of Croatia. Thatcher wanted to send the Croatian’s weapons and support them from the air but was in the back benches at the time and was ignored. She called the Serbs out for the atrocities they were committing. Not so naive to think there wasn’t payback but when you have seen your own family slaughtered in front of your eyes it can cause normal guys to lose their minds.

He's good mate, had a go at liberal and labour mp's who were backing the croats, by telling them that they were indeed a facist govt, but they didnt want to hear it.

He speaks the Serb croat language and was critical of them all, but he was trying to tell them that there's more to this than what we're seeing on news reports. Pretty sad indictment on the calibre of politician in this country, which has actually got worse since then.
The fall of Yugoslavia was a great insight into the most recent conflict.

Just started Balkans: Nationalism, War and the Great Powers, 1804-2012.

Fair point but I’ll take a guess that majority of your average UK casuals aren’t spending 3/4 days in a MMA/boxing gym

Video of Celtic outside Tynecastle prime example
Going to the gym 3/4 days a week counts for nothing if you can't actually fight. Plenty of videos out there of supposed trained fighters getting leathered off folk/groups much smaller and gamer than them.

Going to the gym 3/4 days a week counts for nothing if you can't actually fight. Plenty of videos out there of supposed trained fighters getting leathered off folk/groups much smaller and gamer than them.
If the groups got a numbers advantage? Also, by gym I didn’t mean lifting weights

I’m backing a trained fighter every single time. I’ve been humbled in a boxing gym a few times when sparring the smaller carded boxers

Last edited by a moderator:
If the groups got a numbers advantage? Also, by gym I didn’t mean lifting weights

I’m backing a trained fighter every single time. I’ve been humbled in a boxing gym a few times when sparring the smaller carded boxers
Torcida vs Brondby 2017

Brondby hooligan after fight with Croatians. Obviously I don't know the exact specifics of the fight as I wasn't there, but not buying the numbers advantage thing regardless of circumstances here. He's clearly been part of a group out looking for it.

img

bdc3177ca0dd80777cb95a3739e282ab.jpg

Torcida vs Brondby 2017

Brondby hooligan after fight with Croatians. Obviously I don't know the exact specifics of the fight as I wasn't there, but not buying the numbers advantage thing regardless of circumstances here. He's clearly been part of a group out looking for it.

img

Trained fighter vs a game person that’s not a trained fighter, more often than not a trained fighter wins

The only places I can remember trouble involving our fans and opposition was Osijek at home and away, Maribor with the police and potentially some in Vienna

Can’t mind much else

Torcida vs Brondby 2017

img

Guy looks like a cartoon character baddie.

So has he just got leathered off the Croatians?

M

My dad is harder than your dad

Latest posts

Back